First Name
RD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like you could use to reheat you meal on when you're out camping on the trail.
Sponsored

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know (or think) this will help keep the engine cleaner from dust on trail rides? It would be so much easier to just wipe off the engine cover than trying to clean all the little hoses and parts and pieces. Or will it actually make the engine harder to clean because dust will get trapped under it?
No it won't keep it cleaner, dirt and dust is coming from bottom up; unless you're driving with the hood open. The concern over retaining heat is a bit bizarre. Aluminum dissipates heat better than plastic. Even if it did retained heat more, the engine is designed to compensate for the temps in the engine compartment. If it didn't, Ford would warn me not take my Bronco to Arizona because it's use to life in Maryland :sneaky: and warn me in the owner's manual not to use engine covers. But Instead it uses active louvers in the front grill that open/close to control air flow, a thermostat to open/close to control the flow of the coolant, and variable speed electric fans, etc, etc. Not trying to fuel an argument here. Anyway, I like the way it made my engine compartment look :)
See here:
Engine compartment

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No it won't keep it cleaner, dirt and dust is coming from bottom up; unless you're driving with the hood open. The concern over retaining heat is a bit bizarre. Aluminum dissipates heat better than plastic. Even if it did retained heat more, the engine is designed to compensate for the temps in the engine compartment. If it didn't, Ford would warn me not take my Bronco to Arizona because it's use to life in Maryland :sneaky: and warn me in the owner's manual not to use engine covers. But Instead it uses active louvers in the front grill that open/close to control air flow, a thermostat to open/close to control the flow of the coolant, and variable speed electric fans, etc, etc. Not trying to fuel an argument here. Anyway, I like the way it made my engine compartment look :)
See here:
Engine compartment
Thanks. I mostly got it for looks, but was hoping it would help with dust too. Thanks for the info on dust coming from the bottom up. My last trail ride was a dust storm, and figured dust was getting in from the cracks around the hood. Didn’t even think from bottom up. It’s a cool upgrade and actually makes it look more like an engine than the spaghetti mess.

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I mostly got it for looks, but was hoping it would help with dust too. Thanks for the info on dust coming from the bottom up. My last trail ride was a dust storm, and figured dust was getting in from the cracks around the hood. Didn’t even think from bottom up. It’s a cool upgrade and actually makes it look more like an engine than the spaghetti mess.
Completely agree, it's a spaghetti mess under there. I've seen some posts that it's that crazy looking because Ford rushed to get it done, but the 2.7 is used in other vehicles and it's been out since 2015 (gen1)? I don't think emission and vacuum hoses would differ that much in routing from vehicle to vehicle. Overall it looks much cooler in the driveway with the hood open now.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely agree, it's a spaghetti mess under there. I've seen some posts that it's that crazy looking because Ford rushed to get it done, but the 2.7 is used in other vehicles and it's been out since 2015 (gen1)? I don't think emission and vacuum hoses would differ that much in routing from vehicle to vehicle. Overall it looks much cooler in the driveway with the hood open now.
Wondering if this cover would work with the mishimoto dual catch cans?🤔

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure we are not the only ones wanting to clean up the engine bay! Now we have a way to jazz up the engine compartment with the new JcrOffroad engine covers! Both 2.7L and 2.3L are available!

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6GNC.html

78B35785-FA66-4EFD-8166-BF32967C85E1.jpeg

63B4650E-2E91-40D4-87B0-2D0C7C5D7D54.jpeg

F1A59F74-A507-4460-A19E-FA0A2D4262CC.jpeg

B046323B-D7B2-485A-9FCD-A9DF718422C8.jpeg

9548ED81-1167-44CD-A578-0AB3EB6B17CB.jpeg
Wondering if you know if this works with the Mishimoto dual catch cans that mount to the firewall? Don't know if there's enough clearance looking at the pictures.🤔

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, my 4 cylinder is quiet enough that I feel like trying to make it more quiet is just silly.

I do not spend any time under the hood except for filling fluids during an oil change, so trying to make it pretty under there doesn't appeal to me.

I can find much more functional things to spend my $180 on.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First off, my 4 cylinder is quiet enough that I feel like trying to make it more quiet is just silly.

I do not spend any time under the hood except for filling fluids during an oil change, so trying to make it pretty under there doesn't appeal to me.

I can find much more functional things to spend my $180 on.
I would say it sounds like this thread/product is not for you then

Ford Bronco 2.7L and 2.3L engine covers! JcrOffroad Screenshot_20230223-132321

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received mine a few days ago. I was surprised how sturdy this was. Very nice design. Install was easier than I thought. I dropped it off at the paint shop today, Cyber Orange! Then I have a black Bronco horse emblem to affix to it. Will post photos when completed. VERY NICE PRODUCT!
Interested to see pics of the bucking Bronco emblem, I might do the same.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it looks like something is missing when lifting the hood. This is how it should have looked all along. I am sure I will be ordering soon also 😊
Exactly what I thought when I popped the hood for the first time. Second thought was wow this is a mess. You can even see the mounting spots for the Ranger and Mustang covers. I had to look it up to see if mine was just missing. After learning the Bronco didn’t come with one, I purchased a 2.3 cover from JCR and it looks great.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly what I thought when I popped the hood for the first time. Second thought was wow this is a mess. You can even see the mounting spots for the Ranger and Mustang covers. I had to look it up to see if mine was just missing. After learning the Bronco didn’t come with one, I purchased a 2.3 cover from JCR and it looks great.
Does Ford have a cover for the 2.7? 🤔

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got mine installed. Looks great!

EAE25C74-B945-42D7-AD45-873A149BA50D.jpeg

7C753DF6-4177-4931-BF7E-C37DE75B7CC9.jpeg

313E9624-76F4-4905-B6E8-25631CD660D5.jpeg

44A8000F-E672-4CC7-8F73-9BB841E95A43.jpeg

F4442934-BB0F-4F01-822C-5777C0AA786B.jpeg

B2300A00-A5B8-4D2C-96DD-E6315B6209E9.jpeg

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't even know this cover existed, looks nicer than the plastic one I bought. I'm going to have to look into this one to replace my one just bought last month.

IMG_20230129_134644.jpg

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't even know this cover existed, looks nicer than the plastic one I bought. I'm going to have to look into this one to replace my one just bought last month.

Ford Bronco 2.7L and 2.3L engine covers! JcrOffroad IMG_20230129_134644
What is this cover?
Sponsored