First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was a good gain. Something we have never seen on a EcoBoost vehicle before.
I think that many have already noticed how restrictive the Intake tube (not the air box) is on the 2.3 which is why we are getting decent gains on CAI's that offer an intake tube.

I would love to see some more dyno numbers for the K&N CAI on the 2.3. K&N's posted dyno is 11HP and 10TQ vs. the 25HP and 20TQ (noted above).

I recently added the Ford Performance Calibration and I happy with the combination of the two. If the dyno numbers are true, I should be getting 340HP and 395TQ at the crank...which my butt dyno tends to agree with. ;-)

It will be interesting what numbers we can get with the 2.3 with simple bolt-ons: CAI, charge pipes, intercooler, full-exhaust and a some sort of off the shelf tune.

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one installed on my 2.7. Yes it increases HP and torque for sure, exact quantities are documented. It reduces intake air restriction which simply put reduces load on the suck side. The gain may not be crazy but there is a gain. More is better, right? Here is my opinion on the only two downsides to the K&N. 1. Based on the design, I dont feel like it has a better or equal water baffle over the stock unit which I dont care about since my truck is a truck not a submarine. 2. it does have an opening to the engine bay and air will pull from the path of least resistance which results in the engine getting engine bay air where the stock unit is sealed and pulls air from the grill area. None the less, there is a gain, I wanted gains so I have the K&N CAI.

Reactions: rws

Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This sold me on the K&N CAI:

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This sold me on the K&N CAI:

That video alone sold me on the K&N CAI. I will be installing the K&N CAI, K&N Charge Pipe, and the Ford Performance ProCal4 this coming week. I am excited to see what kind of difference it will make.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That video alone sold me on the K&N CAI. I will be installing the K&N CAI, K&N Charge Pipe, and the Ford Performance ProCal4 this coming week. I am excited to see what kind of difference it will make.
Let’s us know what you think and how it goes👍

Sponsored

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dad and I installed the K&N CAI, K&N Charge Pipe, and the Ford Performance ProCal4 performance calibration today and I will say it was definitely worth it. There is a noticeable difference in performance and I can hear the turbo spool up which is an added bonus. In total it took us roughly 3 hours, but we were taking our time.

I am glad I did the CAI and charge pipe at the same time. The install was fairly easy and straight forward. However, I strongly recommend you buy a pair of flexible hose clamp pliers if you do not own a pair. This was a life save whenever we had to install the new hose to the passenger side turbo.

Reactions: rws