First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This past Sunday I was up near lake Isabella on freeway ridge. Bronco performed great no issues marking it through the trail. When we got to highway 178 I pulled over to air up. Turned the bronco off to get situated when I got the compressor ready I went to start it and it would crank but wouldnt fire . It did burn a little fuel and almost started at first but then nothing. Only alert it says is power accessory ready. Had it towed home and am towing it to the dealer now. Will post updates. At the end of the trail I did come off a rock pretty good and thought it could have been an inertia switch but can’t find anything about that online.

badlands Sasquatch 2.7 3000 miles
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting.... Did anything turn on or completely dead? Did you check fuse box (fuse, ground?) in the engine bay? Good luck - following...

OP
OP

JA87

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting.... Did anything turn on or completely dead? Did you check fuse box (fuse, ground?) in the engine bay? Good luck - following...
Everything is on in the car. It initially fired up. it’s like the fuel cut off to the engine. I can hear the fuel pump running.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything is on in the car. It initially fired up. it’s like the fuel cut off to the engine. I can hear the fuel pump running.
What’s your engine build date hopefully you didn’t drop a valve

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh wow... good luck on it being something minor, connector, etc...

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a Badlands Sas at 2500. Just behind yah. Will stay tuned to hear your outcome

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately time to post your info on this thread ... 2.7 Blown Engine Fail List

Just follow the instructions. Make sure to snap a pic of the engine label, and most importantly follow the instructions under post #1 and report this to the NHTSA under engine failure. Ford needs to recall the affected Broncos and only people who have had this happen can do this! No need to read all 226 pages of posts, just read #1 and post your own data at the end and send report to NHTSA.

And I'm sorry to hear about your blown engine. I'm driving 8 hrs. to Off-Rodeo Vegas next week through the middle of nowhere with a 2.7 that has three Broncos built the same day already on the blown engine list. After Off-Rodeo I'll be doing another 6 hr. haul, followed by a 2 hr. drive, and finished with another 6 hour haul back home for a total of 22 hrs. driving in a week! Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
grats on your new engine replacement.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When did you take delivery of your bronco not sure what month your engine date translates too but 21306 I would think would put you in the clear can someone chime in my engine was built Nov 15 and so far have have yet to see any Nov

date engines have trouble seen 1 October on the list though

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This past Sunday I was up near lake Isabella on freeway ridge. Bronco performed great no issues marking it through the trail. When we got to highway 178 I pulled over to air up. Turned the bronco off to get situated when I got the compressor ready I went to start it and it would crank but wouldnt fire . It did burn a little fuel and almost started at first but then nothing. Only alert it says is power accessory ready. Had it towed home and am towing it to the dealer now. Will post updates. At the end of the trail I did come off a rock pretty good and thought it could have been an inertia switch but can’t find anything about that online.

badlands Sasquatch 2.7 3000 miles
did you try putting it in rice?
Sponsored