Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Lv429 sorry to see this. Very disheartening. Sounded like there were kids in the car. Glad everybody is safe. @Ford Motor Company

I knew I was risking issues with purchasing a brand new design, but I thought they would be less severe than this. This is almost worst case scenario when an engine can fail at any moment.
Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes that’s my Bronco. Very disappointed. The dealer just told that it might take 2 weeks to even look at it. Which for a new $60k vehicle is unacceptable. I’m talking to Ford Customer care now and they are saying not much they can do besides a $35 a day rental reimbursement.
The dealer had better come correct, or else you can make them take it back... after 30 days I think.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is almost worst case scenario when an engine can fail at any moment.
The dealer just told that it might take 2 weeks to even look at it.
I think the folks who reserved 2 Broncos showed a lot of foresight. Even if you just want to go to the mall & back, you're gonna need at least 2.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So clearly you didn't try the 7MT then 😅
I've probably should! Some on this forum tell me it magically increases displacement and torque. Can't believe I didn't know that after 40+yrs. and dozens of MTs in the garage.

Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can definitely flip it for a profit, but I doubt your dealer will give you all your money back for it. consider selling it privately

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think the folks who reserved 2 Broncos showed a lot of foresight. Even if you just want to go to the mall & back, you're gonna need at least 2.
Hate to admit it, but I haven't minded much when they rotate through the dealer for few minor issues (roof leak, delivery scuffs)... and when all else fails, I have the Toyota.

IMG_3347.jpg

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We're coming for you Land Rover! Get outta the way!
Keep in mind that Ford and Land Rover have had joint engine development deals over the years. The V6 3L Turbo Diesel in my Range Rover is the same engine they put in the F150. 62,000 miles and it has been great.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to admit it, but I haven't minded much when they rotate through the dealer for few minor issues (roof leak, delivery scuffs)... and when all else fails, I have the Toyota.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] IMG_3347
Quite the stable there! I miss my FJ Cruiser sometimes. Had an ICON suspension under it, Bajarack, etc. Just couldn’t take the suicide doors with small kids!

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your motor fails under warranty they SHOULD give u a rental. Might have to jump through some hoops tho. Some dealers handle it in house, and some use rental outfits. Ford will cover it though. Might take a call to customer service to get it organized.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for anyone saying this is within a reasonable failure rate, or whatever - then why are we not seeing a similar number of 2.3 failures?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My engine build date is November too you should be fine I think the latest failed engine was September most are July and august build dates. The fact ford treats us like mushrooms doesn’t help the pile shit on top of us and keep us in the dark
Sponsored