Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, forget what is "needed". Has anybody driven the 2.7 in a 2 door Sas? And how much fun is it in comparison to the 2.3?

I have only been able to drive the 2.3 in a 4 door. It seemed to be plenty, so I know it would be for the lighter 2 door. Seems like the 2.7 in the 2 door would be an absolute beast!
Sponsored

Deleted member 12876

Had my 2 door, 2.7 for about a month. It is plenty powerful and then some. I have driven the 2.3 and there is a noticeable difference, especially accelerating at highway speeds.
How’s the right off road at higher speeds, does it seem tippy or a smooth ride in the driver seat?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s not going to ride like a Land Rover, but remember it’s an off road vehicle, however, the sas package gives a surprisingly smooth ride. The independent front suspension also contributes to a great ride. It gives a “floaty” feeling at high speeds due to 35 inch wheels and the great sas suspension. It eats bumps. It is amazing

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
70 mph is planeted, zero twitch but it changes lanes quickly.
If you try you could flip it, roll it, destroy it. It is tall and short......but very stable.
Washboard roads are noticably better handled than my F150 4x4.
We drove some unimproved roads and it is sooo fun to have such a short front over hang. It handles deep ditches (drop in climb out) like my old CJ5...... which is better than a Wrangler.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't driven the 2.3 but the 2.7 in my 2dr Sasquatch Badlands has quite a bit of get up and go, it is surprisingly quick. It sounds terrible but that's just the way that turbo V6's are.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drove A 2 door Sasquatch OBX with the 2.7 and a 4 door non sasquatch OBX with the 2.3.. 2.7>2.3 all day. The Sasquatch tires eat up some of the 2.7’s juice, and I could tell it had big tires on it. I am not sure how to describe what I felt other than that it felt a little less precise and you could feel the tires give with the engine power at times. I mean, 35s are going to effect power delivery. The standard OBX driving felt more “sporty” with the smaller tires, but still felt like a dog in comparison With the 2.3. I can’t wait to drive my 2.7 OBX non sasquatch, as the 2.7 still felt a little underpowered to me in the 2 door but some of that may have just been attributed to the smaller tires. A base 2.7 2 door probably hauls.

Edit to add: “Last Ride Bronco’s” description of the 35s giving a bit of a floaty feeling is a good description of what I experienced as well. I am however coming from sportier cars, not trucks, and still didn’t find it shocking at all. It was actually better than I thought, just a feeling I wasn’t as used to.

ThrvinBronco

First Edition
First Name
JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco , 2019 f250, 2014 f350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I run 36 psi and I’ve never felt floaty on the highway. Coming from a four dr Jeep on 3-1/2 lift and 35’s this feels way more planted than the Jeep ever did in turns

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run 36 psi and I’ve never felt floaty on the highway. Coming from a four dr Jeep on 3-1/2 lift and 35’s this feels way more planted than the Jeep ever did in turns
Ford Bronco 2.7 in a 2 door Sasquatch?? dQdhNBX
Sponsored