Sponsored

2.3L or 2.7L is everyone happy with either engine.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my 2.3 7MT, as a newbie to off-roading, it’s a bit challenging wheeling in still. I understand why the Offroadeo stopped offering the 7MT at their events.

Those of you with a 2.3 MT, does your turbo BPV make a clicking/popping noise as shown in my video? Could a few of you hop into your 2.3 MT and see if you can recreate the same noise? My service advisor took one quick listen and said “oh that’s normal.” But, I’m not sure I believe him. Any feedback with those with the same engine and transmission would be awesome!

Another Post About My 2.3 BPV/BOV Click
Sponsored

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. I've interacted with the mentioned thread, but no solution has been provided, so I thought I'd try this thread. Guess there aren't as many 2.3L 7MT out there to give their Bronco a few revs to see if the same noise happens. I'll have to wait until my Aug appt with my dealership.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I've interacted with the mentioned thread, but no solution has been provided, so I thought I'd try this thread. Guess there aren't as many 2.3L 7MT out there to give their Bronco a few revs to see if the same noise happens. I'll have to wait until my Aug appt with my dealership.
I have one. And experience the same sound. Asked the tech about it as well and they said is was normal. Going in for oil change in recalls in a couple weeks I will ask them again. Doesn't seem to be causing any issue. it sounds like an after market BOV might solve the issue bit not sure I want to go that route.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

More than pleased. 2.7 AT OBX Lux 4 Dr softtop.
Over 18,000 miles. 21.7 mpg on road trip yo real OBX. 19.5 this trip into the rockies and tooling along through the canyons in Sport mode handles like it was a lower height.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the 2.7.

It’s in a four door badlands Sasquatch.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the 2.3 and I am very happy with it. Save for one item. It sounds just terrible. And I am not unhappy just surprised at the piss poor MPG it gets.
I solved the sound problem with a Roush exhaust. As for the MPG, no matter what I do I just don't ever seem to move off of 19.5 MPG.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can anyone comment on how the acceleration is in the 2.7 compared to a stock 2016 V6 SR5 4Runner? I have a 2.7L on order and will be trading in my 4Runner. The 4Runner’s acceleration is so terrible (like dangerous sometimes when you need to pass or change lanes). So I’m hoping for a lot more pep in the step of the 2.7.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone comment on how the acceleration is in the 2.7 compared to a stock 2016 V6 SR5 4Runner? I have a 2.7L on order and will be trading in my 4Runner. The 4Runner’s acceleration is so terrible (like dangerous sometimes when you need to pass or change lanes). So I’m hoping for a lot more pep in the step of the 2.7.
I can't on the 2.7 but my 2.3 is faster than my FJ Cruiser with the v6 (same engine as 4runner). I know it's not exactly what you are asking, but I'm sure the 2.7 is faster than the 2.3 engine.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the 2.7 in my sports car…I mean my 2 dr BL.. you’d appreciate more than the 2.3 as well when passing a semi at 75 mph into a headwind on an uphill climb in fast moving traffic.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have both; they’re the same to me. Even with the 2.3 on 4.46 gears and 37s.

Don’t expect to win races, but they’re both very adequate.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I mentioned to you mine showed signs up water intrusion as well but I think yours is even worse, and I may have been in a couple of deeper puddles at even higher speeds before too :) Not sure how yours seems to have let in even more.
And you have several inches of lift on me too so one would think that would have some influence on where and how it's getting in. Might look at it closer this weekend but I starting to feel this is more of a design flaw either with the diverter system and/or combination of openings down below that, when water obstacles are hit just right, directs the goo that direction where it can enter the box. In the latter case, installing a couple baffles and filling gaps might solve a lot of these issues. Beside better breathing, there's a reason Ford changed the air box on Raptor/Warthog to have the filter above the bottom box instead of buried inside. If there isn't a clear fix and I intend to do more of this type of off-roading, I'm seriously thinking about adding another baffle inside of the box to prevent a direct splash to the filter. If I knew the Raptor box would work, I'd order that setup instead.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the 2.7 and Sas. I debated long and hard at reservation time- wanted the 2.3 and manual initially but was very worried about performance with the Bronco being so heavy. Went with the 2.7 Basesquatch, 2 door. (Lightest weight model and biggest engine). Except for reading about the 2.7 engine failures, I LOVE the engine. I'm amazed how fast it is overall and how quickly it picks up speed with the 35" tires. Great to have the proper gearing. I love the way it starts, idles and sounds- love the throaty sound. So, overall very happy with the 2.7 in my 2 door.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely different, we have a few 4runners and tacos in my group of friends, all 2019 and newer, and when we're on highway trips they can't keep up with my passing moves. Off the line in first gear the bronco is very tame but second gear onwards and it pulls hard! I'm on 37s with a lift, and my last trip was 900km each way, had a bike rack with two bikes, 230lbs of dogs, 250lb steel bumper for a Jeep, wife, myself, and a bunch of other stuff and passing was still a breeze and this was going through the Rocky Mountain pass from Alberta to BC and back. Just to note I am running the Panda power module and always use 91 octane though.
Sponsored