Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not been yet but I highly doubt it would be the first rig towed down from that pass. I'd imagine it was less than 3 days though too
Maybe...

A day to get it picked up.

A day to haul out.

A day to the Ford dealer

Anyways, breaking down sucks
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah Ford doesn't make many 2.7's 😂

Dealerships don't offer rentals either 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ask the ones who have waited two weeks and don’t even have approval from ford for an engine replacement. Also you apparently haven’t heard of supply constraints? There’s no 2.7 on every corner right now. But it’s fine- live in bliss! No skin off my back if yours blows.

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry not attacking you, but you're just the 100th person that has made a similar comment.

Its enough for a message/safety bulletin from Ford,(the fact they haven't is ridiculous) and possibly a recall. via https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ion-numbers-8-287-sold-10-504-produced.29749/ We can estimate that Ford has produced ~55,000 Broncos in MY21(using November sales & adding it up to year sales), and according to https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-buyers-show-stick-is-still-popular/ ~37% were produced with the 2.3L. So we estimate that ~34,650 are 2.7L Broncos. Currently Bronco6G forum has 25 REPORTED cases of blown motors or ~.07% of all Broncos, might not seem like a lot, but considering members have already mention (in this thread ) that Facebook Bronco/Ford groups have multiple reports from people with also blown 2.7L Broncos. I'd say it's safe to add another 10 Broncos and make this an issue upon .1% of all produced.

Which is an issue, especially since we are dealing with entire engines being blown up, in a new vehicle with less than 5,000 miles. Tell me the last time you heard something like this before?

Another concerning factor is that many of these reports are coming from people travelling on highways going highway speeds.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm
NHTSA states

• I'd put an engine as a critical vehicle component, and I believe it is breaking.
TBH/tl;dr: There's an issue @Ford Motor Company - Stop caring about stock price & bad PR and do something, its been 6 MONTHS & COMPLETE SILENCE (Stock Price +58%)
I actually think both posts here have merit if the issue is isolated to a valve failure in a subset of engines. If that case, then the failure rate in the general population as of today is exceedingly small, perhaps non-existent. Thus it's even more of a snooze-fest for everyone not involved.

And if that's the case then even more reason Ford should be more proactive concerning the subset of vehicles with potentially bad engines.

Looking at the overall number of vehicles and production rate is pretty meaningless if the engines are built off the assembly line and/or have a build rate much different than the vehicles themselves. I would guess this is the case but can't claim to know anything about work flow in an auto plant. I reckon the most important number is the number of engines known to be affected by a bad batch of parts. It's not fair, and it's distracting, to dilute the failure rate by including all of the non-affected engines/vehicles. I agree with others that people in that group deserve to know and get some assurances for recourse - there's certainly enough data for at least that action.

Also, we're only talking about failures happening early in the vehicle life. We know nothing yet about the tendency for this failure to happen over the lifetime of the vehicle. Sure, it looks like they are clustered at low mileage, but that is probably because no one has that many miles yet...considering that 1) many more failures will probably be reported and 2) they are isolated to X number of motors, my prediction is the failure rate is going to be quite high in that group.

Just to re-iterate, all my comments based on the premise that the issue is isolated to a valve failure in a subset of engines.

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
Isn't rule one of wheeling to not go alone? Why is it going to take a day to get out?
Whoa....

You're original post involved Ford warranty, which I responded to.

My buddies don't get paid by Ford...usually.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry not attacking you, but you're just the 100th person that has made a similar comment.

Its enough for a message/safety bulletin from Ford,(the fact they haven't is ridiculous) and possibly a recall. via https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ion-numbers-8-287-sold-10-504-produced.29749/ We can estimate that Ford has produced ~55,000 Broncos in MY21(using November sales & adding it up to year sales), and according to https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-buyers-show-stick-is-still-popular/ ~37% were produced with the 2.3L. So we estimate that ~34,650 are 2.7L Broncos. Currently Bronco6G forum has 25 REPORTED cases of blown motors or ~.07% of all Broncos, might not seem like a lot, but considering members have already mention (in this thread ) that Facebook Bronco/Ford groups have multiple reports from people with also blown 2.7L Broncos. I'd say it's safe to add another 10 Broncos and make this an issue upon .1% of all produced.

