Bronchiosaurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming that the 2.7L in the Bronco is the same as the one they have been putting in the F-150 and over that time it has gotten some proven bolt-on mods. So what/where can I start? Stage 1, 2, 3, and 4. Reputable brands, parts, where to get them? I'm looking at boosting the power, no pun intended when I pick up my Bronco.
Sponsored

BB Tunes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know COBB offers bolt-on parts for the 2.7L Ecoboost. I don't think they offer tunes for it though. Guess we will have to see if the parts they have for the 2.7L will even fit on the Bronco.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming that the 2.7L in the Bronco is the same as the one they have been putting in the F-150 and over that time it has gotten some proven bolt-on mods. So what/where can I start? Stage 1, 2, 3, and 4. Reputable brands, parts, where to get them? I'm looking at boosting the power, no pun intended when I pick up my Bronco.
Just get a tune and call it a day...
I wouldn't waste money on anything else except maybe a reusable air filter. Best bang for the $$ in a turbo car by FAR!

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just get a tune and call it a day...
I wouldn't waste money on anything else except maybe a reusable air filter. Best bang for the $$ in a turbo car by FAR!
I'm an idiot. please explain.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe Ford Performance has said they will be offering Ford approved modifications for the Bronco. Their current catalog is online and it gives you a pretty good idea of what they have offered in the past, including tuner chips that are covered by warranty. Also, the Bronco is meant to be very customizable and Ford says it wants to sell you those customizations. I would expect there is a lot of options. This will make the customization options on a Mini Cooper look small. It will also make Bronco gatherings interesting as we look at what each other have done.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Ford Performance has said they will be offering Ford approved modifications for the Bronco. Their current catalog is online and it gives you a pretty good idea of what they have offered in the past, including tuner chips that are covered by warranty. Also, the Bronco is meant to be very customizable and Ford says it wants to sell you those customizations. I would expect there is a lot of options. This will make the customization options on a Mini Cooper look small. It will also make Bronco gatherings interesting as we look at what each other have done.
They are starting over 200 accessories to start for you to empty your wallet on. That sounds pretty promising.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm an idiot. please explain.
A tune? You'll buy a hand-held device and a "over the air tune". Livernois makes some fast Ford products. Similar to this....
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/mycalibrator-tuners

Search... They might already have a 2.3 and 2.7 motor tune.
But basicslly, it leans out your fuel a little, plays with the timing and throttle control and likely adds a bit more boost.
You can usually get a 93 octane tune or a 89 octane tune or anything in-between. You log a WOT pull, email it to them, and they'll look at it and see if there are any issues or areas they can maybe improve...
BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A tune? You'll buy a hand-held device and a "over the air tune". Livernois makes some fast Ford products. Similar to this....
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/mycalibrator-tuners

Search... They might already have a 2.3 and 2.7 motor tune.
But basicslly, it leans out your fuel a little, plays with the timing and throttle control and likely adds a bit more boost.
You can usually get a 93 octane tune or a 89 octane tune or anything in-between. You log a WOT pull, email it to them, and they'll look at it and see if there are any issues or areas they can maybe improve...
BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!
Again, my apologies...idiot here. Are the air filter and the tune linked in some way?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5 star also makes really nice tunes for Ecoboost. I have one for my 3.5 F-150 and it's sweet!! I will be looking for one as soon as they make one for the Bronco.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, my apologies...idiot here. Are the air filter and the tune linked in some way?
An engine tune is 100% software. But if you throw a couple of bolt ons at it like filter or cat delete, your tuner can recalibrate for that. If that's what you pay for. Some lesser companies may only give you 1 tune with no further adjustments. Or other companies may offer you a stage kit, for example. Like a tune and air filter package or high flow exhaust bundled with it ??

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are not linked. He was taking about a reusable air filter like K&N which can replace your stock air filter and allow greater air flow into the engine which improves combustion and adds horsepower. Air filter and tune will be done separately.
thank you

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tuning to start. To make big power, larger turbos, bigger intercooler. Be patient and wait, let the Tuning companies work on this and test it. I wouldn't jump the gun and get the first tune available. Wait and see a few different companies come to market.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
5 star also makes really nice tunes for Ecoboost. I have one for my 3.5 F-150 and it's sweet!! I will be looking for one as soon as they make one for the Bronco.
Beat me to it!
Sponsored