Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Solid video.

Somewhat of an asideā€¦ but when I was at the dealership the other day there was another customer there looking to switch to the 2.3L after hearing about dropped valves on Bronco6G.

For those considering on doing the same thingā€¦ I wouldnā€™t. Itā€™s probably safe to say that the 2.7L is one of Fordā€™s most-produced engines thanks to it being a popular option (perhaps THE most popular option?) on the F-150. And dropped valve problems due to assembly issues almost always occur within the first 10,000 miles, within the warranty period.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy, excellent video. Would you be able to do one on 2.7 oil change? I plan on doing my own oil because of bad experience from dealers and oil change shops.

Thanks
Here is one that was posted awhile ago in the forums, unfortunately I couldn't find the post, but I did fine the video:

Keep in mind that there is some confusion with the amount of oil that goes into the 2.7L. The manual says 7 quarts, but users are discovering it only holds 6 quarts. In my personal experience it holds around 6.3 quarts.

So... I guess the jury is still out on it. But just keep an eye on it and don't blindly put in 7 quarts thinking that is the correct amount of oil. It may not be.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is one that was posted awhile ago in the forums, unfortunately I couldn't find the post, but I did fine the video:

Keep in mind that there is some confusion with the amount of oil that goes into the 2.7L. The manual says 7 quarts, but users are discovering it only holds 6 quarts. In my personal experience it holds around 6.3 quarts
So... I guess the jury is still out on it. But just keep an eye on it and don't blindly put in 7 quarts thinking that is the correct amount of oil. It may not be.

Thanks I watched that video but I think Iā€™d rather get Bronco Wild Outdoor Video on oil change. He would better cover the process also regarding oil type and filter.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He says to use the factory specifications for oil but also says to use a full synthetic . . . the ownerā€™s manual says to use a synthetic blend.

The reason this is confusing to me is (1) I know nothing about engine oil and (2) Iā€™ve had the oil changed at two different dealers now and both times theyā€™ve asked me if I want full synthetic or a blend, and Iā€™m like šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø whatever the ownerā€™s manual says, guys.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All these videos keep claiming the OEM recommended oil is full-synthetic. This is untrue. The vehicle comes with, and recommends, Motorcraft synthetic BLEND.

Of course, I think switching to synthetic is a good idea but I'm just surprised at how many of these knowledgeable, seemingly well-researched videos get this wrong.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He says to use the factory specifications for oil but also says to use a full synthetic . . . the ownerā€™s manual says to use a synthetic blend.

The reason this is confusing to me is (1) I know nothing about engine oil and (2) Iā€™ve had the oil changed at two different dealers now and both times theyā€™ve asked me if I want full synthetic or a blend, and Iā€™m like šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø whatever the ownerā€™s manual says, guys.
I too was mega confused and asked my dad about it (retired Ford engineer). He gave me about a 30 minute in-depth explanation about it all. Super interesting, never knew so much went into engine oil.

The TL;DR version is that if you are changing your oil every 3000-5000 miles it really doesn't matter too much. If you are changing it 7500-10000 miles, should definitely look at full synthetic.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I too was mega confused and asked my dad about it (retired Ford engineer). He gave me about a 30 minute in-depth explanation about it all. Super interesting, never knew so much went into engine oil.

The TL;DR version is that if you are changing your oil every 3000-5000 miles it really doesn't matter too much. If you are changing it 7500-10000 miles, should definitely look at full synthetic.
Thank you! Iā€™ll stick with the blend since thereā€™s no way Iā€™m going 5k without changing the oil.
Sponsored