Sponsored

2.3L turbo is shot [CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR BY OP & OTHERS. BANS INSTITUTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Months of sitting outdoors without any opportunity to be driven is bound to create issues. Internally at Ford this is known as lot rot. Things corrode and seize up, especially brakes. Tires flat spot, paint fades, and engines develop issues.

Look your vehicle over well before you sign any documents.
How do you look over the turbo šŸ™„
Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems to have been quite a few failed turbos, especially in 2.3ā€™s. Curious if most have sat on dirt mountain like the OPā€™s?
Why does it matter if it's on "dirt mountain" or in your driveway away? I cant believe how many people think the Broncos age multiple years sitting in a lot in Detroit. My 18 year old Explorer Sport-Track has never been garaged since I bought it new and it's just fine living through 18 midwest summers and winters.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco was delivered yesterday. I was supposed to pick her up today but got a text that the TURBO IS SHOT!!!!! 394 days of waiting and now God knows how much longer. How did it leave the factory like this?????? Thanks @Ford Motor Company for a STELLAR experience. UGGGHHHHHHH
Built Jan 22nd... sat on dirt mountain 6 months... delivered yesterday... F'ed today. SO UNBELIEVABLY PISSED.
You do realize that Ford does not manufacture the turbos for any of their products, nor did they conspire for you to get a bad one. If thatā€™s the worst thatā€™s happened to you, youā€™re still doing pretty good.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silver lining:

Your dealer caught it during the pre-delivery inspection, and you didnā€™t drive home a brand-new Bronco only to find out a few days later than you had to get it towed back due to a failure.
Shouldn't happen regardless. Unacceptable! Ford needs to do better!

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shouldn't happen regardless. Unacceptable! Ford needs to do better!
So you are saying no car manufacturers should ever have a failure with any of their vehicles? Do you know how many parts are in today's vehicles? Back in the day most manufacturers used to make just about every single part on their vehicles. Nowadays it is cost prohibitive. So they have 10s if not hundreds of suppliers making parts for 1 specific vehicle. Defects get out. No one is perfect. It is a vehicle.

Overboost

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why does it matter if it's on "dirt mountain" or in your driveway away? I cant believe how many people think the Broncos age multiple years sitting in a lot in Detroit. My 18 year old Explorer Sport-Track has never been garaged since I bought it new and it's just fine living through 18 midwest summers and winters.
Park it in Detroit for 6 months starting in January without driving it and the rotors will be very rusty, the battery will most likely be dead and the paint will be full of fallout. When the vehicles have to be held and retrofitted there is always an increased chance for damage.

You may not care about any of this as it relates to your 18 year old vehicle, but someone who is waiting for their brand new Bronco most likely will.

Bottom line, this is a shitty situation and I feel for anyone who is still waiting for their vehicle knowing itā€™s been sitting out in some yard for months.

Last edited:

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are saying no car manufacturers should ever have a failure with any of their vehicles? Do you know how many parts are in today's vehicles? Back in the day most manufacturers used to make just about every single part on their vehicles. Nowadays it is cost prohibitive. So they have 10s if not hundreds of suppliers making parts for 1 specific vehicle. Defects get out. No one is perfect. It is a vehicle.
It's called quality control at the assembly plant! Yeah, today's cars are complex. But Ford needs to ensure their suppliers are providing quality parts, per their specs and make sure those parts aren't going to fail in their BRAND NEW VEHICLES! I agree its better that his Dealer found the problem before he drove home in it. Still doesn't make it okay. I'm sure Ford doesn't want these problems to happen with their brand new vehicles. And neither does the UAW Assembly Line Teams. FoMoCo and the Union need to step up and take steps to prevent this kind of shit! šŸ’©

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how is it Fords fault for a part they don't make? That's like crapping on your Samsung phone for a battery that catches fire. A battery that Samsung doesn't even manufacture.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you drive it or does it sit?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Enh, crib death in brand new parts isn't that unheard of. if you think a failure of a brand new turbo is bad, you should drive a DSM car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.