Which is an issue, especially since we are dealing with entire engines being blown up, in a new vehicle with less than 5,000 miles. Tell me the last time you heard something like this before?

Another concerning factor is that many of these reports are coming from people travelling on highways going highway speeds.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm
NHTSA states

• I'd put an engine as a critical vehicle component, and I believe it is breaking.
TBH/tl;dr: There's an issue @Ford Motor Company - Stop caring about stock price & bad PR and do something, its been 6 MONTHS & COMPLETE SILENCE (Stock Price +58%)

This >

My 2000 F250 7.3 had a bad cam positioning sensor. This would cause the truck to just shut down without warning. Happened to me several times once while trying to pass a semi on the highway, wrestle over to the breakdown lane, no power steering/brakes, motor off, wait a 10 minutes, restart, no CEL. Backroads, put on hazards, wait a while, restart, and we’re off.
Ford knew about this issue and had TSBs but no recall. $80 part but PITA to install. I finally had it fixed when it happened to my wife.. TWICE! Unhappy wife, unhappy life. So I paid up the $500 bucks for the repair. But also filed a complaint with https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls as this was a potential safety issue.
I had forgotten about the complaint until 5 years after I filed I got a recall notice in the mail from Ford stating to bring in for repair or submit your receipt for reimbursement.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoa....

You're original post involved Ford warranty, which I responded to.

My buddies don't get paid by Ford...usually.
You said I'd be up there for a day waiting for a ride 😂

My panties aren't the ones in a bunch 😘 I ain't worried about 25 out of 34k motors.

Y'all can be as pessimistic as you'd like 😂

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask the ones who have waited two weeks and don’t even have approval from ford for an engine replacement. Also you apparently haven’t heard of supply constraints? There’s no 2.7 on every corner right now. But it’s fine- live in bliss! No skin off my back if yours blows.
I'll let the tinfoil hat wearers worry about blown motors 😘😘 25/34000 😳😂😂😂

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I actually think both posts here have merit if the issue is isolated to a valve failure in a subset of engines. If that case, then the failure rate in the general population as of today is exceedingly small, perhaps non-existent. Thus it's even more of a snooze-fest for everyone not involved.

And if that's the case then even more reason Ford should be more proactive concerning the subset of vehicles with potentially bad engines.

Looking at the overall number of vehicles and production rate is pretty meaningless if the engines are built off the assembly line and/or have a build rate much different than the vehicles themselves. I would guess this is the case but can't claim to know anything about work flow in an auto plant. I reckon the most important number is the number of engines known to be affected by a bad batch of parts. It's not fair, and it's distracting, to dilute the failure rate by including all of the non-affected engines/vehicles. I agree with others that people in that group deserve to know and get some assurances for recourse - there's certainly enough data for at least that action.

Also, we're only talking about failures happening early in the vehicle life. We know nothing yet about the tendency for this failure to happen over the lifetime of the vehicle. Sure, it looks like they are clustered at low mileage, but that is probably because no one has that many miles yet...considering that 1) many more failures will probably be reported and 2) they are isolated to X number of motors, my prediction is the failure rate is going to be quite high in that group.

Just to re-iterate, all my comments based on the premise that the issue is isolated to a valve failure in a subset of engines.
My fear is that, if this was a small subset of engines built during a period (mid summer) and they know it’s something with the valves & the issue has been fixed/found that they would’ve said something by now. ANYTHING

But the fact that they been completely silent and haven’t said a thing to about the issue makes me believe they got no clue what’s going on & could very well be still producing these vehicles with bad engines, hoping that “Well it’s just a small number”

There’s is also a poll on this forum asking 2.7L owners how many miles they have (I believe) 40% said less than 1000. That’s a lot of POSSIBLE defected engines.

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You said I'd be up there for a day waiting for a ride 😂

My panties aren't the ones in a bunch 😘 I ain't worried about 25 out of 34k motors.

Y'all can be as pessimistic as you'd like 😂
I'm not going to argue...your original post was about warranty and that's what I addressed.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll let the tinfoil hat wearers worry about blown motors 😘😘 25/34000 😳😂😂😂
How is it 25 out of 34,000? It's 25 out of however many forum members have Broncos with the 2.7 engine. That's just a small sampling of a likely much larger problem. I may not be a math professor but your numbers aren't adding up. ;)

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs