Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tuning to start. To make big power, larger turbos, bigger intercooler. Be patient and wait, let the Tuning companies work on this and test it. I wouldn't jump the gun and get the first tune available. Wait and see a few different companies come to market.
And for me, wait until the warranty is over (if the parts could void the warranty)

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm assuming that the 2.7L in the Bronco is the same as the one they have been putting in the F-150 and over that time it has gotten some proven bolt-on mods. So what/where can I start? Stage 1, 2, 3, and 4. Reputable brands, parts, where to get them? I'm looking at boosting the power, no pun intended when I pick up my Bronco.
I'm going the Hennessey route for performance upgrades. They did the performance upgrades on my brother's F-150

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will be watching for a tune, really depends on how much timing/boost Ford is leaving on the table with these. If they offer a factory warrantied tune like VW does with APR+ i'll be all over it.

Sponsored

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m plasty-dipping the silver Bronco emblem on the back ... that’s at least a 5hp increase. ?

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

highertechnology

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you even driven the 2.7?? If not take one out for a spin in an F-150. You may find it to be fine the way it is. I had zero issues with the power in mine.
I hope this is the case but I have a 3.5 ECO in a F150 which is why I feel like I may need some extra pep.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A tune? You'll buy a hand-held device and a "over the air tune". Livernois makes some fast Ford products. Similar to this....
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/mycalibrator-tuners

Search... They might already have a 2.3 and 2.7 motor tune.
But basicslly, it leans out your fuel a little, plays with the timing and throttle control and likely adds a bit more boost.
You can usually get a 93 octane tune or a 89 octane tune or anything in-between. You log a WOT pull, email it to them, and they'll look at it and see if there are any issues or areas they can maybe improve...
BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!
I am all for tuning, and lots of great places to go, but stay Far Far away from Livernois. They will tell you what you want to hear when purchasing there products, but if you have any issues they will run away so fast, and blame you the owner. I bought a built motor from them, when it failed turned out they didn't put in what I paid for, used head studs that were to long, so they just threw extra washers to make up the distance. The compression was supposed to be 9.5 to 1 but they sent me a 11.5 to I motor, I paid for a billet timing chain gear, they put in a powdered metal gear.

Then they told me it wasn't there fault the timing chain gear failed and they wouldn't help me out at all. SO stay away from them as they won't stand behind anything they do

Sponsored

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lots of way to upgrade the power on the 2.7 twin turbo ecoboost.

We will have down pipes, both catted and catless
we will have better charge pipes
Even bigger turbos
And you will have to get a better exhaust
better intake to hear more turbo noises
A tune will be a must

None of this is terribly expensive except for maybe the bigger turbos

Too bad they never made the 2.7 liter flex fuel, but there are tuners i think who have E85 kits for this motor but you might not need it...a good 93 octane tune will probably be fine.

I see some tuners have gotten this motor over 550 HP to the wheels...so anything is possible here.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tune
Intercooler
Downpipes

Should be all I need if I decide to go beyond stock. Especially if flex fuel is an option.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are not linked. He was taking about a reusable air filter like K&N which can replace your stock air filter and allow greater air flow into the engine which improves combustion and adds horsepower. Air filter and tune will be done separately.
Most will suggest a retune after modifying any part of your engine. You’ll want to maximize that increased airflow. I watched a video on the 2.3 with a tune and the HP/Torque numbers were noticeable but the 0-60 increased by almost 2 seconds. Just the best way to get the most out of your motor.

Ballcuzzi

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru.. reserved Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ported turbo upgrade, Downpipes, intercooler, intake, and a good tune.. easily upwards of 500whp and 500wtq.

My goal is to have this accomplished soon after delivery of my Wildtrak.

Here is all you need to know:

Sponsored