Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update - Finally took delivery of Bronco last Tuesday, today was first chance to install the catch can. Quick and easy install, took less than 10 minutes. Test drove about 50 miles afterwards, no engine codes. Will follow up after first oil change as amount of oil collected in catch can, plan to change the oil shortly after 1000 miles, might be a while since this is not a daily driver.
Pictures follow.

Catch can installed and connection points to engine

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today 1636941247663

Catch Mounting Bracket Installed

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today 1636941361934

Catch Can Mounted

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today 1636941452941

Catch Removed for servicing

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today 1636941564596

Catch Can With Tank removed for emptying

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today 1636941643797

Original Post Below

Ordered an UPR Oil Catch for 2.7, arrived today. Very well made and packaged. Also ordered the magnetic drain plug, remote drain kit and one way breather. Will be approx 6 - 7 weeks before install. Bronco Badlands build week 10/4, dealer estimated last week Oct or first week Nov delivery. Present plan is to install day of delivery. Reviewing the installation instructions should only be approx 10 minute install. Present plan is not to install the remote drain kit, thought is to wait and see what the actual service interval is, if excessive then use the drain line kit to install a remote tank. Only reason the mag drain plug was ordered was to see if there was actually any metal particles flowing thru the PCV system, highly doubtful IMHO. Plan to update thread after install and results after being driven over time.

Reasons for selecting the UPR kit, it's available now so it can be installed on first day, UPR has excellent rep for their catch cans, made in the USA and UPR is a Florida Company, believe in buying local whenever possible. In addition if needed it can be very easily / quickly removed and return to stock if needed for warranty work. Note, if ordering from UPR they have a 7 to 14 day lead time after placing the order to manufacture the kit. Have called them a couple of times in reference to the order and product specs, you couldn't ask for better support.

Not wanting to start another debate on catch cans, main reason for installing is simply to keep the blow by oil fumes from coating the intake system and intercooler, oil coating the inter-cooler internals affects it's thermal efficiency. Have a 2005 Duramax that is mildly modified, had have issues under high boost conditions with blowing the hoses off the boost tubes due to oil coating inside of the boost tube hoses.

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today UPR Catch Can kit

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today One Way Breather Kit
Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today Remote Drain line Kit
Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today UPR Catch Can Internal View
Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today UPR Catch Can Mount

Link to UPR web page

Ford Bronco 2.7 UPR Oil Catch Can - Updated - Installation Completed Today UPR Catch Can kit
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice!! Their kit looks really good compared to some others. I need one for my 2.3. I called, they just need a vehicle to test fit and develop.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am guessing you ordered direct from UPR?

Do any of the site sponsors carry this kit?

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am guessing you ordered direct from UPR?

Do any of the site sponsors carry this kit?

Correct, direct from UPR

Unknown at present if any site sponsors are carrying the UPR 2.7 kit, believe there's a post a few weeks back about one from Jaggernatpower that appears to be the UPR product but I can't state for certain that it is the same product. Quote from from that post inserted below

Plug and play catch can for the 2.7L listed as available. 2.3L version as well as CARB (California) legal versions in the works.
Came across it in a FB group. Use coupon code BRONCO6X for discount and free shipping.

In response to a question, they confirmed it can be removed in a minute or two if needed to comply with smog inspections. But note that the site says CA orders will be automatically refunded.

https://juggernautpower.com/product...oAqMIebUYUVIS6xZnYZVVJWl8ozfzjkMBnitRi3ApS0y8

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Many thanks Ingrid!

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered one tonight after seeing this.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPR has something of a sordid history. I will personally never buy from them.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered an UPR Oil Catch for 2.7, arrived today. Very well made and packaged. Also ordered the magnetic drain plug, remote drain kit and one way breather. Will be approx 6 - 7 weeks before install. Bronco Badlands build week 10/4, dealer estimated last week Oct or first week Nov delivery. Present plan is to install day of delivery. Reviewing the installation instructions should only be approx 10 minute install. Present plan is not to install the remote drain kit, thought is to wait and see what the actual service interval is, if excessive then use the drain line kit to install a remote tank. Only reason the mag drain plug was ordered was to see if there was actually any metal particles flowing thru the PCV system, highly doubtful IMHO. Plan to update thread after install and results after being driven over time.

Reasons for selecting the UPR kit, it's available now so it can be installed on first day, UPR has excellent rep for their catch cans, made in the USA and UPR is a Florida Company, believe in buying local whenever possible. In addition if needed it can be very easily / quickly removed and return to stock if needed for warranty work. Note, if ordering from UPR they have a 7 to 14 day lead time after placing the order to manufacture the kit. Have called them a couple of times in reference to the order and product specs, you couldn't ask for better support.

Not wanting to start another debate on catch cans, main reason for installing is simply to keep the blow by oil fumes from coating the intake system and intercooler, oil coating the inter-cooler internals affects it's thermal efficiency. Have a 2005 Duramax that is mildly modified, had have issues under high boost conditions with blowing the hoses off the boost tubes due to oil coating inside of the boost tube hoses.

Link to UPR web page

you definitely made a good investment for you new Bronco but I'm curious if this set up will set off the check engine light like most of these catch cans do on turbos .... IMHO the better route will be a 3 port dual catch can set up

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPR has something of a sordid history. I will personally never buy from them.
show me a company that's been in business for a while, that doesn't have it's supporters and detractors, my personal opinion of UPR and their product at this point in time is neutral pending installation and testing.

Case in point, all that someone has to do is read the posts on the Bronco6G forum, and one would have to conclude that Ford also has a sordid history, and then look at the same people stating that fact and then are still buying from Ford.

With that said I personally do not have any issues with Ford or the way they conduct business.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you definitely made a good investment for you new Bronco but I'm curious if this set up will set off the check engine light like most of these catch cans do on turbos .... IMHO the better route will be a 3 port dual catch can set up
I don't see why it should set any codes, unless it isn't maintained and emptied as needed, will update after installation if it causes codes to be set.

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn’t a catch can unnecessary at stock boost levels?
catch cans are a very debatable subject, lots of pros and cons, do your own research and remember you can't believe everything you see and read whether it's positive or negative about the subject.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPR's history is darker than just having "detractors." They're in the category with Hennessy and JR Granatelli.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m def going to be keeping an eye on this thread can’t wait to hear how it works out for your bronco I might have to pick one up

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the prototype @Mishimoto dual can set up in my 2.7. We have to put 1k miles on the bronco and get it back to them and then they get it in production. I"ll take some pics tonight.
Sponsored