First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent information! Thank you for sharing.
Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All these videos keep claiming the OEM recommended oil is full-synthetic. This is untrue. The vehicle comes with, and recommends, Motorcraft synthetic BLEND.

Of course, I think switching to synthetic is a good idea but I'm just surprised at how many of these knowledgeable, seemingly well-researched videos get this wrong.
I've driven a 2.7 EB for 5 years in my F150. I use the OEM Motorcraft synthetic blend and 87 octane gas. I've had zero issues and I get 23 mpg highway and 19 mpg around town.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've driven a 2.7 EB for 5 years in my F150. I use the OEM Motorcraft synthetic blend and 87 octane gas. I've had zero issues and I get 23 mpg highway and 19 mpg around town.
And like he said, different 2.7.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford wanted us to change oil at first 1500 then it would have been programmed into the computer. With newer vehicles I now wait until the car says it's time.
there is a lot more at play then just letting the computer tell you when its time. I will say that by following that schedule you will definitely keep the epa happy, as well as make it safely through your warranty period.
as someone that makes my living in petroleum products I would recommend that you go no more then 5-7000 on a full synthetic or 3-5000 on syn blend. I would also make sure you are checking your oil as most vehicles will consume oil and the only thing worse then going 10k on your oil is so do it with less in the sump.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good quality gas? How would you even know that? Also, I remember being told regular would be just fine, but OP says premium or quality regular, again how do I know? Thanks!

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you recommend adding oil catch can with the 2.7 eco?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry, did you think people actually read, or think, before asking others questions? 😂

I'm with you, man. People's inability to be independently resourceful is nauseating.

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve always use OEM oil filters myself… all these aftermarket extra guard etc filters makes me nervous that the oil pressure will be altered due to extra filtration material etc.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good quality gas? How would you even know that? Also, I remember being told regular would be just fine, but OP says premium or quality regular, again how do I know? Thanks!
As someone who has worked in the downstream side of the petroleum industry for 25+ years, I can tell you that while the majority of gasoline brands starts off with the same base product, the additive that is injected into it at the terminal side is substantially different. I highly recommend branded gasoline....Exxon, Shell, BP, etc.... I don't know that there is much difference in their additives (they all claim they have the best), but the amount that is added compared to unbranded stores (walmart, kroger, etc...) is huge. This may be what he means by premium gas....not necessarily 93 oct vs 87 oct.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who has worked in the downstream side of the petroleum industry for 25+ years, I can tell you that while the majority of gasoline brands starts off with the same base product, the additive that is injected into it at the terminal side is substantially different. I highly recommend branded gasoline....Exxon, Shell, BP, etc.... I don't know that there is much difference in their additives (they all claim they have the best), but the amount that is added compared to unbranded stores (walmart, kroger, etc...) is huge. This may be what he means by premium gas....not necessarily 93 oct vs 87 oct.
He did say premium and I agree with your determination of his meaning. BUT, near the end he states hp/torque numbers on 87 and the hp/torque numbers on 93 octane.!! I am hoping he meant the 93 numbers gained after a performance tune.!
Sponsored