First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys I have a 2.3L manual 4 door bad lands. It only has about 700 miles on it. it has been making this noise since I got it. So though it was normal. But no starting to think differently. Definitely louder when it's cold. Seems to dissipate as it warms up. Cant tell if its the tranny or engine. Cause it seems to make the noise when I rev the engine. But also in first and second gear but seems to stop when I push the clutch in. Any body else experiencing this issue. or know what it is?
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Matt, the 2.3L in my Ranger sounds like a maniacal sewing machine, but it doesn't sound like that. I would suggest letting your dealer have a listen.

I haven't seen a thread on here where someone else reported that strange noise. Good luck, I hope it's something simple to fix.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Join the club... seems to be common. Several others with the 7mt having the same issue, myself included. I'll edit with a link to the other thread.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattyfly42

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just messing with it again. And it was out of gear. I was revving the engine and it almost sounds like its coming from the bottom or the exhaust system. when the RPM's start coming back down. Def like a rattling sound

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just messing with it again. And it was out of gear. I was revving the engine and it almost sounds like its coming from the bottom or the exhaust system. when the RPM's start coming back down. Def like a rattling sound
It's all in that thread above.

OP
OP
Mattyfly42

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Ya read that one. Sounds similar. Thank you. Couldn’t tell in the video. Mine sounds different tho.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's the one...
I've had it since new. Kind of a rolling, rattle from the clutch/flex plate area. It's present in all gears except with pressure on the clutch. It does get considerably harder to hear in higher gears unless you have something to reflect the sound back to you.
Matt, if I read this right the sound is different with the clutch depressed. Place the tranny in neutral, rev the motor with the clutch engaged (pedal out), then disengage the clutch (pedal in) while in neutral. If the sound changes, I'd bet the farm it's the throw out bearing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattyfly42

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heres another video. with the clutch out and in neutral. it a. lso seems to dissipate a little when warmed up. definitely colder when louder

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey guys I have a 2.3L manual 4 door bad lands. It only has about 700 miles on it. it has been making this noise since I got it. So though it was normal. But no starting to think differently. Definitely louder when it's cold. Seems to dissipate as it warms up. Cant tell if its the tranny or engine. Cause it seems to make the noise when I rev the engine. But also in first and second gear but seems to stop when I push the clutch in. Any body else experiencing this issue. or know what it is?
Hi there! Please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. I'd like to look into this concern on our end.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heres another video. with the clutch out and in neutral. it a. lso seems to dissipate a little when warmed up. definitely colder when louder
May be a long shot but take a close look if all the heat shields are tight. When I installed my exhaust I noticed that the heat shields made a lot of noise if bumped or contacted. The heat shield over the muffler was tight but made so much noise from the slightest contact that I removed it.

OP
OP
Mattyfly42

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its now at the dealer so I will keep you all posted. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
Mattyfly42

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a call from the dealer today they said the noise a bad muffler inlet pipe and needs replaced. But the parts aren't available yet. anyone know if a new exhaust system would fix it? The rousche looks and sounds pretty tasty.
Sponsored