First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not even an absolute need on the 1st gen 3.5 EB depending on the operating conditions... However, it won't hurt anything either. It's just less opportunity to have shit stuck to the back of the valves. I am unsure under what conditions that they get caked so badly, but I have not seen those issues on my Ecoboost, however, why would you NOT want to have a catch can??? Just seems like cheap insurance.
Because the 2.7L EcoBoost has dual injection including port injection which keeps the intake valve clean. The 2.3L Ecoboost does not have port injection so it would benefit by a Catch Can. IMHO
Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been running synthetic oil in my 2.0T Jeep. Even at 5,000 mile interval changes, it appears that's too much.

Most importantly, 99% of drivers do this. Start up and go. It pays to wait it out for a few minutes for the engine to warm up.

On recip aircraft engines, we have to wait for the oil to rise above 40 degrees C before adding power. On jet engine aircraft, we have to wait three minutes before adding power or at lower thrust settings before shutdown. There's a reason for the madness.
I think this is the best advice here. Reminds me of an old VW Manual by John Muir from the 70's where he said he would start his bug and roll a cigarette while it warmed up.

Ford Bronco 2.7 Ecoboost engine details you should know 1645330982372

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So two quick questions.

I saw a really cool video where the guy does an extremely simple "modification" under the hood to produce more/more-often/louder "turbo sounds" ... this is my first Turbo engine (and certainly first TWIN Turbo woohoo! Because Twin is more better!!!)

Is there any risk to this ? Seems like the kind of thing you can just pop on and off before visits to the Dealership and if it does work and is painless/not harmful, might Seem Legit...

Second question - I remember seeing a post a long time ago when Googling stuff about the Bronco we had reserved and/or ordered. Someone said something somewhere about something like a $995 German "Tuning Kit" - which consisted of some computer chip to add to the Bronco and that was about it (I THINK, I am not very Mechanical so I don't want people to think I am trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, that's my entire point, I don't...) and you pop it in and it 'unlocks 50% more Horsepower' ... which by my calculations 330 * 1.5 = 495 and Now we're cooking with OIL son!

And supposedly it's like the Turbo thing above, you could just pop out the chip when getting oil changes or whatever. I DID watch a bunch of videos on the 2.7L engine and many people said it's going to wind up as one of Ford's best engines , it's apparently much physically bigger than you'd think a 2.7L would be and it's capable of much more than Ford "let's it do" ... Again not my area of expertise but if I can get nearly 500 Horses for $1K , === Seems Legit...

Thanks! As always.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So two quick questions.

I saw a really cool video where the guy does an extremely simple "modification" under the hood to produce more/more-often/louder "turbo sounds" ... this is my first Turbo engine (and certainly first TWIN Turbo woohoo! Because Twin is more better!!!)

Is there any risk to this ? Seems like the kind of thing you can just pop on and off before visits to the Dealership and if it does work and is painless/not harmful, might Seem Legit...

Second question - I remember seeing a post a long time ago when Googling stuff about the Bronco we had reserved and/or ordered. Someone said something somewhere about something like a $995 German "Tuning Kit" - which consisted of some computer chip to add to the Bronco and that was about it (I THINK, I am not very Mechanical so I don't want people to think I am trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, that's my entire point, I don't...) and you pop it in and it 'unlocks 50% more Horsepower' ... which by my calculations 330 * 1.5 = 495 and Now we're cooking with OIL son!

And supposedly it's like the Turbo thing above, you could just pop out the chip when getting oil changes or whatever. I DID watch a bunch of videos on the 2.7L engine and many people said it's going to wind up as one of Ford's best engines , it's apparently much physically bigger than you'd think a 2.7L would be and it's capable of much more than Ford "let's it do" ... Again not my area of expertise but if I can get nearly 500 Horses for $1K , === Seems Legit...

Thanks! As always.
Why?
Sponsored