First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last year I had just the standard package on my order. But thanks to the delays I was able to save up more than I expected so I switched to the Mid package.

Truthfully, I'm not sure if the Mid package is a good use of money, part of me wants to switch back to standard package. Intelligent Access is super nice--not having to fumble around in your pocket for a key fob in the winter when you're wearing gloves is awesome. And I could see myself using the rear power outlet from time to time.

But beyond that... meh... I can do without. Dual zone climate control I don't care about, the Navigation stuff I don't care about, and a lot of the Co-Pilot 360 stuff becomes super annoying in the snow or on roads that aren't well-maintained. I don't even really like heated seats all that much--although admittedly I've only ever owned vehicles with cloth seats, and I never sat in the vinyl seats on a cold day (I've heard leather and vinyl can be brutal in the winter).

Honestly the thing that tipped me over the edge towards the Mid package was compatibility with the FordPass Performance App. On the off-chance that Ford releases a really cool application, I didn't want to be stuck with the standard package that isn't compatible with the app.
The standard package is also compatible with fordpass app. Even the cheapest base model possible still has fordpass connect compatible with the fordpass app
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The standard package is also compatible with fordpass app. Even the cheapest base model possible still has fordpass connect compatible with the fordpass app
The standard FordPass app, yes, but not the yet-to-be-released FordPass Performance App.

Truthfully we don’t even know if the new app will be good or not, and chances are it’ll not be as good as Gaia or onX. But I was already on the fence about the Mid package and that app (in addition to the extra money I was able to save) was enough to push me over.

Ford Bronco 2.3L Bronco 7 Speed Manual Review with 35″ MT Mud Terrain Tires Open 11-1-21 2022 Bronco Order Guide

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, a lot of you had questions about how the 2.3 Manual did with 35's installed. So I made a detailed video review. Hope this answers all the questions.

Gggggrrrrreat Video!!!
I too hate the AssHats who drive around under the limit of speed and then floor it when Normal People go around them; Great Minds Think Alike!!!
Keep up the great work!!!

Gator87

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The standard FordPass app, yes, but not the yet-to-be-released FordPass Performance App.

Truthfully we don’t even know if the new app will be good or not, and chances are it’ll not be as good as Gaia or onX. But I was already on the fence about the Mid package and that app (in addition to the extra money I was able to save) was enough to push me over.

Ford Bronco 2.3L Bronco 7 Speed Manual Review with 35″ MT Mud Terrain Tires Open 11-1-21 2022 Bronco Order Guide
Ahhhh ok cool did not even know about a new app coming. I had to go with standard package, I have a 21 f150 now with high package and man does it get on my nerves lol It’s always beeping at you about something and soooo many things I’ll never use!

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video as usual. Hopefully getting my non-SAS badlands in a few weeks. Did you put the rough country 1" leveling lift on? Would you still do that again? I want to do the same thing, except I'd like to powder coat my stock wheels and put 35's on them. I'm curious how the badlands suspension has been performing for you with the 1". I've watched all your vids. When can I bring my family up north to harvest some trees!?

Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't want start my own thread. But how on earth is it you Can get the 7spd on a 2dr base model. But NOT get the 7spd on a 4dr base model. This makes zero sense!?

Great video by the way.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, a lot of you had questions about how the 2.3 Manual did with 35's installed. So I made a detailed video review. Hope this answers all the questions.

Good job describing the transmission and its features.

And, is there a setting to turn off those annoying sensors?

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't want start my own thread. But how on earth is it you Can get the 7spd on a 2dr base model. But NOT get the 7spd on a 4dr base model. This makes zero sense!?

Great video by the way.
That's because 2 door is the real Bronco, I don't know what that 4 door thing is?? :cool:

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might be missing something here, but your Bronco is a Badlands. That means it comes with the same 4.7 gears as Sasquatch and should have no issue pushing the 35's since that is what the Sas comes with (really 34's).

I would hope there would be no issue with the manual/35's/4.7's.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be missing something here, but your Bronco is a Badlands. That means it comes with the same 4.7 gears as Sasquatch and should have no issue pushing the 35's since that is what the Sas comes with (really 34's).

I would hope there would be no issue with the manual/35's/4.7's.
Exactly. The big deal here is the 2.3 engine combined with Manual. Some people were thinking they would lose 6th gear.

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. The big deal here is the 2.3 engine combined with Manual. Some people were thinking they would lose 6th gear.
Ok, gotcha. Nice video btw. I appreciate you putting out the content you have thus far. Makes the wait for my manual Badlands a little easier.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did you think about ease of shifting from 4th to 5th gear? One owner was mentioning the 4-5 shift was requiring more effort and concentration to hit the 5th gate, compared to other vehicles he was used to. Meaning the owner had to focus more on pushing the shifter right and up into 5th, against the spring action wanting to keep the shifter in the middle for 3rd gear. Any issue with that?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What wheels are those?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you think about ease of shifting from 4th to 5th gear? One owner was mentioning the 4-5 shift was requiring more effort and concentration to hit the 5th gate, compared to other vehicles he was used to. Meaning the owner had to focus more on pushing the shifter right and up into 5th, against the spring action wanting to keep the shifter in the middle for 3rd gear. Any issue with that?
Thats typically the difference between a fresh box and whatever the other folks are used to which is usually an older car with miles on it and all the crispness of a new car long since gone.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that you say it... I guess I do consiously think about it a little more? If anything I used to think about it more. Now sometimes I forget what gear i'm in adn have to look at the shifter because it's so second nature and smooth.

So I guess Yes,,,,, but you get used to it to the point where it disapears.

What wheels are those?
Fastco Knuckles. Canadian Company. Love them!
Sponsored