Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let us know if it does. Mine has been doing it more often as well. Pretty frustrating.
Maybe a switch from winter blend to summer blend? Mine did it early, then about a year later, but hasn’t since then. It’s got to be computer/sensor related.

Ford Bronco 2.3L 7MT — lurching/stuttering in low gears between 2-3k RPM 1685016776981
Sponsored

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My stutter came back when it got warm outside....that or I'm not letting the vehicle warm up now as it's ...warmer outside... however it's definitely related...

It was absolutely gone all winter.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine has bucked for three straight days now. Each time after it sat for an hour or two after being completely up to operating temp. Each time in second gear.
I already planned to do the Ford Performance tune so hopefully that will take care of the issue.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe a switch from winter blend to summer blend? Mine did it early, then about a year later, but hasn’t since then. It’s got to be computer/sensor related.

Ford Bronco 2.3L 7MT — lurching/stuttering in low gears between 2-3k RPM 1685016776981
That’s something I haven’t thought about. How do I know what my BP is running? I guess if I’m one of the only morons around here running 93 - then, perhaps that tank will run out soon. What is that mail showing?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s something I haven’t thought about. How do I know what my BP is running? I guess if I’m one of the only morons around here running 93 - then, perhaps that tank will run out soon. What is that mail showing?

The map just shows all the different requirements for gas vapor pressure. People think gas is gas, especially with the same brand of stations, but gas varies quite a bit in many areas of the country, and is blended different for summer and winter. Gas just one town over may be blended to a different spec, even at the same brand gas station.

My guess is some of the bucking is due to getting different blends and it's trying to relearn based on the various sensors. Or it's just glitchy like many other Ford issues, but it's my guess.

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to me for the first time last week at just under 12k miles. Drove the bronco all day, had it parked for an hour or two and it happened going from first to second gear.

Just adding to this 12 page thread.

F1ATX

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve definitely experienced this in my ‘22 MT BL. Second gear lurching and now I know to quickly get out of gear and go higher and it goes away.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happened to me for the first time last week at just under 12k miles. Drove the bronco all day, had it parked for an hour or two and it happened going from first to second gear.

Just adding to this 12 page thread.
Good morning- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anything come of this?
I'm sure a local Ford division service manager has the whole team working on it! From what we've seen here, the Ford user is on these problems faster than a scolded cat!

giphy.gif

They do great work on these digital pages as they have ownership of the content.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anything come of this?
They reached out just today to try and schedule me to go into the service department but questioned why I haven't been in in over a year 🤣.

My service department is horrible so I've been doing the oil and fluids myself and only wish to want to go in for serious maintenance.

They are supposed to reach out to me Thursday but I don't have any faith in the clowns being able to replicate the problem to be honest. it happened once at 12k miles and hasn't happened again.

I'll update if I decide to go in but I've chopped the shit out of the bronco so I'm sure they will point the blame elsewhere

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do wonder if there could be any correlation to using Forscan. I added sport mode to my badlands and am always in that mode.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do wonder if there could be any correlation to using Forscan. I added sport mode to my badlands and am always in that mode.
Doubtful.

I honestly think it’s the changes in winter/summer fuel/temps. I have a feeling @kodiakisland is into something. I only run 93 since the first fill up and it started happening again at the cusp of weather change and hasn’t happened again in a few weeks. I’ll report back if it happens again this summer.
Sponsored