Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip are you able to, and allowed to, tell us how many blown 2.7's are in "the system" ?

There's been long debates about our members reporting versus the rest of the world.
I don't have access to that type of info. The parts system shows how many are in a depot, in transit to the depot, at a packager, how many are currently backordered and demand forecast.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't disagree more; Ford owes us some hard info. While not a life/death issue (yet), Here's an example of a more proactive approach:

Early on the morning of Sept. 29, 1982, a tragic, medical mystery began with a sore throat and a runny nose. It was then that Mary Kellerman, a 12-year-old girl from Elk Grove Village, a suburb of Chicago, told her mother and father about her symptoms. They gave her one extra-strength Tylenol capsule that, unbeknownst to them, was laced with the highly poisonous potassium cyanide. Mary was dead by 7 a.m. Within a week, her death would panic the entire nation.

Before the 1982 crisis, Tylenol controlled more than 35 percent of the over-the-counter pain reliever market; only a few weeks after the murders, that number plummeted to less than 8 percent. The dire situation, both in terms of human life and business, made it imperative that the Johnson & Johnson executives respond swiftly and authoritatively. To its credit, the company took an active role with the media in issuing mass warning communications and immediately called for a massive recall of the more than 31 million bottles of Tylenol in circulation.

But I agree no dealer should risk a career to remedy this situation. The monkey is squarely on Ford's back.
You don’t have to look outside the context of Ford to find a failure of epic proportions as far as recalls are concerned — the pinto killed plenty of people and Ford knowingly covered it up, paid out settlements and refused to recall until there was absolutely no other option.

We’re dealing with engine failures with very little known safety impact at the moment — if that changes, making safety a huge concern, and Ford still refuses to say anything? Then yeah I’ll sharpen my pitchfork with you.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
could it not also be a specific assembly worker, doing something out-of-procedure, forgetting something or doing it incorrectly? why does it have to be a part?

sorry for asking, I am a finance guy............

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably not. Unless you have a 6006 engine code vs 6007.
Can you decipher the 6006 v 6007? And what is the significance of the seq#?

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Judging by the amount of people on the forum and the amount of cases here, I’d say it’s a pretty damn prevalent issue. Are you really in favor of someone who’s already gone out of their way to help this forum immensely to tell you a number from an internal system, risking their entire livelihood? How will that help you get an engine replacement?

It’s obvious this is more than just “normal” failure rates, let’s not actively encourage internal folks to leak stuff. If you’ve never signed an NDA like that and you’re encouraging others to break them, I sure hope you’re putting up some money for their legal defense as well.
Where did that come from? I didn't ask anyone to do anything...except I asked you to provide the info you said we had a good idea of. You said "we had a good idea"; so I asked you what the idea was, and you provided nothing. The bottom line is we have very little idea how prevalent it is. Get off your stupid high horse and don't make allegations...I only asked you for the info you claimed "we" already had. You're not protecting anyone....people either provide info or they don't, your crusade doesn't affect that. Just don't lie and claim you have info when you don't.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you decipher the 6006 v 6007? And what is the significance of the seq#?
The basic # is different between a replacement engine and the original. They are the same engines, but shipped differently. I forget if 6007 was orig, and 6006 was a replacement or vice versa, but the basic changes. Ford uses a couple different basics for engine assy. 6010 I think is bare longblock.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The basic # is different between a replacement engine and the original. They are the same engines, but shipped differently. I forget if 6007 was orig, and 6006 was a replacement or vice versa, but the basic changes. Ford uses a couple different basics for engine assy. 6010 I think is bare longblock.
Got it and that is what I thought.

My question was in response to a reply made to an earlier post I made. In short some Broncos are getting held up in extended QC during manufacturing (mine was held up for over a week while others with same build day got shipped within a day). My thought was are some of the engines failing during QC? If so and it was getting a replacement 2.7 before it even leaves MAP wouldn't it just be a 6007 from the plant stock rather than a 6006 replacement that is shipped to dealers? Mine is a 6007 on day 214 (unfortunately one documented failure on this thread was from this day). I now have just over 2500 miles on mine. Anyhow, if this could be the case how many more may have failed before they even left MAP?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

could it not also be a specific assembly worker, doing something out-of-procedure, forgetting something or doing it incorrectly? why does it have to be a part?

Definitely possible. That's the word on the airbag recall.

Sponsored

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, and to complicate things, often in manufacturing issues there are 2 or more conflating variables. So, generically:
good + marginal = adequate performance (no failure)
marginal + marginal = inadequate performance (failure)

This is what I'm worried about. Marginal valve quality and installation could be at play, for instance. Which will cause a lot of finger pointing and slower rectification.

Everyone hopes for a really simple explanation but sounds like the supplier was pushing back against the "bad valve" theory. I'm very interesting to see how it plays out, and if we ever get a clear answer.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think your friends comments about finger pointing was ahead of us way back In August. The failures have been known without confirmation of root cause. Valve Material or heat treatment? Side loading due to lack of lubrication, valve guide seating or geometry???
Any single one of the nuisance’s or some combination thereof are contributing.
I continue to be perplexed that valves are found in one piece and bent rather than the valve stem shearing . It’s root cause is likely known by the engineering team and the redesign comments expressed here on B6G have to have real basis. Not a major redesign IMHO, but an adjustment to a component (s) that just isn’t cooperating as designed.

“ Ford is blaming my friends company “

Thanks for re sharing your original post. It gives me faith that there is an enormous amount of attention on the issue to correct the reliability problem.
Here is a possible scenario, years ago, while I was rebuilding a Toyota 4 cylinder engine, sleep deprived at 2am in the morning, I did not have the overhead cam timing correct as I assembled the engine. When I went to turn the engine over I proceeded to bend all the valves, since it was out of time, bent, not broken.

Since we have stories of techs telling Bronco owners their timing chain was broken, that event, throwing the camshaft out of time, could lead to bent valves, lifters snapping and kaboom!

Food for thought...

Last edited:

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You don’t have to look outside the context of Ford to find a failure of epic proportions as far as recalls are concerned — the pinto killed plenty of people and Ford knowingly covered it up, paid out settlements and refused to recall until there was absolutely no other option.

We’re dealing with engine failures with very little known safety impact at the moment — if that changes, making safety a huge concern, and Ford still refuses to say anything? Then yeah I’ll sharpen my pitchfork with you.
Let’s also not forget the rollout of the Explorer and the massive debacle that turned out to be. This is no different and may be on an even larger scale!

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
26 out of millions of 2.7L made. :p
You keep using that reference..... but I dont think you know what it means. There are not currently millions of the current 2.7L Bronco spec engine on the road.

This is not the same engine that the F-150 gets. This had already been discussed and proven via looking at the replacement part numbers in the various systems. You can currently get a replacement engine from for for a 2.7L spec F-150....however the Bronco spec engine is currently backordered..... That alone proves they are not one in the same.

Please stop spouting off this ridiculous claim....LOL

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You keep using that reference..... but I dont think you know what it means. There are not currently millions of the current 2.7L Bronco spec engine on the road.

This is not the same engine that the F-150 gets. This had already been discussed and proven via looking at the replacement part numbers in the various systems. You can currently get a replacement engine from for for a 2.7L spec F-150....however the Bronco spec engine is currently backordered..... That alone proves they are not one in the same.

Please stop spouting off this ridiculous claim....LOL
Just because a replacement engine has a different part number doesn’t mean the core design is different. If you don’t know the difference then maybe you need to look into it more.
Sponsored