bahasad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2017 Nissan Rogue, Yamaha R3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going to go Ford Performance or possibly Cobb. Goal is 325-350 HP, and around 450 lb-ft of torque, with a warranty. Should not be difficult.

When I had an Ecoboost Mustang, I found that the stock intercooler was kind of weak when I ran a Cobb tune and would get heat soaked. I am not planning on running the Bronco like that car, but I definitely see that as an opportunity area.
Tune + intake to get nice turbo noises.

No downpipes for me, since I live in an area with emissions and too much of a hassle dealing with the catless ones.

Have been running a Ford Power Pack 2 on my 5.0 mustang for the last 3 years and it's been good, even though am about to ditch it for a Procharger.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Going to go Ford Performance or possibly Cobb. Goal is 325-350 HP, and around 450 lb-ft of torque, with a warranty. Should not be difficult.

When I had an Ecoboost Mustang, I found that the stock intercooler was kind of weak when I ran a Cobb tune and would get heat soaked. I am not planning on running the Bronco like that car, but I definitely see that as an opportunity area.
Tune + intake to get nice turbo noises.

No downpipes for me, since I live in an area with emissions and too much of a hassle dealing with the catless ones.

Have been running a Ford Power Pack 2 on my 5.0 mustang for the last 3 years and it's been good, even though am about to ditch it for a Procharger.
Running cat-less down pipes is pointless on a street vehicle, yet so many do it on these newer vehicles.
I've had the Cobb catted downpipe, with factory O2 sensors, on my Sti for 9 years and have never had it throw an error once. (I'm pretty much the only modified Sti in my local area that still has a cat, and I still surprise those that don't have one and think they're better/faster)

I'm pretty sure SPD performance will come out with a catted down pipe for the Bronco eventually, and I'll probably go that route with different cat-back exhaust.

It's not going to happen right away, so I'm going to wait and see what companies like Rousch, Saleen, Ford and others will offer as far as 'packages' go.

I've never been able to leave anything I own stock ( I blame growing up in a 60's muscle car influenced family on both parents sides), so it's going to happen.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Running cat-less down pipes is pointless on a street vehicle, yet so many do it on these newer vehicles.
More opinion than fact. By that measure all of these mods are “pointless”.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ended up with 330/415 straight from the factory!

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

EPA is cracking down hard on companies providing Catless downpipes and tuning that disables the catalytic converter monitors (so it won’t throw a MIL). It’s going to become hard to find those in the coming years. I will keep my cats as it’s a daily driver and don’t want to be smelling exhaust when top and doorless on the trails. I just put a cat on my 67 for the same reason. I want more power, but for a daily, it’s not “every little gain possible”.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More opinion than fact. By that measure all of these mods are “pointless”.
Are all mods pointless? It depends on the person's point of view.

To me they aren't, but I'm also one of those that doesn't go over-board or all-out.

If you are referring to my statement of cat-less downpipes being pointless on street vehicles as 'opinion', it's not opinion.
People are free to believe what they want and I'm not going try and change their minds.

Also, why I said it is because there's a big misconception on power gains from downpipe replacement and the fact that the EPA is cracking down on that type of mod.

Why the gain is/can be as big as it is is that more often, than not, the increased flow at the mouth because of flow restriction elimination, and the increased pipe diameter.

The factory pellet type cats aren't the best flowing, but the current ones are much, much better than they were 10+ years ago. There have also been dyno tests that showed barely a 5hp gain when switching from an Aftermarket catted downpipe to a catless one.

There are also businesses/companies like COBB, who are currently working on the newest generation of Aftermarket catted downpipes, using GESi cats, and aiming for a CARB exemption on them.

GESi product page

wileecoyote

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Mustang GT, 19 Raptor, 21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went Cobb and a Mishimoto Intercooler on my Gen 2 Raptor. Woke it up bigtime. When the Bronco arrives, I'll wait to see what Cobb has to offer. They take a while to get to it, but it's worth it.