IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is there another muffler/resonator on the factory exhaust? somewhere under about where the front seats are?
Yes, it called a catalytic converter.

It does not sound as bad or loud as I thought it would. I still would like to hear pull under load up to redline but this might just be tolerable.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, it called a catalytic converter.

It does not sound as bad or loud as I thought it would. I still would like to hear pull under load up to redline but this might just be tolerable.
lol i know that there's a cat, im just not sure if theres another smaller resonator somewhere else under the vehicle. My wrangler had the big suitcase at the rear bumper like the bronco, but also had a smaller resonator under the seats as well. My ram also had various resonators throughout the exhaust.

I've been trying to find pictures of the oem exhaust but cant clearly see the whole thing. To me, it sounds like theres still a resonator on the system besides the cat, based on how quiet it still sounds. But im super curious if thats true or not

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those little tiny few hundred rpm revs don't tell much of the story....

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doesn't sound too bad, maybe a small resonator to also extend it out to the corner. The kid who sold me my '05 V-6 Mustang had removed the muffler (it was in the trunk). I thought I would put it on first thing, but it's been 4 years and I kinda like it. It's only loud when you get on it, which is cool. Between that and a CAI it will throw a lean burn code once in a while. I wonder if on the Bronco it might confuse some of the electronic engine controls?

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doesn't sound too bad, maybe a small resonator to also extend it out to the corner. The kid who sold me my '05 V-6 Mustang had removed the muffler (it was in the trunk). I thought I would put it on first thing, but it's been 4 years and I kinda like it. It's only loud when you get on it, which is cool. Between that and a CAI it will throw a lean burn code once in a while. I wonder if on the Bronco it might confuse some of the electronic engine controls?
never had an issue with the same mods on my old focus st. i think itll be fine on the bronco. a catback exhaust will certainly be fine... id do a little bit more research on if a tune is necessary to add in a CAI or drop in air filter. I had a drop in green filter on my ST and it sounded so cool but i didnt have a tune, but i was also a dumbass 19 y/o who didnt even know about that stuff haha. But never had an issue

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't mind it. But here in CA, you can’t even have a flash programed vehicle. It won't pass smog, so it can't be registered. My bike has full Akrapovic EVO 4, and a ton more. Luckily, not the same issue. But my R32 is another matter. I've done GIAC and exhaust, so I'm really hoping my Bronco comes soon, so I can sell my car before it has to be registered again. Haha!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No joke that is quieter than my comanche that I drive around daily. Its only a touch louder than my 96 bronco with nothing but a summit racing 1 into 2 catback kit. I may be into running without a muffler if it helps performance any why not.