First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well once again, you can get the Ford Performance tune for the 2.3 and tuned the 2.3 makes the same torque as a 2.7. 370Ft-lbs
Its 325/400 for the V6.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its 325/400 for the V6.
I realize that I was merely replying to the fellow who wondered if the 2.3 would have enough power, I'm strictly talking about the 2.3 so that you can have a manual, If it's not enough power you can make it have as much power as a stock 2.7. If you want even more though yes the 2.7 would make more

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My issue with the 2.3 is towing...
2 door has no trunk-space, which means moving/adventuring = a trailer

Sponsored

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My issue with the 2.3 is towing...
2 door has no trunk-space, which means moving/adventuring = a trailer
Are you single? If so fold down the seats there's your trunk space. If you have kids and need back seats then you'll have truck space :)

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you single? If so fold down the seats there's your trunk space. If you have kids and need back seats then you'll have truck space :)
Yep!! This was my argument to my wife! She said she liked the 4 door initially but thinks the 2 looks good too. I told her we would be paying $2,500 for 2 more doors that we don’t need. We have dogs, they can jump in the back and we will put down a rubber mat and a bed and fold the seats down and call it good. We don’t need the backseats for anything or anyone, nobody rides in our cars.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep!! This was my argument to my wife! She said she liked the 4 door initially but thinks the 2 looks good too. I told her we would be paying $2,500 for 2 more doors that we don’t need. We have dogs, they can jump in the back and we will put down a rubber mat and a bed and fold the seats down and call it good. We don’t need the backseats for anything or anyone, nobody rides in our cars.
I'm thinking that either the aftermarket or I myself will make a rear seat delete, in the photos I've seen the seats folded flat don't make a flat floor and I'm guessing physically removing the seats will leave a low spot. I figure on something that bolts in in place of the rear seat that continues the trunk floor to make it flat all the way to the back of the front seats and possibly enough room for a cubby underneath where the rear seat bottom would have been.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking that either the aftermarket or I myself will make a rear seat delete, in the photos I've seen the seats folded flat don't make a flat floor and I'm guessing physically removing the seats will leave a low spot. I figure on something that bolts in in place of the rear seat that continues the trunk floor to make it flat all the way to the back of the front seats and possibly enough room for a cubby underneath where the rear seat bottom would have been.
This would not surprise me one bit if aftermarket came up with something.

Sponsored

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone went to grab color samples, of course there were none. Asked if I could drive a 2.3L Ranger and he just gave me the keys and told me to go drive it.

I’ll upload the video but a few things:

Beginning of the video I put modest gas, modest to me is like 30% maybe.

I showed get up and go from speed, you can see the lag. Lag in this setup is about 2-3 seconds. I imagine throttle controllers could help the feel of this aftermarket for $100.

Highway entrance I put maybe 60-70% throttle, it wasn’t floored and you can see once it’s spooled, it goes and goes pretty quick.

All in all not a bad drive, It feels like a 4 cylinder until the turbo kicks in. I have no issues now with picking the 2.3L, it’s got plenty of power. Hopefully this helps some people out. Sorry about the orientation, wasn’t thinking about that while I held the phone.
What size tires were on that thing? Pretty quick, quicker than I thought for stock.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size tires were on that thing? Pretty quick, quicker than I thought for stock.
It was a lariat so I guess 265/60/18 that’s what the internet tells me.

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
While i was pretty much dead set on the 2.3, this really solidifies it for me. Its faster than my n/a 2.0 focus, and thats plenty for me. So i imagine flooring it in the 2 door will feel like a sports car compared to what it usually feels like. Thanks for posting!
Yeah, I think for this vehicle's purpose, the 2.3L will be able to serve all but perhaps the power-hungry.

I must admit, if I was going 4 door/squatch, the 2.7L might be on the table. But, since it was announced a few years ago with the UAW spilling the beans, I have hoped and prayed for a simple base model, 2 door, hard top, manual transmission. I'm perfectly fine with it being a 4 cylinder turbo. Edit: especially one with a pretty decent track record this far.

P.s., I also have a 2.0L Focus, but it's an SVT ('02). It's not slow, but the purpose of the car was clearly driving fun in the twisties with enough power to enjoy it, rather than an attempt to embarrass a V-8 driver. The more recent RS, on the other hand...

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I think for this vehicle's purpose, the 2.3L will be able to serve all but perhaps the power-hungry.

I must admit, if I was going 4 door/squatch, the 2.7L might be on the table. But, since it was announced a few years ago with the UAW spilling the beans, I have hoped and prayed for a simple base model, 2 door, hard top, manual transmission. I'm perfectly fine with it being a 4 cylinder turbo. Edit: especially one with a pretty decent track record this far.

P.s., I also have a 2.0L Focus, but it's an SVT ('02). It's not slow, but the purpose of the car was clearly driving fun in the twisties with enough power to enjoy it, rather than an attempt to embarrass a V-8 driver. The more recent RS, on the other hand...
I think this is the correct attitude to have, people are talking about power like they're expecting the Bronco to be a sports car. Think about its roots and what it's actually designed to do. Hell, with the 2.3 being plenty and the 2.7 being pretty powerful I don't even see why anyone's considering the 3.5 Raptor Bronco. It's going to be ridiculous. Don't get me wrong it'll be fun and I'd buy one if I get afford it but still let's get back to Earth.

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this is the correct attitude to have, people are talking about power like they're expecting the Bronco to be a sports car. Think about its roots and what it's actually designed to do. Hell, with the 2.3 being plenty and the 2.7 being pretty powerful I don't even see why anyone's considering the 3.5 Raptor Bronco. It's going to be ridiculous. Don't get me wrong it'll be fun and I'd buy one if I get afford it but still let's get back to Earth.
Yes! It is supposed to be an off-road capable sport utility (a true sport utility), not a replacement for someone's Mustang GT in terms of on-road performance.

It damn sure doesn't need to be a dog, like my old 2 door Isuzu Trooper 4 cylinder was, but like my SVT Focus, the purpose of the vehicle here is not face-bending acceleration.

I have no issue with the 2.7L guys/gals(?), nor do I mean to belittle their opinions and choices. That's why God gave us individual personalities and Ford gave us several powertrain options. :)
Sponsored