William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Did you ever drive a Willys? I wouldn't describe the power as fine ? It was amazing how they kept running, but it was not really safe for regular street driving.
Nope, never have but read allot of Jalopnik!
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had a dollar for every time you praised the little 4 cyl. I'd be able to afford a V8 swap by now and not have to deal with all this "will it have enough power" bullshit ;)

Godzilla or Baby Godzilla.... here I come!! ?
Touché

Well, gotta see if an LS can fit, or at least Barra Swap it

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we are comparing 2.3 MT to 2.7 AT, then we also have to consider the power losses in the Auto... Not that a human can outshift the auto per se, but MT drivers will be able to control their shift points with less loss in the drive train. Also, FPP might offer a tune which would me a tuned 2.3 w/ factory warranty could have a better ratio when you consider the losses.

And for those saying don't get the bigger tires or don't squatch the 2.3, I say get the extra load (XL) 35" Nitto Grapplers with some trail series Method wheels and you'll actually save ~20 lbs per wheel/tire compared to Squatch.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as off-road capable vehicles driven daily, the Bronco with 2.3 and 7MT is gonna be a damn rocket ship for me, and I can't wait!

1989 Toyota Pickup w/ 3.slo V6, 5 spd. -> 145 HP ; 180 ft.lbf ; Zero to 60: yes

1971 Toyota FJ40 w/3.9L 6cyl., 3 spd. -> 125 HP ; 209 ft.lbf : Zero to 60: NFC, I don't have a death wish

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From a European perspective, seeing all of you Americans always wanting the biggest most powerful everything is really funny.
In Eur, most small city cars come with 70HP base, 110 is top of the line. A mid sized 4x4 would be considered powerful enough with 180HP.

And yet here a 270HP engine is not enough. We need a V8 700HP, because why not pollute as much as we can the wild places we will go explore with those Bronco just so that we can get to 60 mph 1 second faster and show the neighbor we got more money than him?

Pathetic.
This tells you everything you need to know about snooty Europeans in a single post.

Pathetic.

;)

Sponsored

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As far as off-road capable vehicles driven daily, the Bronco with 2.3 and 7MT is gonna be a damn rocket ship for me, and I can't wait!

1989 Toyota Pickup w/ 3.slo V6, 5 spd. -> 145 HP ; 180 ft.lbf ; Zero to 60: yes

1971 Toyota FJ40 w/3.9L 6cyl., 3 spd. -> 125 HP ; 209 ft.lbf : Zero to 60: NFC, I don't have a death wish
My only context for "how fast an offroad-style vehicle should go" is my old '95 Nissan Pathfinder 4door that I drove for about 7 years. It was a V6, 3.whatever liters, variable suspension at the click of a dial, heated seats, ect. It had maaaaaaaaaaybe 130 horsepower, if running perfectly, which it wasn't.

It got to 60 whenever the hell it felt like it. It was a complete and total turd.

The Bronco with the 2.3 and the manual is seriously going to feel like a rocketship by comparison. Yes, the 2.7 liter will be faster, and torquier...but it also isn't required to go offroading by any stretch, considering people offroad in Jimnys with sub 2-liter sized engines.

Well, gotta see if an LS can fit, or at least Barra Swap it
Don't besmirch it with an LS, just stick with a Barra and make sweet inline-6 noises. Choo choo, motherfuckers! :ROFLMAO:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From a European perspective, seeing all of you Americans always wanting the biggest most powerful everything is really funny.
In Eur, most small city cars come with 70HP base, 110 is top of the line. A mid sized 4x4 would be considered powerful enough with 180HP.

And yet here a 270HP engine is not enough. We need a V8 700HP, because why not pollute as much as we can the wild places we will go explore with those Bronco just so that we can get to 60 mph 1 second faster and show the neighbor we got more money than him?

Pathetic.
Lots of americans for right or wrong like to start their truck and have it sound like the whole world is coming to an end,put it in gear and punch it and the earth rotates the other way ! are we pathetic maybe but let the good times roll ,pass me another beer.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only context for "how fast an offroad-style vehicle should go" is my old '95 Nissan Pathfinder 4door that I drove for about 7 years. It was a V6, 3.whatever liters, variable suspension at the click of a dial, heated seats, ect. It had maaaaaaaaaaybe 130 horsepower, if running perfectly, which it wasn't.

It got to 60 whenever the hell it felt like it. It was a complete and total turd.

The Bronco with the 2.3 and the manual is seriously going to feel like a rocketship by comparison. Yes, the 2.7 liter will be faster, and torquier...but it also isn't required to go offroading by any stretch, considering people offroad in Jimnys with sub 2-liter sized engines.

Don't besmirch it with an LS, just stick with a Barra and make sweet inline-6 noises. Choo choo, motherfuckers! :ROFLMAO:
I had a '92 Pathfinder as my first car. With the manual transmission, you could compensate for the lack of HP/Torque quite easily. Came with 31" x 10.5" tires from the factory and was quite capable off-road for a stock vehicle. Loved that old girl! :love:

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a '92 Pathfinder as my first car. With the manual transmission, you could compensate for the lack of HP/Torque quite easily. Came with 31" x 10.5" tires from the factory and was quite capable off-road for a stock vehicle. Loved that old girl! :love:
Man I loved that old hunk of junk! It was on some 31-inch AT's that were definitely more dry-rotted than I thought initially, and overall the thing was a rust bucket and a money pit, but boy if I didn't have a blast riding around in the thing. Had it had a manual I don't doubt it would've felt more capable in the hp/torque department, but that 4spd auto they had in it was just...so. slow. But dude, for a kid who made zero money and couldn't even pay off his student loans but still needed to get to work, it was bulletproof and a half.

...which is why the Bronco's getting built into the machine I always wanted the Pathfinder to be lol

Sponsored

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base

Pathetic.
Yeah and we win wars too! You're welcome.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’ll have plenty of torque but the manual Sasquatch will be SLOW.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pathetic.
Are you ordering the 2.7 (310 hp 400lb-ft)First Edition that shows up next to your name?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you ordering the 2.7 (310 hp 400lb-ft)First Edition that shows up next to your name?
nope, I have a FE reservation because when orders opened back in July 13 I got that one first without knowing details about it. That’s also my last gas vehicle. Can’t wait to get an EV 4x4 with decent range, charged with my house solar panels cause you know, electricity produced by coal in this country is not exactly clean.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for those that are interested I was doing some hauling to dump and when left got actual weight of my 2019 ford ranger with 2.3 full tank(except 11 miles to dump) and me and wife plus some general stuff. ( tools, 4 way tire iron and backpack with lap top and husky puppy) the weight came in at 5001 lbs empty on way out. This is with lift and running 285/70/17 radar renegade RT tires and lifted. gives good comparison for the Bronco with 2.3 as the ranger does awesome even without tune and have done some pulling of AR190 Yamaha boat and overlanding gear (RTT, generator 18 gallons water 2 12 v fridges and all the comforts. going from Springfield to Branson area has lots of hills and had no issues with plenty of power left.
Sponsored