First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I originally ordered a base 2 door Sasquatch package with the 2.7t. After waiting something like 5 months I decided to switch the engine to the 2.3 and manual. Since it’s starting to look like it may be a year+ before I see it, I decided to go back to the 2.7 and auto. But when I emailed my salesman today, he said “They aren’t making 2.7 right now.” But he charged it for me anyway. I guess I’m just wondering if there’s any truth to what he’s saying. Are 2.7t Broncos on the back burner?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I originally ordered a base 2 door Sasquatch package with the 2.7t. After waiting something like 5 months I decided to switch the engine to the 2.3 and manual. Since it’s starting to look like it may be a year+ before I see it, I decided to go back to the 2.7 and auto. But when I emailed my salesman today, he said “They aren’t making 2.7 right now.” But he charged it for me anyway. I guess I’m just wondering if there’s any truth to what he’s saying. Are 2.7t Broncos on the back burner?
We call it the game of "my dealer said", but you never know with the 2.7's blowing up.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2.7 build just had the window sticker pop up tonight.

Maybe for new orders it’s a no go though.

I have driven both and there is nothing wrong with the 2.3 and manual trans. Super fun combo and I went back and for before deciding on the 2.7 and auto combo for my Badlands build.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would ask him where he heard that info. Other dealers have said the same thing; maybe they have a rep in common who is spreading Bronco gossip outside of official channels. There are plenty of dealers on this forum, and they haven't heard about any such production hold.

Many times dealers have said there was a complete freeze on one feature or another. Outside of the MIC top back in August, it has never really been true. Dealer isn't necessarily lying, just has bad info.

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be a quiet confirmation by Ford that there is problems with the 2.7.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be a quiet confirmation by Ford that there is problems with the 2.7.
I don't think that would be very quiet for long....they haven't paused 2.7 builds; and no dealer has a communication that says they are going to do that...because as soon as it goes to 3,000+ dealers, no matter how confidential Ford makes it, it's on here within minutes. There may be rumors of a pause...or there may be dealers who think they are helping people by pushing them to 2.3 to get built quicker (although 2.7 hasn't been a constraint in quite a while from what has been seen on here). Most likely scenario is the dealer is just full of crap and there is no basis.

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 2021 Bronco 2.7 was on the assembly line from 12/13-12/31 but it shipped and I have running it all week with no issues! I have 32" tires and it is like it doesn't handles great and the OEM stereo is great! No problem hearing it even with the soft top goin 80! nice highs mids and lows!

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
HMM, have to wonder about this. Mine was schedule to be built this week, have heard nothing, no window sticker, etc.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder if this has to do with the blown engines why can’t ford tell us what the fuck is causing 2.7 to blow. I love mine though best vehicle I ever bought I get thumbs up every were I drive
Sponsored