Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a couple of codes come up going up long stretch of hill going about 75 mph ....Bronco went into limited power mode.

Took to dealer and results came in and fixed.

the Charge Air Cooler Hose was barely attached to the Charge Air Cooler Pipe..so it was basically sucking air.

Good news is I thought the Bronco had really great power, but now that I have full boost...wow!

Can’t wait to see if it helps on miles per gallon.

Ford Bronco 2.7 Underboost condition ..please check the Charge Air Cooler Hose connection 9C12C0AC-6585-49AF-8FD1-5E977FF423A2
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a couple of codes come up going up long stretch of hill going about 75 mph ....Bronco went into limited power mode.

the Charge Air Cooler Hose was barely attached to the Charge Air Cooler Pipe..so it was basically sucking air.

Good news is I thought the Bronco had really great power, but now that I have full boost...wow!

9C12C0AC-6585-49AF-8FD1-5E977FF423A2.jpeg

Probably wasn’t ever really connected properly. Did you hear a big bang coming from under the hood? When I blew an intercooler hose on my F-350 it was so loud I just about jumped out of my skin.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

could be ..I never noticed it ..looked at the engine a couple dozen times

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably wasn’t ever really connected properly. Did you hear a big bang coming from under the hood? When I blew an intercooler hose on my F-350 it was so loud I just about jumped out of my skin.
no..not that I recall but I might have had the music up loud a couple times

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was your mpg before? I’ve been below 17 average the whole time and wondering why I’m worse than advertised.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.7 Underboost condition ..please check the Charge Air Cooler Hose connection 9C12C0AC-6585-49AF-8FD1-5E977FF423A2
Is this the air charge hose that's being used to hold the coolant hose away from the pulleys? Asking for a friend đź‘€

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm… I guess that’s the difference in boost pressure of 12 psi in the Stealth, 18 psi in the Bronco and 38 psi in the 6.4.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is it with stuff under the hood not being properly secured at the factory? Glad you were able to get it fixed. (y)

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you describe where the Charge Air Cooler Hose and Pipe are? Maybe take a pic? Is it easily accessible; can we find this issue during delivery acceptance?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you describe where the Charge Air Cooler Hose and Pipe are? Maybe take a pic? Is it easily accessible; can we find this issue during delivery acceptance?
The intake lines (blue) take in outside air and run it to the turbos. The turbos then charge, or compress, the air and feed it into the charge air lines (red). These lines run to the intercooler (yellow), which cools the charge air, then from the intercooler to the intake.

The intercooler is up front directly behind the front bumper. My bet is that's likely where the bad connection was given the other portions of the charge pipes are move visible.

Ford Bronco 2.7 Underboost condition ..please check the Charge Air Cooler Hose connection 1638358547154

Ford Bronco 2.7 Underboost condition ..please check the Charge Air Cooler Hose connection 1638362140767

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will try this afternoon ..after I get off work

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The intake lines (blue) take in outside air and run it to the turbos. The turbos then charge, or compress, the air and feed it into the charge air lines (red). These lines run to the intercooler, which cools the charge air, then from the intercooler to the intake.

The intercooler is up front directly behind the front bumper. My bet is that's likely where the bad connection was given the other portions of the charge pipes are move visible.

Ford Bronco 2.7 Underboost condition ..please check the Charge Air Cooler Hose connection 1638362140767

View attachment 215981
nice explanation

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this the air charge hose that's being used to hold the coolant hose away from the pulleys? Asking for a friend đź‘€
good question, unfortunately I wasn’t at the dealership when they repaired..I’ll reach out to the mechanic and see what he says.
Sponsored