Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen some tuned Rangers doing quarter mile in mid 13s And under 6 secs 0-60. Not bad for a 4cyl truck.
Considering that was fast for new Mustangs and Camaros in the late 80's ...... Now they can do it in a 9000lb Super Duty diesel, lol!
Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're worried about warranty, you can buy a tune direct from Ford Performance and keep the powertrain warranty. They are already offering this on the Ranger 2.3L (same engine): https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

I have a Ford Performance tune (level 2) on my Mustang GT. It's a very conservative tune that takes advantage of higher octane fuel (they provide a sticker to put inside the gas port cover showing "91+"). Even on the naturally-aspirated Coyote engine, the tune made a big difference and noticably improved the low end torque of the engine.

If I had either the 2.3L or 2.7L Bronco I would buy one of these tunes as soon as they became available. There's really no downside (other than the cost, and the fact that you can no longer run 87 octane). It's not going to wreck your engine more than it would already be likely to wreck itself.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Super excited about this. An easy 50 WHP and 60 TQ. No brainer to me.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 cyl engines with aftermarket exhaust is going to sound like a ricer ugh

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’d be interested in the Ford Performance tune they offer for the Ranger for $825 and under warranty.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 cyl engines with aftermarket exhaust is going to sound like a ricer ugh
wont sound like a v8 , but browsing through the Ranger Ecoboost forums, there seem to be some decent exhausts that sound ok.

ScientistNK

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This may be a stupid question but what is going to be better on mpg 2.3 or 2.7 for the bronco?

Reactions: BE_

Sponsored

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A question for the experts. I've watched a video on TFL where they tune the 2.7 and 3.5 on an f-150 - makes a huge difference. However, the tuner that they utilized allowed for multiple tune software files and you simply re-flash the vehicle computer in 5 minutes and it can go back to stock. Is this not similar with other tunes (ie: ford?)? Also, if you get an e85 tune, is the bronco e85 fuel rated? And if not, what effects are there to running e85? Thanks!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is lots of experience with both motors. You can probably find a range of tunes from mild to pretty wild with the 2.7l. I know some guys are getting well over 400hp on pump gas on their lease 2.7 F150s and then turning them back to stock prior to returning them. Take a look on You Tube and see the Fusion Sports running mid 12second 1/4 mile on pump gas.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You turned me off right there. I'm that guy who typically takes my vehicles past 200k miles. About to pass 200k on my Mustang with the V6, most I've done to it is a brake caliper and water pump (plus the axle back exhaust). I like it when I don't have to replace half an engine. So if the tune will hurt the vehicle in the long run, I'll stick with 310 hp and 400 lbs. torque.\

But thank you to those who answered.
As mentioned in other posts, Ford now offers factory performance tune on the Ranger and it's still covered by warranty. My experience with tunes on vehicles is that they shift better (with automatic trans) and thus I'd expect possibly longer life out of an auto trans with tune.

Also, FWIW my turbo-diesel truck has been tuned with high boost for the last 60k miles (308k total) and no issues. It is a custom tune based on my other pretty minimal mods and the stock transmission.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A question for the experts. I've watched a video on TFL where they tune the 2.7 and 3.5 on an f-150 - makes a huge difference. However, the tuner that they utilized allowed for multiple tune software files and you simply re-flash the vehicle computer in 5 minutes and it can go back to stock. Is this not similar with other tunes (ie: ford?)? Also, if you get an e85 tune, is the bronco e85 fuel rated? And if not, what effects are there to running e85? Thanks!
My understanding is that industry standard is e15 capable across the board. E85 is slowing support, not sure why, but e15 blends net some benefits too. I would rather get a tuner with 3 modes, stock, eco, performance. Something that can be switched in moments notice.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Brian are you employed by or affiliated with 5star?????????????????????????
Sponsored