SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What rpm are you at to get those 400hp ?
Well the 400hp one is an RS motor, which peaks just before 6,000 — I’m plenty happy with the 2.3L power, it’s really the auto trans that ends up hurting the fun.
Sponsored

Lv429

Badlands
First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this anybody here:

Yes that’s my Bronco. Very disappointed. The dealer just told that it might take 2 weeks to even look at it. Which for a new $60k vehicle is unacceptable. I’m talking to Ford Customer care now and they are saying not much they can do besides a $35 a day rental reimbursement.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes that’s my Bronco. Very disappointed. The dealer just told that it might take 2 weeks to even look at it. Which for a new $60k vehicle is unacceptable. I’m talking to Ford Customer care now and they are saying not much they can do besides a $35 a day rental reimbursement.
Sorry to hear. I hope customer care lights a fire under someone’s butt and gets this going for you.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lucchese This is #27 (since we are only counting B6G users and @Lv429 has officially joined the foray).

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have they confirmed that the engine is locked up? Don't think we should include this one till we know it's a failure. Lots of things can cause a no start/no crank. Did it die while driving it?

Sponsored

termin8

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 21162. So, I have a tiny little clear gap down there from about 160-165....at least so far.
Interesting both from Ontario with same engine date. Are engines designated to Canada differently or vehicle just assembled with the next engine in the queue? Canada is the absolute worst to deal with, still waiting since July for my pass points. 3300 miles so far.

Lv429

Badlands
First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this anybody here:

Have they confirmed that the engine is locked up? Don't think we should include this one till we know it's a failure. Lots of things can cause a no start/no crank. Did it die while driving it?
No did not die while driving. It started shaking, engine light started flashing, strong fumes smell started coming into the cabin and the vehicle slowed down and we immediately pulled over

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One week ago today my 2.7 failed and left me stranded in the road. No warnings, it just stopped running and will not restart. Dealership says that it needs a new engine.

20211210_201645.jpg
Maybe this one needs to be added to the list

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

termin8

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 21162. So, I have a tiny little clear gap down there from about 160-165....at least so far.
my mistake, looked too quick at your location thinking it was sault saint marie in ontario

Sponsored

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father's brand new duramax broke a pushrod, probably the same overarching issue. Dealer told him that GM was aware of the problem and they have newly designed pushrods that fix the problem. Except, GM only shells out for one bank replacement, not both. They knew the pushrods were bad, to the point where they had different parts to remedy the failure, but were going to charge $4K to install the other bank of suspect pushrods. They also said that had it bent a pushrod instead of breaking one, the entire engine would be replaced no charge.

Anecdotally speaking, brand new vehicle failures seem to be cropping up with more regularity than they used to. Seems like you pay more than just money to have the latest and greatest vehicles, and you get entered in an exciting lottery free of charge. It's all a conspiracy to make us embrace electric gokarts as our future instead of real vehicles that burn dinosaurs.
Sounds like a good excuse to beat the hell out of it before the warranty period expires...

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well the 400hp one is an RS motor, which peaks just before 6,000 — I’m plenty happy with the 2.3L power, it’s really the auto trans that ends up hurting the fun.
I drove our local demo BL that is a 2.3L. Drove fine with decent power. If a manual were an option for me, I'd switch my order in a heartbeat. Without driving a 2.3L with the automatic, I'm not keen on changing. I bet with a tune it is a hoot to drive.

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
can you share a pic of the turbo tubing connection point locations for the 2.7?

I know only a very tiny bit about engines and what I learned on is a ‘90 wrangler, 4.2L, manual v6 with a carburetor. :LOL:

Plus its only like 30 degrees f outside here in mi and I don’t want to have to figure it all out in the cold!

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man, at least no accident - but what an ordeal
- maybe ask dealer for loaner - save rental reimb hassle
- in opening post see repair threads ** - lots of good advice
- here in B6g we're tracking engine build-dates to see what's happening - see table & graphs in OP
- when time permits we appreciate engine label info - has engine ser# - photos below
- maybe Service Dept can take a look and provide it to you

engine ser# & build date 21308 c.jpg

engine ser# & build date 21160 c.jpg
308 No whammy No whammy!!!! I have faith in you redruM.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No did not die while driving. It started shaking, engine light started flashing, strong fumes smell started coming into the cabin and the vehicle slowed down and we immediately pulled over
That DOES sound like a dropped valve...you will find LOTS of info here on B6G...not just in this thread. Hopefully you get it fixed quickly, but right now other members are on hold for the same issue. Glad you joined!
Sponsored