First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands SAS, I'm only at 300 miles, but averaging 17.6. I tried ECO mode, man is that untenable. Feels like you are towing a yacht.
Sponsored

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been averaging 15.5 - 16 mpg in my 2DR OBX SAS on 93 premium. Mostly short city trips and occasional interstate. I’m acaully pretty impressed with that as I normally drive very spirited.

I quit driving in sport mode as I was averaging around 12.5 - 13 mpg. In the city if feels clunky, but it’s perfect for a twisty country road where you can have a little fun. 😜

My previous vehicle, a 2004 Toyota Sequoia would average anywhere from 10 - 12.5 mpg. Anything better than that is a win! The small gas tank in the 2DR gives me about the same range I would get with a full tank in the Sequoia, so I’m conditioned for having to stop and get gas for a thirsty engine.😁

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wifes base 4 door 2.7 with 5,000 miles is 21.5 mpg .My 2 door badlands 2,7with 33s gets 19.5

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I drive strictly on the highway, relatively flat, I can get 18-19 mpg at 75ish. The lowest I have seen with our 2.7l is 16.5 MPG combined. If you drive crazy or a lot of stop and go, you will probably see below 16 MPG. Oh, we have a SAS’d BL.

OP
OP
IfIHMadeA2021Scout

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you drive it like you stole it, gas mileage will suffer 😎. The only time my ‘95 Lightning ever got over 12 was on the highway. But hey, she’s smiling so you got that!
Bingo! The post was all about the smile. The Bronco is fun to drive.

If the thing gets bad gas mileage because of the way she drives it, we're just going to have a higher gas bill because the smile is worth it.

The world is way too serious these days. People need to focus on the little things that make life fun.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like she’s driving it correctly!

Got you a good girl there.
4 Door, Badlands, Lux, 2.7.....

Our Bronco is the wife's daily driver. She drive it off the lot and I got to drive the long freeway drive home of about 100 miles. I got 17 MPG. It now has about 700 miles on it.

I got in it tonight and the history shows 11.2 MPG. I asked her if that's normal and she said yes, that's just what it gets.

I took off from a stop and put the pedal to the floor and it took off fast with a nice engine growl. I laid off it, looked at her, and noticed she had a big smile.

I asked if that is why it shows 11.2 MPG. She just said yes.

For those of you that don't have yours yet, it's worth the wait. For those that are complaining about the gas mileage, I think I know the problem.

Sebtown20

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm at 4k miles, 4d Badlands Sasquatch, been getting 17 mpg consistently... I do notice the milage is great on back roads cruising around 50 mph, drinks heaving on the freeway going 75 mph.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Haven't done hwy driving yet but around town I'm getting 16mpg or so. Only have 350 miles though so expect better once broken in. 91 octane - 4dr fe

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Our Bronco is the wife's daily driver. She drive it off the lot and I got to drive the long freeway drive home of about 100 miles. I got 17 MPG. It now has about 700 miles on it.

I got in it tonight and the history shows 11.2 MPG. I asked her if that's normal and she said yes, that's just what it gets.

I took off from a stop and put the pedal to the floor and it took off fast with a nice engine growl. I laid off it, looked at her, and noticed she had a big smile.

For those of you that don't have yours yet, it's worth the wait. For those that are complaining about the gas mileage, I think I know the problem.
Lol. It does have an unexpectedly nice growl when you give the beans.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Drive it! Good job. Gas mileage is for Prius drivers! This thing is made to drive.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

When I picked up my Bronco last Saturday, it had 58 mi on the odo and the avg mpg was 15.7. We drove it 400 miles home driving between 65-70mph and the trip computer registered 22.5 mpg with both flat and hilly terrain conditions. The in town mileage for 160+ miles this past week has been at 16.2mpg. I have a 2.7 w/4.27 gearing and the EPA rating is 18 city/20 hwy. The Avg MPG now reads 19.5 overall since it started at 0 miles. Running premium grade fuel in the tank.

Last edited:

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

My 2-Door FE, the best I can get is 12.9 MPG. Drive very light footed and no Hwy miles yet. Run 91 Chevron gas.
Sponsored