Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this video is pointless at this point. The Bronco if I'm not mistaken is based on the new upcoming Ranger chassis and not the current Ranger chassis. The current Ranger is an older generation first produced for foreign markets.

Based on the pics I've seen of the New Bronco, the skid plates and fender liners are completely different than the current Ranger. Ford can easily change the oil filter mount and turn it 90 deg. for easier access.

We will just have to wait and see.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My oil will be changed by the dealer. Every time.

Because if they're anything like Toyota, the local dealers will all continue to send me coupons for years making it cheaper than I could do it for myself. Plus, free coffee and I can walk around looking at new cars the whole time.
Change look to test drive and that's me, plus my sister took up half the garage with her junk anyway, so I don't have the room to DIY

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can’t be any more of a pain than a gen2 raptor

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6qts seems like a lot of oil for a 2.3L. My 3.3L V6 Nissan engine only takes 3.3L with filter change and the filter is in such a good spot.

Sponsored

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Checked this on a 2.3 BL 7MT at our dealer viewing last week. I wish Ford had a better solution considering this is a small inline 4 under a big hood, but there are worse out there (like the PITA skid plate blocking the cartridge filter on Tundras).

General config is the same as the Ranger. The good news is you shouldn’t need to pull any skid plates and maybe not even the snap-in wheel well panel. The bad news is that it’s a long ass reach to get your arm or a wrench to the filter, and in the Bronco the brake lines and beefy steering linkage look more in the way than with the Ranger. I think it’ll be tough to get leverage on it. Reminds me of squeezing between the manifold, shock tower, and a shitload of hoses to get to the side mounted filter on my dear departed 2JZ Lexus IS. Turning the wheel to the right should improve access and the Bronco has oil drainage channels to help keep the front axle/steering box clean. But tough to say how easy it will be to fish out that filter without upending it and spilling somewhere you don’t want to:

Ford Bronco 2.3 EcoBoost Oil Change DCB4C885-8687-41C2-A3AC-B075602B1CCB

Ford Bronco 2.3 EcoBoost Oil Change 515635DE-E3B3-444B-84C4-9D634BC6D5B2

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The F150 with the 2.7 litre is a lot easier to change, oil filter cartridge on top - easy and no mess but 3 0 rings so Ford really being certain no leaks - my GTI has the same top filter filter set up with just 2 0 rings. Same for the oil sump, plastic like my GTI and a twist and turn oil sump drain plug - easy peasy. Plastic is a bit worrying but is heavily webbed and strong plus skid plate protected. Anything to save weight and better fuel economy for the CAFE standards.
No mess as oil rockets out of the pan 🤣

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

with this much hating, why is anyone considering buying one of these broncos?... it seems like in damn near every post, someone is complaining about some aspect of this truck. why is anyone spending their hard earned money for such disappointment?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with this much hating, why is anyone considering buying one of these broncos?... it seems like in damn near every post, someone is complaining about some aspect of this truck. why is anyone spending their hard earned money for such disappointment?
I wonder if anyone cancelled their order after reading your post.

Don’t forget those damn cup holders too!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Easy solution is the 2.7!

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if anyone cancelled their order after reading your post.

Don’t forget those damn cup holders too!
cup holders are a problem too? now i'm done... (sarcasm font)

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Easy solution is the 2.7!
i was not specifically referencing this post.. there are roof problems and i was just informed of cup holder problems. how could anyone purchase such an inherently flawed vehicle... next thing we will hear of is production delays.... (sarcasm font) again
Sponsored