First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram SRT10, freestyle, Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drove to get everything up to temp and the chattering is still the same while in 1st and 2nd, once I get up to speed in 3rd its harder to hear because of road noise.
Sponsored

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2 Door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New member here, i can be added to the list too. Picked up my Badlands on Friday, drove 85 miles home from the dealer no issues. Started it up this morning and the loud grinding noise was there, depress the clutch and it disappears. I have 102 miles on it. Hopefully Ford figures this out sooner rather than later.
Agreed,
Drove to get everything up to temp and the chattering is still the same while in 1st and 2nd, once I get up to speed in 3rd its harder to hear because of road noise.
Exact same problem with me. Iā€™m taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say. This is disappointing from Ford.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The list keeps growing, however FORD keeps ignoring us .. Not acceptable!

Mserjohnb132

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add my Bronco to this list. Took delivery in June ā€˜22 and have a little over 6k miles. Started hearing some sort of grinding noise a couple of weeks ago.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The list keeps growing, however FORD keeps ignoring us .. Not acceptable!
You can add me to the lost as well. The noise I hear is more of a chirping/squeaking noise than a grind. It is definitely more pronounced on a cold start.

Sponsored

MarkerInbound

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, Tesla, Subaru, Dodge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should probably be added as well. 500 miles on a 2022 BL.Sas. Iā€™m curious what is making the strange vibrating/scraping sound at idle. Hopefully something will just break or fall off and then the mystery will be solved. Itā€™s not a very quiet vehicle in general so I will just tolerate it for now.

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should probably be added as well. 500 miles on a 2022 BL.Sas. Iā€™m curious what is making the strange vibrating/scraping sound at idle. Hopefully something will just break or fall off and then the mystery will be solved. Itā€™s not a very quiet vehicle in general so I will just tolerate it for now.
From what i was reading yesterday it might be an Input shaft bearing since it that's the main bearing in rotation when the vehicle is stationary, on neutral and with the clutch engaged. The transmission will have to be either overhauled or replaced to see if that's the problem. I talked to Ford today and i told them about it. I had an appointment at 1pm but i didn't go. Told them that I'm going to drive the truck around a bit more and see if it gets any worse. I might be insufficient transmission fluid, not the right viscosity or just faulty bearing in my opinion. I'll leave a link to a transmission video from YouTube below about transmission noises so you all can see. Ford told me that I can bring the truck in at any time and to let them know if it gets any worse. It seems like a waste of time to take my Bronco in at 300 for a transmission replacement when the Ford hasn't even released a TSB.

(2) Noises associated with manual tranmissions - YouTube

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram SRT10, freestyle, Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
When sitting in nuetral whether it be at a light or parking spot, 50% of the time when I have my foot on the break and push the clutch pedal and move the shifter over to 1st gear it bangs/thumps as I go to place it in gear. This is while it is still in the nuetral postion and the clutch is disengaged.
Im taking it in first thing Thursday morning the dealer I purchased it from is 4 miles from me.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noticed my trans was making noise this morning after cold start. Goes away after it's warmed up. My Bronco currently has 871 miles on the clock. It is colder in AZ(cold?) now.
If it's just a noise, it's not a bother. I'll monitor it for now, since sounds like FoMoCo doesnt have a solid fix yet. If it's a problem at all.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When sitting in nuetral whether it be at a light or parking spot, 50% of the time when I have my foot on the break and push the clutch pedal and move the shifter over to 1st gear it bangs/thumps as I go to place it in gear. This is while it is still in the nuetral postion and the clutch is disengaged.
Im taking it in first thing Thursday morning the dealer I purchased it from is 4 miles from me.
Mine has done this also since new. This is my 1st rwd manual so I thought maybe it was normal, kinda like when you put a motorcycle into gear.

Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting mine back from dealer tomorrow. Ford told them to drain fluid and check for metal shavings. Replace fluid and run diagnostic. everything came back normal according to Ford. So picking it up tomorrow and will continue driving it until it gets worse or Ford comes out with a TSB. Or something breaks.

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting mine back from dealer tomorrow. Ford told them to drain fluid and check for metal shavings. Replace fluid and run diagnostic. everything came back normal according to Ford. So picking it up tomorrow and will continue driving it until it gets worse or Ford comes out with a TSB. Or something breaks.
let us know how she drives Hopefully it fixes that noise and you donā€™t have to worry about it again.
How many miles did you drive before you took it in for a check? How long did they take?

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
let us know how she drives Hopefully it fixes that noise and you donā€™t have to worry about it again.
How many miles did you drive before you took it in for a check? How long did they take?
I will for sure. Its been going on for awhile. I have 7400 on it. Thought it was normal until started reading the threads. Also its been getting colder so the noise has been a little more apparent.

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will for sure. Its been going on for awhile. I have 7400 on it. Thought it was normal until started reading the threads. Also its been getting colder so the noise has been a little more apparent.
copy that, thanks for posting on this thread. I hope everything goes well and that you can keep enjoying your Bronco.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
copy that, thanks for posting on this thread. I hope everything goes well and that you can keep enjoying your Bronco.
Same. Also it was there a week but the technicians were sick and got back today. So basically it only took them a day to run the tests etc. I'll have more info on what they said the noise was tomorrow. They told me but I can't remember.
Sponsored