DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your experience with the 2.7 is why I'm okay with the 2.3. I've read good things on it and hopefully bolt ons and a tune can get me around the mid 300 wheel hp mark and I think that could be a reliable mark to hit and make a fun driving truck at the same time.
I‘m going 2.3 for the manual and have been heavily researching 2.3 mods, Mustang, Ranger, Focus, etc.There are some serious 500 whp builds but tune only should easily give us another 50 hp and even more torque. Add some bolt ons,E30 or E50, tune and no doubt 350 whp and 400wtq will be attainable which is what my E85 STi has. even though well Over 1000 pounds more, the Bronco should be very fun at that power level.
Sponsored

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove the ranger in 2.3 and an f-150 in 2.7 and I want the manual... so will put the extra auto/2.7 money into options/packages.
But.... that 2.7 was nice. Very nice. I almost feel like I’ll have to do a tune on the 2.3, though it wasn’t bad. Hope Ford comes out with one quickly so I can stay under warranty.

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So if the AT shifts gears or hunts gears for efficiency sake, can these parameters be changed with a tune?

Or is this what the drive modes do anyway? And if so, what to do when I hear some people complain about normal mode, only to say track mode feels a little to tight?

Then again if a tune opens more power at any given RPM, I think this would automatically change the shift parameters. More power means the engine at a given rpm, would feel less need to hunt gears.

These are just my thought clicks, I really have no idea.

Last edited:

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, turned 40 last weekend and you're already calling me a dinosaur????

I drive this beast as frequently as possible. 3 on the tree with a non-synchronized 1st gear never felt so good!

Dropped 4.jpg

turn signal and shift knob.jpg

The question on everyone's mind is "Will a new Miller fit in the back of a 2-door without folding the seats down?" (Oh, and there is a 3" lip in the trunk of a 1951 Fleetline Aerosedan.
The answer is yes!
New welder.jpg
That is a sweet beast
Sponsored