Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Adding to the the videos of the noise.
I’ve previously owned a Base and now my current Badlands, they both made identical sounds to this on cold starts. It goes away after getting up to temp, winter is six months of the year in Manitoba so this noise is heard almost everyday for 8 months. I figured it was the TOB since the noise silenced while clutching. It never got better nor worse and until there is a TSB, there ain’t much to do about it
Sponsored

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a blend date of 11/16 and was told on the 28th that it was a chip hold but I’m thinking it must be the trans issue. Hopefully!

fip36

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we have any guess how many of these are affected ? Surely not all of them or this thread would be a lot bigger.
Well, you can add my name to the list. Took delivery for Thanksgiving and just shy of 500 miles the chatter kicked in.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone had the noise go away on its own, I have about 2000KM on the Bronco after starting to hear the noise. seeing as a few people have had tranny replacements without luck, meaning the new ones started making noise again. I think I am going to hold off on pushing for a new tranny. The dealer today however offered to buy back the bronco but of course that would be a small loss to me (6grand)
I am torn, take the money and the loss and vow to never buy a ford again or ride it out until maybe they find a fix.
I am also tired of people in parking lots flagging me down to let me know my vehicle is making a grinding noise... Brand new vehicle and not cheap and I am putting up with this
Betting lots of people would buy your bronco at $6000 loss.

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Betting lots of people would buy your bronco at $6000 loss.
I would wait it out. It's not mechanical or preventing you from using your vehicle. No one has complained of performance issues with the noise. Keep in mind this is the first large round of 7MTs. The risk and reward of being an early owner. Pretty typical of any major remodel for many manufactures. There will be some issues. We just need to keep up visibility here and wait for official fix. It's clear it seems to be fairly common so they can't ignore it for long or they are gunna be replacing tranny's all over the place with no resolution. Lots of these 7MTs were built in the fall so this issue is just coming to light. Good luck. I'm gunna wait and keep enjoying my bronco.

fip36

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New member here, i can be added to the list too. Picked up my Badlands on Friday, drove 85 miles home from the dealer no issues. Started it up this morning and the loud grinding noise was there, depress the clutch and it disappears. I have 102 miles on it. Hopefully Ford figures this out sooner rather than later.
102 miles? Damn. You beat me by over 300 miles. I thought 467 was rather young. Where in Jersey? I park my Badlands here in Jersey City.

NJ Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco XLT 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
102 miles? Damn. You beat me by over 300 miles. I thought 467 was rather young. Where in Jersey? I park my Badlands here in Jersey City.
Your pretty close by, right up 7 to North Arlington.
Mine was quiet for 2 days after I bought it, then it started. Good thing so far is when it warms up its quiet for now.

Sponsored

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not that this is a competition, or one that I want to win, mine did it they day after pickup from the dealer, probably had 60 miles on the thing. Seems to need to be below 40F

Considering the 7MT is less than 20-30% of orders I think based on the responses here seems reasonably significant.

Can we create a poll see who's complaining of the noise vs. build week? Seems like a lot of recent builds?

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is an Nov 21 build date and I have the noise. Been there awhile. But really started to notice it after I started reading this thread and the temp dropped.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not that this is a competition, or one that I want to win, mine did it they day after pickup from the dealer, probably had 60 miles on the thing. Seems to need to be below 40F

Considering the 7MT is less than 20-30% of orders I think based on the responses here seems reasonably significant.

Can we create a poll see who's complaining of the noise vs. build week? Seems like a lot of recent builds?
Mine was basically the first day or so also.

Build week of Oct 17th

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blend date of 11/22/21 for me, noise within the first month or so. No longer goes away when it’s warmed up.

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Build date was august for mine
Sponsored