Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would encourage everyone to play it safe and cancel your orders.

p.s. This has nothing to do with me wanting to move up a few thousand positions in the reservation line. ;)
Yes, exactly. People this concerned should absolutely wait until 2025. :)
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh YES, Extended Warranty here, the only down side to it is no major modifications and I can live with that, not sure if I will get it when I buy or wait 3 years when they start calling me every other week about extending it LOL and I'm going with the 2.7 AT?
I always wait, lots can happen in 3/36

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In case this hasn't been linked to before:
https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=146

Quoting from the link; " Like most turbocharged engines, the 2.7 EcoBoost needs top quality synthetic oil, and a lack of even basic maintenance will kill it quickly. Also, direct injectors are more directly involved in combustion. In this case, they are more likely to become fouled and need to be cleaned or, in the worst scenario, replaced. "

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you have a Lemmon and a bad dealer/service. But you also said you figured out the problem in two minutes..... So maybe ...... It's a communication issue. I've seen minimal turbo work at the dealership I work at. I'm not worried at the least.

At least you are covered under warranty.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In case this hasn't been linked to before:
https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=146

Quoting from the link; " Like most turbocharged engines, the 2.7 EcoBoost needs top quality synthetic oil, and a lack of even basic maintenance will kill it quickly. Also, direct injectors are more directly involved in combustion. In this case, they are more likely to become fouled and need to be cleaned or, in the worst scenario, replaced. "
Does Ford still recommend Motorcraft Synthetic Blend Oil or did they change to full synthetic. My 2015 3.5 ecoboost owner’s manual recommends synthetic blend, and i change every 5k miles.

Last edited:

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Considering how many 2.7L's are out there, I am not personally worried. In my opinion the 2.7L seems more reliable and better engineered than the 2.3L. I will be buying an extended warranty though. I figured the first big issue, it would pay for itself.

I have read some problems with the 10spd. But again, there are a lot of them out there too, more than the 2.7L I would imagine. The manual is not an option for the 2.7L, so I am stuck with it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A $4K repair, out of pocket, is nearly 10% of the sticker price of the typical Bronco. That’s a lot for an wear and tear repair.
But 40K miles in 2 years is much more than normal wear and tear. The OP should be grateful that the repair is covered under warranty. When I hear use cases where driver's need engine repairs after excessive miles, I just shrug. It sucks, but how should that be a concern for a normal use case? Now, if there was a need for engine repair after 10k miles/yr use cases, then I would be concerned.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here I am coming from a lifetime of owning Hondas where I’ve never had a single issue and have only replaced brakes, tires, and oil...

Now I’m thinking extended warranty instead of high package.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But 40K miles in 2 years is much more than normal wear and tear. The OP should be grateful that the repair is covered under warranty. When I hear use cases where driver's need engine repairs after excessive miles, I just shrug. It sucks, but how should that be a concern for a normal use case? Now, if there was a need for engine repair after 10k miles/yr use cases, then I would be concerned.
Huh? 20k miles/year is not extreme or overuse. Sure, it’s above average but it’s still relatively common especially for an F-150 which is designed to be a work truck. Turbos going at 40k is a travesty no matter how quickly those miles are driven.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have these type of issues inside of my warranty period, I will definitely be selling my Bronco.

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What’s the warranty on the turbos?

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my second turbo on my Chevy Trax. less than 30,000. More complicated = More problems. Give me a big block all day, every day. Luckily, I don't live in Cali where there will be no oil burners in a few years while they can't even keep the lights on...
6.8L w/manual would be nice. Ford would never build it though.....

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does Ford still recommend Motorcraft Synthetic Blend Oil or did they change to full synthetic. My 2015 3.5 ecoboost owner’s manual recommends synthetic blend, and i change every 5k miles.
My thoughts with turbocharged engines is to run better grade oils despite what Ford recommends. 5K miles is a safe interval, with some diehards running more miles, but replacing the filter. I run Amsoil in my wife’s Fusion Sport (2.7 TT), but cheap out and run Mobil 1 in my Fiesta ST. Some folks really go full retard with oil, filters, testing etc... I’m not one of them.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huh? 20k miles/year is not extreme or overuse. Sure, it’s above average but it’s still relatively common especially for an F-150 which is designed to be a work truck. Turbos going at 40k is a travesty no matter how quickly those miles are driven.
🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited: