Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be interesting to see what actually fails with these pumps. Is it the motor itself or a solder joint perhaps? I once had a pump quit on an 82 Camaro right after it was installed. It worked for several minutes then just abruptly stopped. I was thinking maybe a piece of dirt got into the pump and jammed it. I had read earlier that a trick is to jump the pump with a 12v jumper and run it backward for 1 second. I tried it and guess what, the pump started working and never missed a lick after that! I think if I were out on the trail and my pump quit I would try this. Id cant hurt anything and who knows, if the pump is mechanically stuck this will free it up.
Hell maybe this would be worth a try...unless what they are saying is true and a bad pump fries the pump module as well.
Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My fuel pump left me stranded Sunday. Tank was full and I had done some high angles earlier in the day for the first time. 6k miles 2.7 WT, waiting on dealer to look at it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume that was @Razorbak86 Bronco. I talked to the tech on Friday that repaired his. He said on the bench test the wires from the driver to the pump instantly melted the wire insulation when applied power. He was surprised it didn’t burn on the trail.
That's somewhat concerning.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My fuel pump left me stranded Sunday. Tank was full and I had done some high angles earlier in the day for the first time. 6k miles 2.7 WT, waiting on dealer to look at it.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has the dealer identified that happened while on the trail?

Last edited:

Sponsored

CosmoTiki

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately, I have the cam phaser rattle on mine. Started at just 2 weeks & 1,000 miles. It's been at the dealership for 2 weeks, which involved their discussion w/ Ford's TechLine that confirmed the cam phaser diagnosis. Hopefully they'll get the last part (oil pan gasket) & get it back to me this week.
UPDATE: So after 3 weeks, I just picked up my Bronco. Per the RO, they replaced all 4 cam phasers and related bits at the direction of Ford's Tech Hotline. This required engine removal. Upon removal, the tech noted that an oil gallery seal had been installed backwards, causing oil pressure loss & damage to the cam phasers (no metal in engine or other damage noted). They re-tested after reinstall & no noise. They then let it sit overnight & again, no noise. I reconfirmed this upon pick-up & also noted that, while the underhood appearance of the 2.7 is messy from the factory (hoses & harnesses EVERYWHERE), I cannot visually tell that they removed & re-installed the engine. I must give a shout-out to Santa Margarita Ford, very professional, courteous & kept me informed throughout the 3 week repair. Fingers crossed!!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE: So after 3 weeks, I just picked up my Bronco. Per the RO, they replaced all 4 cam phasers and related bits at the direction of Ford's Tech Hotline. This required engine removal. Upon removal, the tech noted that an oil gallery seal had been installed backwards, causing oil pressure loss & damage to the cam phasers (no metal in engine or other damage noted). They re-tested after reinstall & no noise. They then let it sit overnight & again, no noise. I reconfirmed this upon pick-up & also noted that, while the underhood appearance of the 2.7 is messy from the factory (hoses & harnesses EVERYWHERE), I cannot visually tell that they removed & re-installed the engine. I must give a shout-out to Santa Margarita Ford, very professional, courteous & kept me informed throughout the 3 week repair. Fingers crossed!!!
Wow... They had to remove the entire engine just to replace the cam phasers? That blows me away. I mean I don't expect it to be like a Jeep engine or I can get to the cam phasers pretty easily, but I would have thought at a minimum maybe pull out a radiator or the front clip a bit to get clearance...but the whole engine...dang!

Interesting about the reversed seal. Kind of was hoping that all the assembly issues were at the Ford factory assembly line.

OP
OP
scojosmac

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And shes back. Took roughly 10 days from drop off to pick up. They replaced the low pressure pump in the tank and all is well. Lets hope no more issues with fuel arise.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And shes back. Took roughly 10 days from drop off to pick up. They replaced the low pressure pump in the tank and all is well. Lets hope no more issues with fuel arise.
Congrats on the successful repair! (y)

If you can, please post the tech write-up on your service invoice. (For example, this was the write-up on mine.) Thanks.

fred13

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 & 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I picked up my Bronco in San Angelo Saturday and was heading back to San Antonio and 104 miles into the trip home it died. Ford road side assistance is terrible BTW. The Bronco only has 284.4 miles. Had it towed to Kerrville and today the dealership informed me that it was the fuel pump. Also a leak in a turbo charger hose ? Hopefully it will be repaired soon. Sad that a new 2022 Bronco has so many issues.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I picked up my Bronco in San Angelo Saturday and was heading back to San Antonio and 104 miles into the trip home it died. Ford road side assistance is terrible BTW. The Bronco only has 284.4 miles. Had it towed to Kerrville and today the dealership informed me that it was the fuel pump. Also a leak in a turbo charger hose ? Hopefully it will be repaired soon. Sad that a new 2022 Bronco has so many issues.
Hello there! Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's loss of power.

Blmelite

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco , TRX, 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all!

so @Ford Motor Company my Bronco left my daughter and I stranded a few hundred miles from home in freezing temps.
Mine has now had two fuel modules in less than 4k miles no wheeling at all. Now this would make number three. Had it towed to Sanderson ford in Glendale here in AZ. It appears to be the same issue again.

2022 wildtrak 2.7 every thing minus leather.

8CFD1DDE-7C4C-4C3F-BE19-2DCA1E7782E0.jpeg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello all!

so @Ford Motor Company my Bronco left my daughter and I stranded a few hundred miles from home in freezing temps.
Mine has now had two fuel modules in less than 4k miles no wheeling at all. Now this would make number three. Had it towed to Sanderson ford in Glendale here in AZ. It appears to be the same issue again.

8CFD1DDE-7C4C-4C3F-BE19-2DCA1E7782E0.jpeg
Ugh....sorry to hear. Fuel pumps and Alternators.... both have me worried as well.

I've heard that your fuel pump AND fuel pump module should both get replaced because one going bad can damage the other.

I haven't read on here about people losing multiple pumps once those were replaced But with the Bronco Gremlins... It's definitely possible

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello all!

Ford Bronco 2.7 fuel pump failure while going downhill during group trail ride (4200 miles, March 2022 build) 8CFD1DDE-7C4C-4C3F-BE19-2DCA1E7782E0
Good morning! This certainly doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'll look into things on my end.

Blmelite

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco , TRX, 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all!

Ford Bronco 2.7 fuel pump failure while going downhill during group trail ride (4200 miles, March 2022 build) 8CFD1DDE-7C4C-4C3F-BE19-2DCA1E7782E0
Update today.

the Previous dealer who replaced the module did a shoddy Job. They left the harness loose above the rear axle on the crossmember. The tech found that the issue was a bad pin connection. Replaced and repaired that portion and problem solved.

I bought my bronco used with 3k miles they replaced the module the day prior to picking it up. the day I picked it up the cv boots exploded both sides. I was 12hrs from home because we bought our bronco in Colorado from Loveland ford. What a crap experience.

I love my bronco but a bit un easy now taking this out in the boonies and trusting it.
Sponsored