Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Jeep YJ - 2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just under 7k miles. 2.7 BL Sas. A lot of highway miles, weekly 170 mile trip each way to Northern MI (home) and daily 70 mile (highway) round trip to work. Admittedly I drive fast. Typically cruise is set around 85. I pull an average of 12-13mpg. With the small tank that is multiple fill up weekly so running 87. Have to remind myself often, did not buy it for the fuel mileage now, bought for the fun factor later.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just under 7k miles. 2.7 BL Sas. A lot of highway miles, weekly 170 mile trip each way to Northern MI (home) and daily 70 mile (highway) round trip to work. Admittedly I drive fast. Typically cruise is set around 85. I pull an average of 12-13mpg. With the small tank that is multiple fill up weekly so running 87. Have to remind myself often, did not buy it for the fuel mileage now, bought for the fun factor later.
Drop that 85 down to 75 (or 70) and you should see a decent improvement. I know it's hard to drive slower, but cruise control can help you here. Just set it and forget it and you'll get there soon enough and at a cost savings.

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get 19 in my Mustang GT 5.0L V-8 in a mix of Highway and non-highway driving.

I'd better get close to that or I won't be able to put 33" on it, lol.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I swear I read people with SAS could hit 20 mpg mark.

ECOboost my ass!

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get a chuckle when folks say they re ā€œonly gettingā€ x mpg. Then they go on to say itā€™s based on the vehicles mpg calculations ( not accurate for many reasons) , they drive it 80-85 mph, they accelerate in city driving like a Top Fuel driver, yada, yada. Guys and Gals, no vehicle is going to meet the manufacturers mpg ratings if you drive it like you stole it. Bronco, sedans, pickups, etcā€¦. All same issues.

If driving that way is ā€˜your wayā€™ then have at it; just donā€™t complain about bad mileage.

These mileage threads are often meaningless because of the variety of driving styles. If you drive with gradual acceleration ( light foot), run 5 or 10 mph less than speed limits then you ll probably get close to the EPA estimates on all vehicles. Similar to the comments about getting 80-100K out of a set of brakes; it does happen but not if you start braking only 15-20 yards from the red lights!! Those guys are the ones saying the brake pads are too soft and defective cause they had to get news pads and rotors at 17-20K !!! lol

Sponsored

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

^^^ @Fmuguira I havenā€™t got mine yet but I tend to agree with you. I typically only go 5 over the speed limit and never gun it at red lights so I fully intend to get 20+ in my 2.3 non-sas. *FINGERS CROSSED*

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ha ha I'm from England spent my life driving econocars 6.2tall 57 yrs been here 24 yrs, after test driving bronco will not even look at mpg gauge just boost.you bought this to live a little do it šŸ˜œšŸ˜šŸ‘šŸ˜‹šŸ˜†

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you drive with gradual acceleration ( light foot), run 5 or 10 mph less than speed limits then you ll probably get close to the EPA estimates on all vehicles.
God I hope not. EPA is 17! If I have to drive like the old people at sun city, I better be getting much more than EPA šŸ¤£

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m getting almost 19 mpg 2.7 non Sasquatch 2 Dr BL. Mostly highway driving at 65 mph.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2DRFE ~500mi avg 15mpg so far, mostly hwy on normal/sport some slippery/4A for snow a few times. I do like to spin the turbos every now and then.

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just crossed 6500 miles on my Badlands non sas, and for the last 2-3 tanks i've been seeing solid 17/18 calculated using Fillup phone app. Based on my data set the computer is ā‰ˆ5-10% optimistic on mpg. Before that I was averaging about 15.5mpg during the same commute. So either they rolled out the summer fuel early or I crossed some brake-in period and the mapping is more favorable.

I commute 50 miles 1 way and I tend to hold cruise at 70/75 mph. My driving style is to get to speed in a reasonable time then keep as steady of a speed as possible. I'm not driving Miss Daisy nor am I racing John Force.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swear I read people with SAS could hit 20 mpg mark.

ECOboost my ass!
Probably part of why Ford started officially pronouncing it 'echo' instead of eco. Most real human drivers will never achieve fuel savings, but it looks good in a computer simulation.

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.7 - 1900 miles and averaging 19.5-20mpgā€¦ non-sas mainly for the work commute and family to enjoy too (theyā€™re either young and short, or old and short). Better than expected and beats my old Acadia Denali by 2mpg. Iā€™m happy. šŸ˜Ž

CZYHORSVA

Black Diamond
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I came here just to read this thread. We have a 2.7 OBX and added 285 Nittos and WildTrak Wheels. We stayed between 19 and 20 for about 3500 miles and now it just keeps going down. Now we are at 8500 miles and itā€™s 18.3 today. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø