Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I was just looking at quality (best quality ever made in this world or next, the best on nine planets) lift kits for the Ranger and see you can get one for less than $1,500. A 2.5" OME lift is only $1,400 and anyone with a shade-tree should be able to park the Bronco and install it. Includes shocks and springs for 2.5" lift. Anyone can run 35"+ tires, even the base folks. I'm guessing the Bronco system will be similar!
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just looking at quality (best quality ever made in this world or next, the best on nine planets) lift kits for the Ranger and see you can get one for less than $1,500. A 2.5" OME lift is only $1,400 and anyone with a shade-tree should be able to park the Bronco and install it. Includes shocks and springs for 2.5" lift. Anyone can run 35"+ tires, even the base folks. I'm guessing the Bronco system will be similar!
Is this the one (Old Man Emu)?

https://arbusa.com/ford-ranger-2019-on/old-man-emu-4x4-suspension/
https://www.polyperformance.com/ome-2-5-suspension-lift-kit-for-19-ford-ranger

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Yeah

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nope, new chassis

Ford Bronco 2.5" Lift - not so expensive afterall FordBronco_parts_02 - Copy

Ford Bronco 2.5" Lift - not so expensive afterall FordBronco_parts_09 - Copy-1

Ford Bronco 2.5" Lift - not so expensive afterall FordBronco_parts_03 - Copy

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, new chassis
I think the operative word from @AcesandEights was “similar”, not “identical”. I’m sure it will be a kit customized for the Bronco chassis, not simply a rebadged Ranger kit.

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I've used OME in the past and really like them. I was glad to see a reasonably priced kit for the Ranger, because it probably means it wont be a blinged out $3k kit for the Bronco, like some of the other companies.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My definition for a lift kit for IFS involves a differential drop and larger/longer knuckles.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My definition for a lift kit for IFS involves a differential drop and larger/longer knuckles.
Understood. People have different personal preferences. Some enthusiasts refuse to buy a Bronco or a Jeep unless it has a V8 engine, which is perfectly OK, because they’re talking about the vehicle they want to drive.

From a practical perspective, though, it really depends on the intended use case. If you’re planning to bash around Moab or Johnson Valley with 37” tires, you may want a diff drop and new knuckles. However, if you want a marginal increase in ride height and are just tying to improve ride and handling quality, then an OME lift is probably a decent upgrade.

Ford Bronco 2.5" Lift - not so expensive afterall 1C39D541-D732-49F5-83E1-D5E2EA55CFD6

Last edited:

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understood. People have different personal preferences. Some enthusiasts refuse to buy a Bronco or a Jeep unless it has a V8 engine, which is perfectly OK, because they’re talking about the vehicle they want to drive.

From a practical perspective, though, it really depends on the intended use case. If you’re planning to bash around MOAB or Johnson Valley with 37” tires, you may want a diff drop and new knuckles. However, if you want a marginal increase in ride height and are just tying to improve ride and handling quality, then an OME lift is probably a decent upgrade.

Ford Bronco 2.5" Lift - not so expensive afterall 1C39D541-D732-49F5-83E1-D5E2EA55CFD6
There's always that one guy in every bunch that must poopoo your idea, and one up someone. This is good news no matter. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That shouldn’t define a lift for most people though...most IFS trucks are fine with a 2-3” lift over stock with no diff drop needed. You don’t want to drop the diff unless needed by extreme angles created.

Last edited:
OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To each their own. I wouldn't add a lift if I had to lower the ground clearance.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There's always that one guy in every bunch that must poopoo your idea, and one up someone. This is good news no matter. Thanks for sharing.
No one is poopooing the idea. It's guaranteed there will be at least a dozen aftermarket lifts the first year.

The OP thought the Ranger chassis was like the Bronco chassis, it is not, and I explained that in pictures.

Of course you knew all of that, and how users help others out here on Bronco6g.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is a great option for some one who likes the lifted look and doesnt care about the mechanicals ,cheap way to go / base no squatch 2.5 lift 35s bingo.

That is what i was going to do before they offered base squatch manual

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You could skip changing the suspension geometry and just install a body lift. Large tires with brodozer wheels would still fit, even when curb flexing at the mall.
Sponsored