NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
paging @Ford Motor Company how many times do we have to tag you before you Say and Do Something about the 2.7L
Sounds like they’re replacing broken ones. What do you expect them to do in response to your tag?

If this happens to mine I’ll ditch it after the repair. It’s my first Ford. Love it so far, but I wouldn’t have enough confidence in the brand or the vehicle at that point to go off the beaten path regularly… with something that failed so spectacularly so early on in the ownership process. And if I don’t feel comfortable going off the beaten path, it would be useless to me.

But unless and until my particular unit gives me this trouble, I’m not worried at all.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like they’re replacing broken ones. What do you expect them to do in response to your tag?

If this happens to mine I’ll ditch it after the repair. It’s my first Ford. Love it so far, but I wouldn’t have enough confidence in the brand or the vehicle at that point to go off the beaten path regularly… with something that failed so spectacularly so early on in the ownership process. And if I don’t feel comfortable going off the beaten path, it would be useless to me.

But unless and until my particular unit gives me this trouble, I’m not worried at all.
I just want them to communicate with us about what they're doing to find the problem and prevent it from reoccurring.
So you don't worry at all that your engine will fail you on the highway and cause an accident, or fail in the backcountry and leave you stranded?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is what I always find funny about this forum. People don't realize that only what...5-10% of the total Bronco owners are even on this forum? And even more importantly so, active enough to make a public post to go over their 2.7L issues. People are quick to say "these forums make small issues seem big". IMO, it's quite the opposite really. We have a list of 19 Broncos just on THIS forum with the same issue. As you said, multiply that now by 10x-20x and that would be an accurate number of how many Bronco's this is truly affecting.
If only 10% of Bronco owners are on this forum, then maybe the total number of blown 2.7 engines is 200 instead of 20.
200 out of 20,000 means Ford would do absolutely nothing, that's lower than the normal % of new vehicle engine failures.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only 10% of Bronco owners are on this forum, then maybe the total number of blown 2.7 engines is 200 instead of 20.
200 out of 20,000 means Ford would do absolutely nothing, that's lower than the normal % of new vehicle engine failures.
Everything you say is wrong. There is no 10% of Bronco owners on this forum, there is no 20 000 broncos. This is not lower than normal engine failure.

The fact that 20 blew out of only Bronco6G users, who got their Bronco delivered, have enough miles on it for the issue to show, chose the 2.7 is just mind blowing and inacceptable.

Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

~26,000 Broncos have been sold as of the end of November, ~29,000 members on this forum. Hard to pull exact statistics on how many of those members have been active this past month, how many have broncos, etc. Here's what we do know.

We have tons of people on this forum, myself included, who are day 1/2 pre-orders without a build date. We know the 2.7L is more of a constraint then the 2.3L, and by the allocation breakdown with constraint items some dealers have given (Chapman, Granger, etc.), the 2.3L makes up ~70% of allocations. If we take that, we're looking at ~7800 sold Broncos being 2.7L.

I truly think less then 5% of bronco owners are on this forum, but for easy math, lets say 5% are. So out of the 26,000 sold, 1,300 belong to folks on this forum....theoretically. Taking that 70% allocation being 2.3L, that means 390 of those 1300 are 2.7L motors. Now we have 20 people here with blown motors, which gives us ~5.1%.

We don't have all the numbers, and quite frankly a-lot of those are unobtainable without pooling this entire forum. Playing with the numbers we do have, 5.1% is very high.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
~26,000 Broncos have been sold as of the end of November, ~29,000 members on this forum. Hard to pull exact statistics on how many of those members have been active this past month, how many have broncos, etc. Here's what we do know.

We have tons of people on this forum, myself included, who are day 1/2 pre-orders without a build date. We know the 2.7L is more of a constraint then the 2.3L, and by the allocation breakdown with constraint items some dealers have given (Chapman, Granger, etc.), the 2.3L makes up ~70% of allocations. If we take that, we're looking at ~7800 sold Broncos being 2.7L.

I truly think less then 5% of bronco owners are on this forum, but for easy math, lets say 5% are. So out of the 26,000 sold, 1,300 belong to folks on this forum....theoretically. Taking that 70% allocation being 2.3L, that means 390 of those 1300 are 2.7L motors. Now we have 20 people here with blown motors, which gives us ~5.1%.

We don't have all the numbers, and quite frankly a-lot of those are unobtainable without pooling this entire forum. Playing with the numbers we do have, 5.1% is very high.
70% are 2.7 not 2.3 so I think your numbers are off.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everything you say is wrong. There is no 10% of Bronco owners on this forum, there is no 20 000 broncos. This is not lower than normal engine failure.

The fact that 20 blew out of only Bronco6G users, who got their Bronco delivered, have enough miles on it for the issue to show, chose the 2.7 is just mind blowing and inacceptable.
If you can show ANY real data that shows what I said is wrong then you can have some credibility I guess.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

70% are 2.7 not 2.3 so I think your numbers are off.
70% of built Broncos are 2.7s? Since when? 2.7 has always been the engine that was a commodity constraint, not the 2.3. This is from Chapmans for September build month constraints. Best case scenario here is 50%, and I recall seeing much lower percentages in other breakdowns either from Chapman or Granger
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] BF6ADBBB-CF7F-4152-B51C-708D6AD2A883

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something to note that Drew Peroni and @Broncitis are one in the same. But his replacement engine also crapped out so he is on his 3rd.
Do you have more details on this? On a related note, does the replacement engine come with turbos?

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not saying there isn't an issue with the 2.7, but for all the brain surgeons that insist their % numbers mean anything, explain to us simpletons how you came up with your % number?
Or more specifically, how many 2.7's have been produced and are sitting in driveways?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is orders submitted through this forum, not what Ford has built. We know that Ford hasn't been building things in order, and that commodity constraints play a big part of that. Thus is the purpose of the picture I posted in my last reply. This is well known, I shouldn't have to spoon feed you this info..;)
Sponsored