Sponsored

2.7 Sasquatch with manual , will that dream come true ?

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like a lot of others on here I am set on a Sasquatch 2 door , manual . I would much rather have the 2.7 with a Sasquatch manual . My believe is that will not happen until if or when they beef up the manual to handle the torque put out by the 6 banger. Anyone hear of any plans for doing such ? If not , maybe if they get enough requests on here and other sites .I am thinking this could happen when the Raptor comes out. If they put a 3.0 or 3.5 it will likely be in front of a 10 speed auto.If they do offer a Raptor with a stick it would have to be a heavier duty box , hope they get enough demand for the manual.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My believe is that will not happen until if or when they beef up the manual to handle the torque put out by the 6 banger.
The manual is a slightly modified version of the manual in the Mustang, which comes with the Coyote 5.0. Note that the Coyote is rated at higher torque than the 2.7 eco-boost.

The idea that the manual can't handle the torque of the 2.7 is highly misplaced.

Suposedly the bell housings are different which somehow prevents them mating the 2.7 to the manual.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It should and can happen. The getrag unit is scaleable to 590lbft. Whatever that means.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not going to happen. It's a miracle we even have it with the 2.3.

It should and can happen. The getrag unit is scaleable to 590lbft. Whatever that means.
Curious wording isn't it? Are they saying they use Chinesium parts in the lower rated versions but you can upgrade to steel?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not going to happen. It's a miracle we even have it with the 2.3.

Curious wording isn't it? Are they saying they use Chinesium parts in the lower rated versions but you can upgrade to steel?
Well I read on a spec sheet awhile back the automatic was rated for 4 hundred and some change torque and the 7 speed was rated for just under 4 hundred , so it made sense to me they would not want to match the 7 with a 6 banger , pushing the limits of the stick .Will have to dig up specs and check it out , saw specs back before bronco was first available to order.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The real question is "would it be manual Bronco after 2022?"

OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
The real question is "would it be manual Bronco after 2022?"
Yeh , us old guys like the stick , unfortunately autos are the norm these days .Loved my 65 mustang Shelby top loader , crash box with low gears .302 , 351 w heads ported and polished , 12.5 to 1 pistons uncut , 5 .5 lift comp cam , polished tunnel ram , two 500 cfm Carter comp carbs , roller rockers , shot peened rods , sps bolts beamed and polished rods and , nitrated crank shaft , oil chamfered oil holes , alcohol injected , 456 full posi mini spool , Shelby original roll bar. Lakewood scattershield, 9 inch rear-end, underride Shelby ladder bars , dropped front suspension , center lines , aluminum engine compartment , battery in trunk ,pony interior with lightweight custom backseat set up , dark metallic midnight blue etc .... street driven daily , bulletproof drive train, man I miss that car ,it was a rocket .Back then the ninja motor cycle came out , 80s some time , raced one at Fremont drag strip , took the bike off the line , he finally caught me in third gear , tough to beat a bike , would have been a little closer if I ran nitrous .The good old days are gone , cheap gas and bad as muscle cars. Over 400 ponys , low gears airplane fuel and a 2,800 lb launched at 7,200 rpm's
car was a blast .Of course nothing now days to make 400+ pony's

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'll get a full electric Bronco, before you'll see a manual on anything but the base I4. Don't hold out any hopes, abandon them and get what you can get now.

OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeh , us old guys like the stick , unfortunately autos are the norm these days .Loved my 65 mustang Shelby top loader , crash box with low gears .302 , 351 w heads ported and polished , 12.5 to 1 pistons uncut , 5 .5 lift comp cam , polished tunnel ram , two 500 cfm Carter comp carbs , roller rockers , shot peened rods , sps bolts beamed and polished rods and , nitrated crank shaft , oil chamfered oil holes , alcohol injected , 456 full posi mini spool , Shelby original roll bar. Lakewood scattershield, 9 inch rear-end, underride Shelby ladder bars , dropped front suspension , center lines , aluminum engine compartment , battery in trunk ,pony interior with lightweight custom backseat set up , dark metallic midnight blue etc .... street driven daily , bulletproof drive train, man I miss that car ,it was a rocket .Back then the ninja motor cycle came out , 80s some time , raced one at Fremont drag strip , took the bike off the line , he finally caught me in third gear , tough to beat a bike , would have been a little closer if I ran nitrous .The good old days are gone , cheap gas and bad as muscle cars. Over 400 ponys , low gears airplane fuel and a 2,800 lb launched at 7,200 rpm's
car was a blast .Of course nothing now days to make 400+ pony's
Old picture , but here she is 😪 miss her , traded for a ford 3/4 ton 4x4 and a 56 Willis jeep .My x wife was scared to death to ride in it , sat for several years , cleaned it up , had to change out carbs ,it fired right up and still hauled ass , hope she is still alive , the car I mean ,lol .

20211023_223738.jpg

Sponsored

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'll get a full electric Bronco, before you'll see a manual on anything but the base I4. Don't hold out any hopes, abandon them and get what you can get now.
The sad thing is a whole lotta truth in this.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't need a new car this year, but I did not want to miss out on a 2dr Manual Bronco. Had to make it happen. I can almost smell my Window Sticker.

OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeh , pretty much doing that , base 2.3 squatched 7 , speed , roof rails , keyless entry , overhead consol pre-wired switches , form fit liners and mats , carbon Grey ,unless Green is dark enough for my liking when I see one .Should have time to change colors if I like green , was going with anti matter blue , that's out now .

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Manual with the v6 would of been nice. The only reason Ford offers the manual is because Jeep offers it. Otherwise this discussion wouldn't be happening. So, get the manual while you can.

OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeh , pretty much doing that , base 2.3 squatched 7 , speed , roof rails , keyless entry , overhead consol pre-wired switches , form fit liners and mats , carbon Grey ,unless Green is dark enough for my liking when I see one .Should have time to change colors if I like green , was going with anti matter blue , that's out now .
Me either ,really should be ordering a maverick hybrid , could use a commuter work truck with current gas prices .Need something next year , since my 2015 f150 4x4 supercrew xlt has 255k miles on my 5.0 coyote.The truck still runs great , no issues , never been in the shop , not even a light bulb replacement , brakes , tires and routine maintenance only , truck is a workhorse .Always wanted and old bronco to restore , lots of work and wrenching I am not So crazy about these days , a new comfortable bronco sounds like the best bet .Really wish they had a 5.0 model available, always worry about turbo issues ,though I know they much more reliable these days , expensive if they go out though , and engine compartment is quite full of crap .
Sponsored