• Total voters

Pilot321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want a two door with manual transmission, so the 2.3 is it for me, and I am sure it will be fine. I haven't been as excited for a new vehicle in my lifetime. I can't wait.
Sponsored

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.7 liter.
":devilish:No replacement for displacement"

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I want a two door with manual transmission, so the 2.3 is it for me, and I am sure it will be fine. I haven't been as excited for a new vehicle in my lifetime. I can't wait.
The Ranger with it's 2.3 is a hoot to drive. Gobs of torque along the power band, revs easily enough, passing power, peppy.

Having driven a 2019 ranger a few thousand miles now, the only thing that lets it down is the 10-speed transmission. Very excited to order my Bronco with 2.3 and manual transmission. Except for the dual injection,I have no interest in the 2.7, especially for what I believe will end up being a $3,500 option (engine and trans). I couldn't even feel a 4,500 lb load behind the Ranger, enough torque and capable chassis to handle it no problem.

The 2.3 should happily power Bronco every day of the week, and twice as far on Sundays.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST, 2013 Jeep JKU, 1979 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ranger with it's 2.3 is a hoot to drive. Gobs of torque along the power band, revs easily enough, passing power, peppy.

Having driven a 2019 ranger a few thousand miles now, the only thing that lets it down is the 10-speed transmission. Very excited to order my Bronco with 2.3 and manual transmission. Except for the dual injection,I have no interest in the 2.7, especially for what I believe will end up being a $3,500 option (engine and trans). I couldn't even feel a 4,500 lb load behind the Ranger, enough torque and capable chassis to handle it no problem.

The 2.3 should happily power Bronco every day of the week, and twice as far on Sundays.
I'm like you and I have no doubt the 2.3L can power any trim of this awesome beast. I just find it slightly hard to stomach dropping 50k on a performance vehicle with a 4 cylinder. I have to have the manual because I enjoy driving them. I think Ford thought a lot about their enthusiasts here but just missed putting the final nail in Jeep's coffin by not making the manual available across the line.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3L because I want a manual

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm like you and I have no doubt the 2.3L can power any trim of this awesome beast. I just find it slightly hard to stomach dropping 50k on a performance vehicle with a 4 cylinder. I have to have the manual because I enjoy driving them. I think Ford thought a lot about their enthusiasts here but just missed putting the final nail in Jeep's coffin by not making the manual available across the line.
I daily-drove a Mitsubishi Evo 9 for half a decade that put down over 500 all-wheel hp and semi-slicks for over half the year (around Seattle, where it still rains 9 months a year (down from 10, thanks global climate change!)). That was with a 2.0 ltr 4-cylinder motor. It was fast enough for short tracks and spirited highway sprints over 150 mph (allegedly, according to a speeding ticket that was thrown out).

The cylinder count will not matter with the ecoboost turbo charged setup Ford is using. Especially with the torque curve in this thing. No, you won't have terrific 60-120 or 0-120-0 times. But then again, i'm not entirely convinced that the Bronco is intended as a race car.... Mustang seems to do quite well with the "car configuration" 2.3 though!

Personally, I just think that manufacturers have gotten lazy when it comes to making manual transmissions. They have to have buttery-smooth engagement and notchless shifting in every gear in every situation, and weighted flywheels that can't take much slip to suit customer preference (which is to feel nothing and do as little as humanly possible). And making them that smooth removes their ability to handle torque. So if their budget for each manual was, lets say, $800 per unit, they can make one with all the "customer preferred" feeling, but can't handle torque at that price point. If they would simply make manuals which could handle the same torque as the larger motors are putting out, and up-charge the customer i'd be down for it.... But then again, why not just charge people an extra $1,000 so they can drive while playing candy crush or forgetting why they are in the passing lane until 40' before the exit, that makes up 90% of current sales and you make a TON more money off that $1K auto than on an up-charge manual.... Tough call, that level of candy crush was super fun!

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
voted 2.7 but I'm still undecided.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Torque, Torque, and Torque. It's how you get things done.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Torque, Torque, and Torque. It's how you get things done.
Well, it's the real torque that matters... gear multiplied... and put to the ground.

It's funny, I'd managed to avoid bitterness for what, two weeks now? Now suddenly, I'm feeling bitter that I can't get the 2.7 with a MT. Don't even ask how I've been able to stave this off for so long.

To me, this is a much bigger issue than the Sasquatch is only on the auto.

If you'll excuse me, I think I'll go cry now.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, it's the real torque that matters... gear multiplied... and put to the ground.

It's funny, I'd managed to avoid bitterness for what, two weeks now? Now suddenly, I'm feeling bitter that I can't get the 2.7 with a MT. Don't even ask how I've been able to stave this off for so long.

To me, this is a much bigger issue than the Sasquatch is only on the auto.

If you'll excuse me, I think I'll go cry now.
Which is where the Sasquatch comes in with the 4.7 final drive. I've shifted all my life so Auto is not an issue for me.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 because manual. It’s the wife’s rig and she wants the manual. I’d settle for the 10-speed because I think it’s a great transmission.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which is where the Sasquatch comes in with the 4.7 final drive. I've shifted all my life so Auto is not an issue for me.
Well, all MT Badlands have the 4.7 ratio as well... Along with the crawl gear. Torque is not going to be a problem in crawling for either of these combinations.
Sponsored