Sponsored

2.3L Exhaust - Let's talk FlowMaster or others!!

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay folks - I've searched and read and watched vids and slept on it. Then I watch another vid or read another thread and my mind is changed entirely OR I decide it's not worth it at all. I continue to think that the 2.3L + 7MT needs a bigger, badder sound...whatever that might mean...

What is the consensus with 2.3L exhaust? I'm leaning toward Flowmaster FlowFX but I then see SOOOO many examples of folks buying FlowFX or American Thunder or others and then not being able to take the drone, etc that they just pull them off and bail out.

I like the sound clips of Flowmaster systems the best but can anyone who has installed one (on 2.3L only, please!) comment as to what they bought and how they like it? If not, FlowMaster then are folks gravitating to other brands? The Ford Perf Parts Borla system seems interesting, too and sounds pretty nice. Any buyers of FPP care to comment?

I know this topic has been beat to death but I can't help think that a lot of what I read is from the brands themselves or just fanbois who don't even run the system...they just talk about it or sell it.

Appreciate any insights the B6G community can offer!!
Sponsored

Buckâ‚©ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can speak from 2.7 perspective - flowmaster outlaw 818120

First time I tried an exhaust mod and found out what drone is on highways.
However, 2nd time was fine.
3rd time didn't care.

You just get used to it

It's perfectly fine in city driving and in love with cold start sound.
It's badass and thus did not remove.

And maybe it's just me, cuz everyone else in my circles thought I was being too picky and obsessive and that the sound was real nice and normal

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay folks - I've searched and read and watched vids and slept on it. Then I watch another vid or read another thread and my mind is changed entirely OR I decide it's not worth it at all. I continue to think that the 2.3L + 7MT needs a bigger, badder sound...whatever that might mean...

What is the consensus with 2.3L exhaust? I'm leaning toward Flowmaster FlowFX but I then see SOOOO many examples of folks buying FlowFX or American Thunder or others and then not being able to take the drone, etc that they just pull them off and bail out.

I like the sound clips of Flowmaster systems the best but can anyone who has installed one (on 2.3L only, please!) comment as to what they bought and how they like it? If not, FlowMaster then are folks gravitating to other brands? The Ford Perf Parts Borla system seems interesting, too and sounds pretty nice. Any buyers of FPP care to comment?

I know this topic has been beat to death but I can't help think that a lot of what I read is from the brands themselves or just fanbois who don't even run the system...they just talk about it or sell it.

I went with AFE's Apollo GT series 3" cat-back (the model with muffler and resonator) and very happy...deep tone for a 4cyl and no popcorn farting.

Perk 22

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with Kooks axel back duel exhaust. great look, nice deeper tone. Lethal performance has a video.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went with flowmaster axle back duals no drone but to ricer for me put stock back on.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone try the American Thunder from Flowmaster? I feel like it may have enough muffler to not be obnoxious.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the outlaw which is basically a straight pipe exhaust and it’s too loud and droney for me so I’m saving up for the borla ATAK since I had it on my vw gti and it sounded really good and tuned and no drone.

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Before you decide check out MRT Automotive. I just installed their axle back stainless system on my 2.3 Outer Banks and it’s fantastic. A nice sport sound on acceleration and no drone at speed. Their web site has a sound video which is representative of the product. I chose them from reading an earlier post and comparing price and value. I had it installed at a local exhaust shop and they charged me $40. Good luck deciding.

Reactions: GAN

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the flowmaster that is just the pipe that deletes the factory muffler (bc I’m using that space for other things) so that was really my only option. Everyone’s experience will be different with the sound, but with K&N intake, AFe charge pipes and mishimoto instercooler, I’m very pleased with how it sounds especially for the price and space that was gained by eliminating the muffler

Sponsored

MrGSquared

Outer Banks
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Jeep GC TH 5.7, '23 Bronco OBX 4Dr (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While I have no Bronco (yet), I did recently drive a 4-door with a MBRP cat-back exhaust and an aFe intake. While you could tell the exhaust wasn't factory, it wasn't obnoxious or anything. The turbo noises were louder than stock but the sound of the intake/exhaust combo definitely was grin-worthy. Martin Barkey of MBRP is a pretty cool dude as well (auto racer and true gearhead).

https://tspoverland.com/products/mb...-door-4-door-3-inch-2-5-inch-cat-back-exhaust

Stangcrazy66

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SHO, 2001 Cobra, 2021 bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I popped for the roush axle back an love it. Very nice sound, no drone. Kinda wish it was a full cat back though cause the factory pipe looks nasty next to the roush pipe
Sponsored