Is this how the Bronco with the 2.3 EcoBoost will be oil changed? This is a Ford Ranger, however, its the same engine found on the Bronco as well.
What about using an oil pump to pull the old oil out so that you dont have to go underneath to drain the oil?Having done 3 oil changes on a 2019 Ranger, i'll just chime in that the guy in the video must be TRYING to have that be more difficult than necessary.
Even my GF changed the oil in the Ranger in under 10 minutes, and it was the first time she ever changed oil. And yes, she missed the collection pan entirely and drained 5 quarts of oil on her garage floor and was upset with herself. Live and learn!
- You can do a full oil change on the Ranger in under 10 minutes, including beer breaks during drain and fill.
- You don't need to remove the shield under the truck to drain the pan.
- He has the wrong type of oil filter wrench for the job, those metal hoop-wrenches are garbage, ESPECIALLY at a 90 degree angle
- A proper rubber strap wrench would have had that filter off in 3 seconds
- Replacing the plastic trim screw type clips with push clips will also save time/frustration
A petcock valve would be easier. Fumoto has a valve for just such a thing. Personally I wouldn't run one of these because it introduces so many failure modes to a system.What about using an oil pump to pull the old oil out so that you dont have to go underneath to drain the oil?