First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford offered a small displacement, i.e., 4.0L V8, I'd buy two, one in red and one in blue.
Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the turbo has the "Bronco bolts" on it telling the customer it's supposed to be modified. :unsure:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think thevlast MY of the 6G will have a mini godzilla v8 that they are building. The 7G Bronco will on have an optional hybid for range and probably be electric based on how much hummer biffs it.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol...Jokes aside, Iā€™m grateful that there are already upgrades for the Broncoā€™s 2.3. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be going that route since I donā€™t feel like running premium gas all the time, but who knows how Iā€™ll feel down the road.

For now 270 hp and 310lbs of TQ, coupled with the the crawl gear should be all I need for my plans.

Itā€™s also worth mentioning that after 20 years of marriage my wife has dealt with the size of my manhood for long enough that the sound of a V8 will likely do nothing to distract from my short comingsšŸ˜©.
Hold up.

"I don't feel like running premium gas all the time"?

Then you quote the figures for the V6 on premium gas. Running 89 or *barf* 87 is one of those "just because you can doesn't mean you should" scenarios and you will be making less than those spec'd numbers. In all likelihood considerably less.

Deleted member 13702

Hold up.

"I don't feel like running premium gas all the time"?

Then you quote the figures for the V6 on premium gas. Running 89 or *barf* 87 is one of those "just because you can doesn't mean you should" scenarios and you will be making less than those spec'd numbers. In all likelihood considerably less.
Check again, those are the numbers for the 4 cylinder. Also check again, I said I donā€™t feel like running premium gas all the time, meaning when I want them ponies, Iā€™ll pony up...see what I did there. Anyway, thanks for trolling šŸ™„

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check again, those are the numbers for the 4 cylinder. Also check again, I said I donā€™t feel like running premium gas all the time, meaning when I want them ponies, Iā€™ll pony up...see what I did there. Anyway, thanks for trolling šŸ™„
Eh. Logic still stands with the 4 or 6. I don't think I'll ever understand spending $30k-60k on a new ride and then cheaping out on the operating expenses.

Deleted member 13702

Eh. Logic still stands with the 4 or 6. I don't think I'll ever understand spending $30k-60k on a new ride and then cheaping out on the operating expenses.
93 octane gas or higher is needed in high compression engines.

Turbos used to require high octane fuel to prevent engine knock, which was caused when the fuel would explode prior to being ignited due to high pressure and high temperatures. This would lead to the premature death of the engine.

Modern turbos have computer-controlled pressure-relief valves and direct injection. This negates the requirement of high octane gas. Now the only advantage of high octane gas in a turbo is to maximize horse power.

If the manufacture says you can run 87, then thatā€™s what you can run. For me, if I need more power then it will make sense to run premium fuel when I need it.

Anyway, feel free to run what you want.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: abe