First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you we can get these ecoboosts sounding good. I loved how my focus st sounded with a magnaflow muffler. The old guys ear’s are used to only ever hearing v8s and thinking anything else doesn’t sound good. While yes v8s sound great, it’s cool hearing something that sounds different from all the pick up trucks running flowmaster 40 series everywhere. Shit gets old. Don’t worry about what other people think, nothing wrong with doing an exhaust on these motors and I can’t wait to hear some turbo whistle and intake sounds again!
Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might be on to something. I was planning on doing a catback Borla S or ATAK but I don't want my Bronco to sound like a Ford Fiesta Rally car. Does resonator delete affect warranty at all?
No, it shouldn't . Unless you need warranty work on the exhaust itself, in which case maybe. But most dealerships don't care about something minor like this

pacsun82

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Supercrew 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You might be on to something. I was planning on doing a catback Borla S or ATAK but I don't want my Bronco to sound like a Ford Fiesta Rally car. Does resonator delete affect warranty at all?
[/QUOTE
i bought the Corsa resonator delete pipe for my 2.7 F150....super clean install no welding...looks factory!!! Ford offered a resonator delete pipe for the pre-2015 F150s so I wouldn't be worried about warranty issues. GUYS don't be fooled with exhaust videos on youtube, I own a 2016 F150 w/ 2.7 (129k miles) I've owned Borla s-type and Afe exhaust and nothing sounds better then a resonator delete!!!! If you insist on having aftermarket exhaust look into Banks and Heartthrob!!!!

Last edited:

pacsun82

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Supercrew 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People spend some time on the f150 ecoboost forum....you'll be 2.7 experts in a week!!!

UncleBud

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Trailboss 1973 bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another exhaust option id look at for the 2.7 is the awe exhaust. It kind of reminds me of my mothers x5 bmw. All the clips i've heard it actually sounds dang good for a v6........ Is it bad that i'm excited for a 2.7l motor? lol

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To insert a few bits of info about catalytic converter deleting vs performance cats & factory cats.

1)A regular catalytic converter works by having the exhaust gasses flow through a ceramic honeycomb structure that is coated in various rare metals. While not exactly "cheap," high-flow catalytic converters are specifically designed to meet or exceed OE quality and performance standards without sacrificing flow rate.

2)The amount of horsepower you will get from a high flow catalytic converter depends on your engine and the modifications you have made to it. You may see a horsepower gain of as little as 5 hp or as much as 60 hp. You may also get an extra 5-60 ft lbs of torque.

3)Typically when installing a higher flowing catalytic converter you will gain some extra exhaust volume, and will usually be about 15-20% louder without any other changes to the exhaust.

In the end, it's your vehicle and your money you can do what you want and go for the sound you want.
But as for me, once they become available, I'll be putting a catted downpipe on and take into consideration what the aftermarket exhaust sounds like. (whether they do the sound clip with a resonator and/or cat delete)

The F-150 exhausts can give us a ballpark idea, but I'm pretty sure the Bronco's exhaust will be a bit shorter and possibly have some routing bends that will also affect it's exhaust sound/tone.

My personal opinion is going cat-less on a street vehicle that's stock or with a mild tune is pointless, but that's me and because I've had a performance cat downpipe on my Sti for the last 9 years and have had zero issues and it's never thrown a code.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i've done it all in the past- resonator deletes, exhaust systems, and cutouts. in my personal experience sixes can sound just ok with a really good borla, which isn't cheap. generally, in my experience, 4's and 6's just sounds like leaf blowers and just don't sound great and i'm going to save my money. to me, nothing sounds even close to an 8 cylinder and i'm not buying this car as a sports car. just my 2 cents

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never heard a v6 sound good IMO. Most tunes on the 2.7 use stock exhaust to about 400HP (tune and intake) Only thing worse is a v10. It’s just not a synchronized sound. I much prefer a I4 to a V6 and of course, V8 is just the best soundtrack ????

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After taking a 2 liter turbo from 220 hp to over 500 I think I will keep this one stock. What is the point at the end of the day? I am ready for some quiet and enjoy the way the rig is engineered but then again that's what we all say.

Sponsored

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well since V-8 are on the way out, having a bronco sound like a Porsche may be the best thing going.

Actually Atlbronco75 resonator delete sounds better
This is a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder. My 2008 has a 3.4 liter H6 and it sounds glorious around the 6k mark.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder. My 2008 has a 3.4 liter H6 and it sounds glorious around the 6k mark.
Flat motors sound glorious, Porsche more so than subarus but still good.

For me, sound wise, it's

V8>flat plane v8> flat 6> flat 4> I6> I4 > a cat stuck in a washing machine> v6

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I’m interested to see how the Ford Performance exhaust sounds, may bite the bullet and go for it, pair that with a new inter cooler, downpipes, and Ford Performance tune, should be get out of its own way.

I’m expecting to be disappointed by the sound, but knew I wasn’t getting a V8.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 3.5 f150 sounds like a Mitsubishi evo

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flat motors sound glorious, Porsche more so than subarus but still good.

For me, sound wise, it's

V8>flat plane v8> flat 6> flat 4> I6> I4 > a cat stuck in a washing machine> v6
We are very close to the same love for sound......especially the cat in the washing machine! HAHAHA! My preference would be V12 straight pipe> V10 (S85 from M5)> Flat plane V8> Flat 6> V8 >I6 > I4
Sponsored