Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest upgrade will be intercooler in you are into slow off roading. My Focus ST stock intercooler would heat soak so quickly I could feel it pulling power in the summertime. Swapped to a larger intercooler and watched the live data on my COBB tuner and it stayed 20-30 deg cooler than my stock intercooler.
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know what I’m doing yet, but I plan on doing something. I just don’t want to screw up my warranty or engine. So I’ll be taking my time to see what the best and most reliable options are. Ford offered tunes and parts my be my go to. This will most likely be the most expensive route though.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know what I’m doing yet, but I plan on doing something. I just don’t want to screw up my warranty or engine. So I’ll be taking my time to see what the best and most reliable options are. Ford offered tunes and parts my be my go to. This will most likely be the most expensive route though.
Thats the path I’m taking. Just going to be patient and see what Ford Performance releases to stay within warranty and have that peace of mind everything was engineered to function together well.

Deleted member 3063

Biggest upgrade will be intercooler in you are into slow off roading. My Focus ST stock intercooler would heat soak so quickly I could feel it pulling power in the summertime. Swapped to a larger intercooler and watched the live data on my COBB tuner and it stayed 20-30 deg cooler than my stock intercooler.
Did the larger inter cooler cause any more turbo lag? Stands to reason that you'd need to compress a larger volume with the bigger cooler.

Personally wouldn't change the cooler volume unless a bigger turbo required it. On the other hand a cooler made with aluminum vs plastic for heat and better flow characteristics sounds good to me.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the larger inter cooler cause any more turbo lag? Stands to reason that you'd need to compress a larger volume with the bigger cooler.

Personally wouldn't change the cooler volume unless a bigger turbo required it. On the other hand a cooler made with aluminum vs plastic for heat and better flow characteristics sounds good to me.
Not along with the tune that made the boost come on earlier. I had a JST custom tune and he tuned it for full boost with that little twin scroll at 2200 rpms but it fell flat on its face at 5800 rpms. You had to drive it like a diesel but it hit hard down low.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I don't know that I'd trust a canned mail order tune but that's popular with a lot of people. We send one along with our supercharger kits that will get you up and running reliably. They're definitely on the safe side for obvious reasons. A good tuner plugged directly into your ride can't be beat to get the most out of any setup. There are manufacturing variations even in stock vehicles. That being said, I'll have the guys at work tune my Bronco if we do decide to offer an intercooler upgrade for the Bronco like we do the Raptor.

D K

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
intercooler, tune - probably close to +100hp

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Blacking our everything easily adds 10hp and increase articulation. It’s a fact.
dont forget to add a red “R” to the back, instant 700+ hp for sure.?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
dont forget to add a red “R” to the back, instant 700+ hp for sure.?
lets not forget, if you add truck nuts you will have “you know what’s” to use that extra 700hp.

3600CB5F-7E40-436D-89CB-8B2E766CF5F6.jpeg

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe Ford Performance has said they will be offering Ford approved modifications for the Bronco. Their current catalog is online and it gives you a pretty good idea of what they have offered in the past, including tuner chips that are covered by warranty. Also, the Bronco is meant to be very customizable and Ford says it wants to sell you those customizations. I would expect there is a lot of options. This will make the customization options on a Mini Cooper look small. It will also make Bronco gatherings interesting as we look at what each other have done.
Got to keep up with the Jones's LOL

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hennessey is already talking about mods, and they’re my preferred vendor. They may be delayed due to the OTA software though.

Whipple has a kit for the F150 with a bigger cooler, intake and tune. They have a drop down for the Bronco on the site as well.

I think just about every major performance company will get in on this.

The biggest hurdle for tuners, in my opinion, will be the OTA encryption. Maybe Ford will be nice and give them a crack or something

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Co-worker took me around the block in his F150 w the 2.7. I was amazed. It felt as good as the 3.5 eco in the wife’s expedition. I did a simple SWAG analysis based on the above and the naturally aspirated 3.5 in my Explorer. The Explorer motor comes in at 295 HP and is mostly adequate. The 2.7 comes in at 305 HP, so I wouldn’t want any less. What’s that? The 2.7 has between 150 to 200 more ft. Lbs. of torque? Hell yea!! I’m in.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So help me out, I have been and tuning cars for 40 years. All of it mostly to get HP and lower 1/4 times. Gains in HP for me in the new Bronco will be useless. What upgrades have you guys seen with the EcoBoost really affect low end grunt. Torque.

May be a moot point because I think 400lbft will be plenty.