Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update today.

the Previous dealer who replaced the module did a shoddy Job. They left the harness loose above the rear axle on the crossmember. The tech found that the issue was a bad pin connection. Replaced and repaired that portion and problem solved.

I bought my bronco used with 3k miles they replaced the module the day prior to picking it up. the day I picked it up the cv boots exploded both sides. I was 12hrs from home because we bought our bronco in Colorado from Loveland ford. What a crap experience.

I love my bronco but a bit un easy now taking this out in the boonies and trusting it.

That's the number one issue with the Bronco... It all boils down to the quality and consistency of the build. There are people that have 30-40k miles on their Bronco and not a single issue, while others can't even get home from the dealer.

It is The primary reason why I'm putting on as many local miles as possible before I do anything "long". Also, I have no plans to go off-roading until I get at least 5K on the odometer. There's no guarantee, but most of the assembly line issues and covid parts seem to rear up before 5,000 miles.
Sponsored

Jgiss

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company you got another one! Broke down in the middle of AZ. Dealer is telling me nationwide backordered and parts have been pulled from shelf while waiting on a solution to become available. Nothing like waiting on the side of the road with your dog when it’s 110° out and no AC. Being told it could be months before I see my truck again. 19,000 miles, 2.7
Ford Bronco 2.7 fuel pump failure while going downhill during group trail ride (4200 miles, March 2022 build) 71209094867__B62A13EC-40B2-4C27-99B0-F47C9E320AF3
Ford Bronco 2.7 fuel pump failure while going downhill during group trail ride (4200 miles, March 2022 build) IMG_7209

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Ford Motor Company you got another one! Broke down in the middle of AZ. Dealer is telling me nationwide backordered and parts have been pulled from shelf while waiting on a solution to become available. Nothing like waiting on the side of the road with your dog when it’s 110° out and no AC. Being told it could be months before I see my truck again. 19,000 miles, 2.7
Ford Bronco 2.7 fuel pump failure while going downhill during group trail ride (4200 miles, March 2022 build) IMG_7209
What year or build date (if you have it). Seems the majority of failures were late 21 though 22 builds.

Regardless, that sucks man. And with those temps in AZ, it’s quite deadly to be left out in the middle of nowhere.

Jgiss

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What year or build date (if you have it). Seems the majority of failures were late 21 though 22 builds.

Regardless, that sucks man. And with those temps in AZ, it’s quite deadly to be left out in the middle of nowhere.
I will say I got lucky and broke down in cell service. Also lucky that I wasn’t traveling at night like I had planned on doing (traveling from Phoenix home to vegas).

I believe mine was built in 2021 and sat on the mountain waiting for chips. 2022 year model though, received April 2022

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The pump for 4 doors has been updated and it looks like there is decent stock at multiple depots. Not sure why they are telling you they can't get one. Maybe they aren't looking at the most current part number.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The pump for 4 doors has been updated and it looks like there is decent stock at multiple depots. Not sure why they are telling you they can't get one. Maybe they aren't looking at the most current part number.
Do we (And by we I mean you :cool: ) know what date they started using the newer version of the pump in the four doors? (So engine choice doesn't make a difference...just door count?)

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is the updated part number, I don't want to be stranded again in the middle of the Oregon desert?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do we (And by we I mean you :cool: ) know what date they started using the newer version of the pump in the four doors? (So engine choice doesn't make a difference...just door count?)
The part number is just now in the process of being superseded, so I don't know what date that will correspond to as far as assembly line replacement.

Also, yes. Both 2 doors share the same pump (2.3/2.7) and 4 doors share the same part number (2.3/2.7/3.0)

What is the updated part number, I don't want to be stranded again in the middle of the Oregon desert?
2 door new part number is MB3Z-9H307-Q
4 door new part number is MB3Z-9H307-R

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sort of off topic, sorry. I’m one of those nerdy engineers that likes to know how everything works. Does anyone know what Ford/Ford’s vendor revised on the new pumps? Motor, electrical connections, etc?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sort of off topic, sorry. I’m one of those nerdy engineers that likes to know how everything works. Does anyone know what Ford/Ford’s vendor revised on the new pumps? Motor, electrical connections, etc?
I have no idea and I'm totally making this up.... But I swear someone said that they changed the part number sometimes when they switch vendors. It could just be a quality issue versus a design.

Sponsored

Jgiss

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is great news, thank you so much. I’ll have to send this over to my service rep! Glad I posted here

Jgiss

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: dealer called me today very surprised saying the part was in. Got another call later saying it’s been installed and ready for pickup. Heading to AZ tomorrow to pick it up! Pretty grateful for Anderson Ford in Kingman
Sponsored