Sponsored

(2.7) OBX with or W/O Sasquatch for mostly Hwy use.

OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14,15,16,17,18,18,19,20 GMC 1500 Crew. 13 BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
McKees rocks!? Last time I was up there I almost became another statistic. What's your favorite hoagie shop? Jimmy johns, DiBella's, or Bob's?
Doughboys. Order the "Juggernaut". And obviously, unless you're going to the strip club, don't go at night. LOL.
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I use the locker or not, this is a Bronco, ordering one without a locker feels "Un American" to me. And if I was buying a used one, I would want the locker spec'ed from the factory.
I’m getting my Bronco without a locker. I’m a military veteran and I doubt anyone thinks I am Un-American...

I’m not criticizing your build, per se, but your stated use says you want a Bronco that goes 90 mph, then you say you are turning down 3.73 gears in favor of 4.7 just to get a locker that you admit you don’t need. If you don’t want to listen to sound advice, why even create this thread ?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m getting my Bronco without a locker. I’m a military veteran and I doubt anyone thinks I am in-American...

I’m not criticizing your build, per se, but your stated use says you want a Bronco that goes 90 mph, then you say you are turning down 3.73 gears in favor of 4.7 just to get a locker that you admit you don’t need. If you don’t want to listen to sound advice, why even create this thread ?
Thank you for your service. Poor choice of words on my part. I don’t want the 4.7 or 35’s. I just want it to be as capable as it looks while being able do comfortably handle my normal driving speeds. If the 3.73 had a locker this thread would have been about the 3.73 or the 4.27.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe get an F-150 instead, you can get a 3.31 with a locker. Much better suited for your application.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe get an F-150 instead, you can get a 3.31 with a locker. Much better suited for your application.
Like the rest of us, he wants a bronco with off road chops we can boast about around the water cooler. Can probably be looped into the "better to have and not need than to need and not have" mentality. For sure though, the big tires, lift, and high ratio is certainly going to bug him. I foresee this being in the used car market in less than a year

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Resale value won't matter. You will pay more up front, take a bigger depreciation hit, and sell it for more later. It's probably a wash.

Based on your intended use, I'd say skip Sasquatch.

OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like the rest of us, he wants a bronco with off road chops we can boast about around the water cooler. Can probably be looped into the "better to have and not need than to need and not have" mentality. For sure though, the big tires, lift, and high ratio is certainly going to bug him. I foresee this being in the used car market in less than a year
Probably pretty close unless I love it! I’ve been averaging around 8 months for the last 8 trucks. I equip and buy them correctly so that they don’t lose $. Just like the last truck, this will have around 20k on it.
Paying list this time will make it trickier but I don’t think the market on these will level out until sometime in the back half of 2023.
I unloaded the last truck in July and made a few grand over what I payed for it new thanks to the market demand. And you’re right, I will be using this bad boy as something to talk about. Sadly, the water cooler days won’t be back for a while.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 150 the way I’d want it is $10k more than this for a 2 wheel drive. That’s Ridiculous. At that price, I might as well wait for the Tundra redesign.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably pretty close unless I love it! I’ve been averaging around 8 months for the last 8 trucks. I equip and buy them correctly so that they don’t lose $. Just like the last truck, this will have around 20k on it.
Paying list this time will make it trickier but I don’t think the market on these will level out until sometime in the back half of 2023.
I unloaded the last truck in July and made a few grand over what I payed for it new thanks to the market demand. And you’re right, I will be using this bad boy as something to talk about. Sadly, the water cooler days won’t be back for a while.
The wildtrack is basically an obx upgraded with the premium off road options. Plus the special decals. I guess the difference comes down to interior preference. More driver modes too. Probably better resell value ratio than the obx. Nemacolin has some little off roading trails I bet you can take the bronco on. Down by the Yough and Ohiopyle area.

OP
OP

Jcims27

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The wildtrack is basically an obx upgraded with the premium off road options. Plus the special decals. I guess the difference comes down to interior preference. More driver modes too. Probably better resell value ratio than the obx. Nemacolin has some little off roading trails I bet you can take the bronco on. Down by the Yough and Ohiopyle area.
I’ve hosted a Rover event there before. It’s a cool place. Way out of my league $ wise. The only mud this thing will probably see from me will be on a farm in South Texas. Maybe a ranch down there on my way onto a gas plant

Adam H

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm one of the very few it seems that will have hardly any off road time, and I use my vehicle (about 15K/YR) for work. I'm planning on an 4 door OBX, stock wheel/tire size. I simply wanted a mid sized full chassis rig that wasn't a P/U truck. I may hit a few trails in the future, but just fire road stuff at the most.

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm one of the very few it seems that will have hardly any off road time, and I use my vehicle (about 15K/YR) for work. I'm planning on an 4 door OBX, stock wheel/tire size. I simply wanted a mid sized full chassis rig that wasn't a P/U truck. I may hit a few trails in the future, but just fire road stuff at the most.
People forget about the size. We don't all want giant vehicles. Today's 1/2 tons are the same size as 10x more capable 3/4 and 1 tons. They are designed to be run empty for the most part (except for that .0001% of max tow / payload special orders and plain jane work trucks).

Thanks to idiotic CAFE restrictions and the way the system was designed under the previous administrations 'car czar' in the early 2010s ...bigger footprint allows a manufacturer to have a lower mpg for that model. So stupid.
Sponsored