First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just picked up my Outer Banks with the 2.7 engine, LOVE IT! Plan to tow it behind my RV but I know of the issues regarding the electronic brake booster (TSB 22-2210). After looking at the plumbing on the electronic brake booster I am confused on where to tap into the system. Has anyone installed a supplemental brake system (permanent mount) such as the Demco Stay and Play or Roadmaster Invisibrake? If so could you post a picture of where you attached the vacuum line? Could you give some suggestions on the install?
Thank you!
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just picked up my Outer Banks with the 2.7 engine, LOVE IT! Plan to tow it behind my RV but I know of the issues regarding the electronic brake booster (TSB 22-2210). After looking at the plumbing on the electronic brake booster I am confused on where to tap into the system. Has anyone installed a supplemental brake system (permanent mount) such as the Demco Stay and Play or Roadmaster Invisibrake? If so could you post a picture of where you attached the vacuum line? Could you give some suggestions on the install?
Thank you!
That is the PROBLEM there is not any vacuum boost on the 2.7 engine. It is all electronic.

Have you read this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/flat-tow-2-7l-electric-brake-bms-time-out-nthsa-claim.36496/

There are several more threads about this issue.

OP
OP

Fishintale

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have seen this thread but since its dated long before the TSB 22-2210 came out I assumed this solved the problem, at least until a software update comes out....supposedly this month.
I was unaware that there is no vacuum boost to attach to on the EBB. YIKES! Could it be that Bronco owners with the 2.7 are using a stand alone (interior mounted in front of the seat) supplemental brake system. I don't think these are dependent upon a vacuum line and assuming the EBB stays on with the above TSB followed it should work properly??

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have seen this thread but since its dated long before the TSB 22-2210 came out I assumed this solved the problem, at least until a software update comes out....supposedly this month.
I was unaware that there is no vacuum boost to attach to on the EBB. YIKES! Could it be that Bronco owners with the 2.7 are using a stand alone (interior mounted in front of the seat) supplemental brake system. I don't think these are dependent upon a vacuum line and assuming the EBB stays on with the above TSB followed it should work properly??
This is what I posted a couple of weeks ago:
With the 2.7 engine and following the TSB (which will keep the boost off until the fuses are put back in) you will not have any electric brake boost.
Your brake system must supply enough brake pedal pressure without any boost to cause some braking action at the wheels.
Still do not know what the Ford fix will be. Hope there will be a way to keep the electric boost on all the time. I have the Brake Buddy Stealth system on my Bronco and it needs the boost on to work properly.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m using a permanently mounted Demco Air Force 1 brake system with my 2.7 but this only works if your RV is a diesel rig with air brakes. There are other solutions that’ll work with the 2.7 and I know a few were mentioned in those threads Grant posted a link to but I don’t recall the names or brands of the systems. I do know the guys at Demco are very helpful and now understand the 2.7 requirements so a call to them on Monday would likely provide answers to your questions.

Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another clarification the electronic boost stays on for 20 to 30 minutes after the doors are closed then goes off. So it is impossible to set up a brake system because the required brake pedal pressure changes when the boost goes off.
This is what the TSB attempts to take care of.

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another clarification the electronic boost stays on for 20 to 30 minutes after the doors are closed then goes off. So it is impossible to set up a brake system because the required brake pedal pressure changes when the boost goes off.
This is what the TSB attempts to take care of.
These are all the reasons we decided to switch from the 2.7 to the 2.3 engine as I was not interested in waiting for a fix from Ford, own a Ranger with the 2.3 and it has plenty of power and after Ford changed to still offer the Sasquatch package with the 2.3 we dropped the 2.7.
Brian
Sponsored