Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine failed yesterday while on a big group trail ride for Bronco Super Celebration West ( nothing like your bronco breaking while surrounded by 50-60 other 6g’s )

Now it hasn’t been confirmed it’s 100% the pump or only the pump but it’s definitely fuel related ( no pump noise )

Also Sprayed the intake with starter fluid and it fired right up.

2022 with 4200 miles
4 door
March 22 build
Was heading down a hill
3/4 tank of fuel at the time of failure

Idle RPM dropped to 500, threw A CEL ( p00c6 ) then It was done

finally off the trail after a bunch of good dudes pulled me out 31 miles off
but 200miles away from home. Ford road side only does 50 miles for towing. I’m stiffed with $800-1000 out of pocket to get it to my dealer.

might I add. I also have a cam phaser rattle at cold start up!

@Ford Motor Company I’ll need your help. This is my wife’s daily driver!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Built Fart Tough

I have AAA because they are faster and cover more, but also to include my motorcycle.

Good thing you were around plenty of help! Rough day though...

57-60db750d4edca__880.jpg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder what makes this fuel pump so u reliable. There are 3 version of this pump and yet something about the Bronco 2.7 version seems to be the only one with issues.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine failed yesterday while on a big group trail ride for Bronco Super Celebration West ( nothing like your bronco breaking while surrounded by 50-60 other 6g’s )
Sorry for your troubles, but that is when I would want it to happen. Plenty of help around to get you out. ;)
Hope it gets sorted quick for you.

I have AAA because they are faster and cover more, but also to include my motorcycle.

Good thing you were around plenty of help! Rough day though...
Yep, same. I learned to get AAA when Harley's HOG membership let me down after just renewing. Needless to say I canceled that straight away. :sneaky:

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my wife’s daily driver!
Guys at work are always inviting me to wheel at various offroad parks with my lifted XJ daily driver, and I'm always saying, "Hell no! I have to drive it to work on Monday!" LOL!

Hope you get it fixed quickly!

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very strange that the majority of trail failures have been at 3/4 full or more and going down hill. Looking at the diagram the pick up tube #21 points to the front of the vehicle which would still draw fuel when going downhill.

ML21830.png

Reactions: Cat

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder what makes this fuel pump so u reliable. There are 3 version of this pump and yet something about the Bronco 2.7 version seems to be the only one with issues.

2.7 in F-150s for years with no kaboom. Put it in the Bronc and we got kaboom. It is just a Bronco thing, ever since this whole train wreck started.

I remember the first delay in production..........

2DR floorboards being damaged in shipping. Delay 2DR production until problem solved. 2DR becomes the first constrained part.

It just seems that is the way it has been going for the Bronc, one unforeseen issue after another. :(

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please update when repaired. Specifically, I want to know if the dealer replaces the fuel pump driver along with the pump. Am interested to know if there's heat damage at the driver connector. Another member here had a failure and the dealer replaced both the driver and pump. Driver basically controls the on and off of the pump which means the pump could draw too much current when it fails which can bake the internals of the driver. Not saying this is your issue but trying to do some research for my own knowledge.

The fuel pump control module is a 30A on F4 which should blow before any damage is caused to the module but who knows if that's still true with the supply chain issues over the last couple of years.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2.7 in F-150s for years with no kaboom. Put it in the Bronc and we got kaboom. It is just a Bronco thing, ever since this whole train wreck started.
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I was looking up fuel pump part numbers, the very last digit seems to change depending on what vehicle is going into.

My point being is they the part numbers are unique to the Bronco 4 door, however that is not to say that all it is is a different size pickup and the rest is the same components....who knows.

Sponsored

Trickster

Badlands
First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Badsquatch, Lux, Cactus Gray, 1991 5.7 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Now it hasn’t been confirmed it’s 100% the pump or only the pump but it’s definitely fuel related ( no pump noise )

Also Sprayed the intake with starter fluid and it fired right up.

2022 with 4200 miles
4 door
March 22 build
Was heading down a hill
3/4 tank of fuel at the time of failure

Idle RPM dropped to 500, threw A CEL ( p00c6 ) then It was done

finally off the trail after a bunch of good dudes pulled me out 31 miles off
but 200miles away from home. Ford road side only does 50 miles for towing. I’m stiffed with $800-1000 out of pocket to get it to my dealer.

might I add. I also have a cam phaser rattle at cold start up!

@Ford Motor Company I’ll need your help. This is my wife’s daily driver!

well that is unfortunate ! Glad to hear you got out. So you said you spray starter fluid and it fired right up, was that on the trail? Or did you try that after you were towed out?

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have there been any reports of fuel pump issues with a 2.3l?

I don't think there have been but now that I actually have a production date I figure I should start paying attention :LOL:

With all the stuff going on with the 2.7 I definitely am reaffirming my choice to stick with the 2.3!

OP
OP
scojosmac

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well that is unfortunate ! Glad to hear you got out. So you said you spray starter fluid and it fired right up, was that on the trail? Or did you try that after you were towed out?
After being towed to the trailhead. But still had 17 miles of road to get to our campground.

Placerguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know if this is the same issue. But I have a 15 Transit and there was a issue with the module that runs the fuel pump. It was sending over dirty or higher voltage then what the pump could handle. I brought up to dealer face to face and they checked the system and mine didn’t have this batch but then a year later van won’t start. They said it’s a dead fuel pump and handled under California smog warranty. I was past 36k miles but under 60. Service guy remembered me amazingly, and recommended I replace some module that costs 35 dollars and they won’t charge me for labor. Transit has been rock solid before and since. At 100k now.
Sponsored