Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7 for me. While only 10% hp increase, its a 33% torque increase. of all the gadgets and options to spend/save money on, the engine is not where I’m choosing to pinch pennies.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a poll. What engine will you be getting on your new Bronco? The 2.3 or 2.7?

Also, list reasons why you are getting the engine that you chose.
This is a case where bigger really is better. Nothing is more annoying than being under powered. This may also be the last gasoline powered car I buy, so want something with a little oomph for the future.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been saying all along I would probably go for the 2.7. But dang it, I've beginning to think I really want a manual. I miss changing the gears since I sold my S197 Mustang GT. Oh good Lord, I wonder if I'll ever make up my mind. Maybe when the time comes that I have to make up my mind the pressure will push to the right choice. :)

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Prior to the release of the Bronco, I was planning to buy a 2021 Raptor. I love my F150 3.5EB, but thought the Raptor would be a beast.
Once the Bronco appeared, feel in love with the design of the 2 door. Began searching for knowledge regarding the 2 door Bronco 2.7 versus Raptor 3.5.
Found a guy who owns a 2019 Raptor and has spent hours behind the wheel of a 2 door 2021 Bronco 2.7!
He is planning to "trade up" from his Raptor to the 2 door Bronco with the 2.7. Says the 2 door Bronco with the 2.7 is amazing! I might add, he was also impressed by the 2.3.

Bottom line, you can not go wrong buying a Bronco with either engine!

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you buy the smaller motor and you are asking it to move the bigger 4 door Bronco, it is going to have to work harder and will be in the boost more often than the 2.7 will have to be. The 2.7 can move the same vehicle with much less effort. Do not be surprised if the 2.7 is equal to within 1-2 mpg of the 2.3l. You can quote me on that.

Can't argue with you there. My 2011 F-150 SCREW had a 3.7L. My 2013 SCREW had the 5.0L. The 5.0L actually got better mpgs all around. It was a strain on that 3.7 to get that big Crew Cab going, and in a head wind.....forget it. 17 mpgs with that 3.7 in a strong wind on a flat road.

borgnineamc

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.3 and MT. 270hp is more than plenty for my needs. Having had a couple of CJs and a '79 Wagoneer, with about half that rating and no power concerns, I am sure this will feel like a rocket.

ndumlao72

Base
First Name
Nestor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma & 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.3 and MT. 270hp is more than plenty for my needs. Having had a couple of CJs and a '79 Wagoneer, with about half that rating and no power concerns, I am sure this will feel like a rocket.
I agree plus driving SUVs and trucks fast can ruin lives not just egos, trust me I’m an ER RN +23yrs and seen the results of many motor vehicle accidents speeding in higher centered truck/SUVs

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7 because I am going with the 4 door. considering the extra vehicle weight I feel that the 2.7 v6 pairs better with the 4 door.

Overall want smooth performance and zippy acceleration on the hwy.

Rmck49

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a poll. What engine will you be getting on your new Bronco? The 2.3 or 2.7?

Also, list reasons why you are getting the engine that you chose.
It really depends on the price that fits my budget.

BigCatKale

Everglades
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My last 2 vehicles have been EcoBoosts. I had the 2.7L in my 2017 Ford Fusion Sport and now the 3.5L in my 2018 F-150. Love them both. Not gonna lie, that 2.7L moved that Fusion just fine, even before a tune and 93 octane.

I plan to go 4-door and I imagine that extra energy from the 2.7L will be handy as this will also cross as my DD commuter (short highway trips), so the extra muscle to merge of a morning will be appreciated for my purposes. I would not hesitate to go to a 2.3L to get the manual if my use-case were different, frankly.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a two door but I’m still deciding on whether to get it with manual or getting the 2.7 with the automatic. I’m concerned the 2.3 will feel under powered with either transmission

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2.7L all day. My username should say why lol
Sponsored