Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What new things did they try?
My understanding is they were trying to isolate the shifting mechanism from the tranny in order to reduce harmonics.
However, body flex would throw off the shifts and cause issues, missed shifts etc.
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My understanding is they were trying to isolate the shifting mechanism from the tranny in order to reduce harmonics.
However, body flex would throw off the shifts and cause issues, missed shifts etc.
Ford had a remote shifter on the Tremec TR-3650 with a remote shifter on the Mustang GT from 2005-2010, a Tremec TR-6060 remoted shifted in the GT500 in 2007. Getrag had a remote shifter on the 420G in the early '90s.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recommend the catch can. I'm very happy with the UPR dual valve I have in my mustang. About 1 oz or less of oil every 5000 miles that doesn't end up on my valves.
Definitely a catch can, I forgot about that entirely.

I had one, and every 2k miles, I'd get a $tarbuck$ espresso cup and fill it right up, look like I poured myself a double espresso.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone driven a '15-17 Mustang and then an '18+? Anything change from then and now?

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess Ford's designation for the 7 speed is MT-88. Getrag calls it the 7MTI550:
uld-come-with-7-speed-manual-transmission-129249_1.jpg

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, just clicked the link and the performance package comes with a scanner/datalogger. It also will allow you to install updates. That was actually a question I had as to when updates are pushed how does the performance flash handle those.

I am assuming the tuner will be vin locked to the vehicle?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
From Ford, its $825 although the street price might be a little lower if you shop around. The kit consists of a drop in K&N panel filter, a Ford Performance Pro Cal 4 tuner and a voucher for one tune.
2019-2020 Ranger Ecoboost Power Pack Performance Calibration
That’s not a bad price at all assuming you get 20+ hp gain to the wheels. My question is what happens if you put 87 or 91 octane in the truck AFTER it’s been tuned for 93? Will it damage the engine or will it just run at normal power level from factory?

I only ask because I got a feeling some places I may go won’t have 93 available.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s not a bad price at all assuming you get 20+ hp gain to the wheels. My question is what happens if you put 87 or 91 octane in the truck AFTER it’s been tuned for 93? Will it damage the engine or will it just run at normal power level from factory?

I only ask because I got a feeling some places I may go won’t have 93 available.
You might get pre-detonation (pinging). The ECU can compensate a bit but can only do so much after the tune is installed. 93 gives the biggest safety margin against knock.

My Ram has a 91 octane tune for this reason. I was afraid of running into a situation where I could not get 93. Sure, being tuned for 93 gives the best power increase but your kinda screwed if you need fuel and can't find 93.

I'd get the FRPP tune mainly for the torque increase.

Sponsored

ItsAfram

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if this tune is available/with while in CO?
We don’t have 93 readily available due to the altitude. Just wondering if this would be a waste of $ up here..

EDIT* just noticed it says 91 or better

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You might get pre-detonation (pinging). The ECU can compensate a bit but can only do so much after the tune is installed. 93 gives the biggest safety margin against knock.

My Ram has a 91 octane tune for this reason. I was afraid of running into a situation where I could not get 93. Sure, being tuned for 93 gives the best power increase but your kinda screwed if you need fuel and can't find 93.

I'd get the FRPP tune mainly for the torque increase.
I plan on going with the 2.7L option so a tune is just a thought at the moment. I definitely wouldn’t need it but for sub-$1k pricing, why the hell not haha. If I do tune, it’ll be 91 though. Thanks for the input.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool, just clicked the link and the performance package comes with a scanner/datalogger. It also will allow you to install updates. That was actually a question I had as to when updates are pushed how does the performance flash handle those.

I am assuming the tuner will be vin locked to the vehicle?
Yep, it will be locked to the VIN. I have had a few tuners (Diablosport and SCT) and while they advertise that you can tune multiple vehicles (I think Diablosport says 5?), only one vehicle at a time can be tuned. To use it on another vehicle, the tuner must be unmarried (vehicle returned to stock tune) before you can use it on another.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm likely 2.3 all the way, in a 2D...
Tune definitely!! But not a 91 or 93 octane tune...
May only be 87 octane dish water available way out in the remote areas...
Unless I can get a select-a-tune like I had with Trifecta

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it will be locked to the VIN. I have had a few tuners (Diablosport and SCT) and while they advertise that you can tune multiple vehicles (I think Diablosport says 5?), only one vehicle at a time can be tuned. To use it on another vehicle, the tuner must be unmarried (vehicle returned to stock tune) before you can use it on another.
Cool. I run a Tweecer RT in my 94 Mustang with a innovate wb and eec analyzer to assist in the datalog crunching. Nice to know that with the price you also get some hardware.
Sponsored