Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure who
WOW. I am secure in my manhood driving a solid strong designed 4 cyl. I have had many a v8 and do love the rumble and power. from mustangs to old v8 broncos, scat pack chargers. I was trying to provide some info for those debating on if the 2.3L has enough to move the Bronco and as a 2019 Ranger owner first hand experience. Will admit 5.0 L in the Ranger would be wicked but......
Not sure who you're referring to specifically. Feel free to use the reply function to speak to somebody's comment specifically. I'm pretty excited to have put down some cash on a car with 1.0 ltr and less than 60 hp (when new), it will be an interesting contrast to the 7.0 ltr FE in my Thunderbird.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's about simplicity. I was a claims adjuster for extended warranty claims and I'd rather have a NA V8. No dick, small or large, necessary.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the solution to the V8 problem. We just do it like they did in the 60s. Put another 4 cyl in the bed or trunk area. Then it has 540 HP 620 TQ! Thats better than a 514 crate BBF!

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

lol...Jokes aside, Iā€™m grateful that there are already upgrades for the Broncoā€™s 2.3. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be going that route since I donā€™t feel like running premium gas all the time, but who knows how Iā€™ll feel down the road.

For now 270 hp and 310lbs of TQ, coupled with the the crawl gear should be all I need for my plans.

Itā€™s also worth mentioning that after 20 years of marriage my wife has dealt with the size of my manhood for long enough that the sound of a V8 will likely do nothing to distract from my short comingsšŸ˜©.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Draykas

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol...Jokes aside, Iā€™m grateful that there are already upgrades for the Broncoā€™s 2.3. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be going that route since I donā€™t feel like running premium gas all the time, but who knows how Iā€™ll feel down the road.

For now 270 hp and 310lbs of TQ, coupled with the the crawl gear should be all I need for my plans.

Itā€™s also worth mentioning that after 20 years of marriage my wife has dealt with the size of my manhood for long enough that sound of a V8 will likely do nothing to distract from my short comingsšŸ˜©.
Amen, Just a note I have not done any tune on the Ranger and it has plenty!!! of power running 87 octane in stock form and will surprise you. This was after selling scat pack charger with 6.4L Hemi to drive it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m building one!

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m building one!
Now that my Silverado is out of warranty (not that the warranty did me any good, mind you), Iā€™m wondering how big a project/expense itā€™d be to cam it. My Borla exhaust is pretty tame.

Sponsored

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have yet to drive a 2.3 ranger but with a tune, some simple bolt ons, I will trust the 2.3 and 300+HP/TQ will surely be healthy in this size rig

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question of HP/TQ has nothing to do with I4, I6, V6, twin turbo or any variation. Bottom line, a V8 is still a V8. More displacement, more possibilities and the just basic awe factor of popping the hood and seeing 4 cylinders running down both sides of the engine compartment.

Jeep realized this and is bringing back the V8 Wrangler (for a small fee) and just now, even Land Rover announced that they are bringing a V8 to the US in the new Defender, obviously both companies trying to position themselves in the market before the Bronco is released to the public.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/land-rover-defender-v8

If Ford wants to promote its heritage, they most likely wont have much choice but to release a V8 version within the next 1-2 years.

Last edited:

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My girlfriend is under the impression that the Bronco (I got the 2.3) will mean no more modifications like my WRX. She may be mistaken
Sponsored